Is it good to have a monarchy?

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator:Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
md0
Re: Is it good to have a monarchy?

Postby md0 » 2014-02-27, 17:45

What I see as a problem with Turkish politics is that all sides are authoritarian. The conservatives are authoritarian, the secularists are authoritarian, and those who want to create a new Caliphate or whatever are obviously authoritarian.
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

Saim

Postby Saim » 2014-02-28, 10:43

Totally with you Meidi. As far as I can tell many of the secularists seem to replace religion and god with an almost supernatural venerance of the imagined "nation" - this is probably why it's so hard to convince Turks to recognise Kurds as a people or recognise the crimes comitted in western Armenia. Not that that's uncommon in the rest of Europe though, it's pretty clearly based on the French jacobin model.

md0

Postby md0 » 2014-04-02, 0:21

I don't remember if I posted this again, but since I re-found it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81kpPlhVtaQ

Better than Ed Miliband™
ok, it's a low bar
"If you like your clause structure, you can keep your clause structure"
Stable: Cypriot Greek (el-cy)Standard Modern Greek (el)English (en) Current: Standard German (de)
Legacy: France French (fr)Japanese (ja)Standard Turkish (tr)Elementary Finnish (fi)Netherlands Dutch (nl)

Return to “Politics and Religion”