Wikileaks case

This forum is the place to have more serious discussions about politics and religion, and your opinions thereof. Be courteous!

Moderator: Forum Administrators

Forum rules
When a registered user insults another person (user or not), nation, political group or religious group, s/he will be deprived of her/his permission to post in the forum. That user has the right to re-register one week after s/he has lost the permission. Further violations will result in longer prohibitions.

By default, you are automatically registered to post in this forum. However, users cannot post in the politics forum during the first week after registration. Users can also not make their very first post in the politics forum.
Partisan

Wikileaks case

Postby Partisan » 2010-12-09, 6:09

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Sta ... ables_leak

To begin this thread, a tutorial about this case. Long, but necessary to understand the diplomacy as spying tool for unitedstatian governement and to understand (for many people) the capitalist "democracy".

JackFrost
Forum Administrator

Re: Wikileaks case

Postby JackFrost » 2010-12-09, 8:36

Neferuj paħujkij!

sa wulfs

Postby sa wulfs » 2010-12-09, 9:25

Sorry but I don't think you understand what diplomacy entails. I can tell by the pixels, and because you seem to think these diplomatic shenanigans have something to do with capitalism or with the US per se.
http://ungelicisus.blogspot.com
Hrōþabaírhts sa Wulfs | Hrōðbeorht se Wulf | Hróðbjartr Úlfrinn | Hruodperaht der Wolf | Hrôthberht thê Wulf

Formiko

Postby Formiko » 2010-12-09, 10:45

sa wulfs wrote:Sorry but I don't think you understand what diplomacy entails. I can tell by the pixels, and because you seem to think these diplomatic shenanigans have something to do with capitalism or with the US per se.

Agree. He thinks his country is innocent.
Cherokee Indian STILL improving German.
Getting reacquainted with Swahili Msaada!
In no particular order
[flag]eo[/flag][flag]de[/flag][flag]es[/flag][flag]yo[/flag][flag]chr[/flag][flag]ru[/flag]

Narbleh

Postby Narbleh » 2010-12-09, 18:58

Formiko wrote:
sa wulfs wrote:Sorry but I don't think you understand what diplomacy entails. I can tell by the pixels, and because you seem to think these diplomatic shenanigans have something to do with capitalism or with the US per se.

What does this have to do with Wikileaks?
[flag=]en-us[/flag][flag=]fr[/flag][flag=]eo[/flag][flag=]nl[/flag]Image

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2010-12-09, 19:28

Narbleh wrote:
Formiko wrote:

What does this have to do with Wikileaks?

That he thinks only the US is bad, proved to him by the documents Wikileaks made available.
Please correct my mistakes!

Partisan

Postby Partisan » 2010-12-09, 20:44

Narbleh wrote:What does this have to do with Wikileaks?

The persecution against Julian Assange and Wikileaks is directed related with these leaked documents

hlysnan

Postby hlysnan » 2010-12-09, 20:51

Partisan wrote:The persecution against Julian Assange and Wikileaks is directed related with these leaked documents

With adverbs, you usually use the suffix -ly. Also, "directly related with..." is understandable, but "directly related to..." is more common.

Tenebrarum

Postby Tenebrarum » 2010-12-24, 18:25

I only hope Bradley Manning will survive retribution from one of the most vile and depraved entities on Earth that is the US Army, have his justice and come out okay.
!Chalice! Communion wafer of the tabernacle

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2010-12-24, 21:42

Draven wrote:I only hope Bradley Manning will survive retribution from one of the most vile and depraved entities on Earth that is the US Army, have his justice and come out okay.

This! The US Army is incredibly petty and vindictive. Manning's apparently been in solitary confinement without a pillow for 7 months now without having been convicted of anything. And the media just goes on about Assange...
Det finns ingen
tröst. Därför
behöver du den inte
(Gösta Ågren)

MillMaths

Postby MillMaths » 2012-08-16, 11:19

Julian Assange: UK "threat" to arrest Wikileaks founder

Ecuador has accused the UK of making a "threat" to enter its embassy in London to arrest Wikileaks' Julian Assange.

I gather there's a demonstration going on outside the Ecuadorean embassy in London right now. :huh:

BlackZ

Postby BlackZ » 2012-08-16, 13:13

If the Scotland Yard invades the embassy, it would open a huge precedent. I don't doubt that autocratic countries would begin doing that as well. But I don't think UK will do that. I seriously think that Assange will stay in the Embassy for a very long time from now on. Or at least as long as Rafael Correa is the Ecuadorian president...

I'm not aware on how the politics are in Ecuador, except that their president is frequently compared with Hugo Chavez (from Venezuela) and that the relations between Ecuador and Colombia have deteriorated since Correa refused to let Colombia arrest members from FARC that were hiding in the Ecuadorian territory, 1.5 kilometers from the border - the result was that, in 2008, Colombia invaded that area and arrested the FARC members, causing a huge incident in the region...

I hope that doesn't end up becoming a war... I doubt that would happen but... Who knows? :?

EDIT: Ecuador just granted political asylum to Assange... let's see how the things go.
Native: [flag=]pt-br[/flag]
Learning: [flag=]en-us[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]ca[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2012-08-25, 23:43

Dissidents living in an embassy isn't something new folks. 方勵之 [fāng lìzhī] was a famous Chinese dissident, he lived with his wife 李淑嫻 [Li shūxián] over a year in the American embassy in Beijing. He was accused of high treason and being the organiser of the Tianamen square protests in 1989. After a year Fang Lizhi was allowed by the Chinese authorities to be accompanied by American soldiers to the nearest airport and leave to never return again.

And what do you think of the blind Chinese dissident 陳光誠 [chén guāngchéng] he stayed a few days in the American embassy. Later he left the embassy and went to the hospital in Beijing and on 19 May 2012 chen, his wife and two children left China on a commercial flight to the USA.

This time it's not China being the agressor but the USA. Now it's up to Ecuador to find an agreement with the United Kingdom, Sweden and of course the USA. I'm afraid that the USA will do everything to show the world they don't like blab mouths, especially not if it shows the world what type of country the US is in reality. A country that doesn't give a damn about international treaties, the UN, human rights, fair diplomacy, (war) crimes, etc.

So I assume it's only a matter of time before Assange will end up in court in Washington and will be locked up for the rest of his life. By those cultivated, peace and freedom loving Americans.

Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

JackFrost
Forum Administrator

Postby JackFrost » 2012-08-26, 2:56

So I assume it's only a matter of time before Assange will end up in court in Washington and will be locked up for the rest of his life. By those cultivated, peace and freedom loving Americans.

Hey, don't do the crime if you don't want do the time.

He's pretty much a cowardly rat hiding in an embassy just to avoid to be deported to Sweden to face rape charges. That's why the UK wants his ass out of there.
Neferuj paħujkij!

Kenny

Postby Kenny » 2012-08-26, 7:54

But you don't know if those charges are true and if he somehow ends up in America, they'll rip him a new one and not for the sexual assault charges.

JackFrost
Forum Administrator

Postby JackFrost » 2012-08-26, 17:25

But you don't know if those charges are true

Never said they're true. That's what the court is there for and the Swedish ones aren't known to be seedy, you know? I am just saying he should face the charges against him and convince the court that he is innocent as he claims.

he somehow ends up in America

Well, he did leak out thousands of documents and diplomatic wires, so I can see why countries want his hide.

I don't know. I'm not going to get too rustled over this because I've stopped following this farce a long while ago.
Neferuj paħujkij!

Johanna
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Johanna » 2012-08-26, 19:21

AFIK, if they do manage to bring him here, he won't end up in the US, since first of all, no such request has been made, and secondly, he might face the death penalty and as a rule we don't deport people to face torture or death.

I know that that rule hasn't always been followed, but in this case, no one would dare make an exception. The three Egyptians that CIA picked up from Sweden about ten years ago were unknown to the public before it happened, and despite that, it was one of the biggest scandals of that decade here, making it very hard to repeat it.
Swedish (sv) native; English (en) good; Norwegian (no) read fluently, understand well, speak badly; Danish (dk) read fluently, understand badly, can't speak; Faroese (fo) read some, understand a bit, speak a few sentences; German (de) French (fr) Spanish (es) forgetting; heritage language, want to understand and speak but can't.

BlackZ

Postby BlackZ » 2012-08-26, 23:24

JackFrost wrote:Well, he did leak out thousands of documents and diplomatic wires, so I can see why countries want his hide.

The interesting part is: Wikileaks leaked some important informations about Ecuador as well. Then, why is Ecuador protecting him? Pure demagogy. It will make Rafael Correa look like a hero :?: to the Ecuadorian people, for trying to defend Assange, the "defensor of the truth", against "the Empire".

It's not a coincidence that the next ellection in Ecuador will be in February 2013...
Johanna wrote:I know that that rule hasn't always been followed, but in this case, no one would dare make an exception.

I can't trust on any politician. It wouldn't surprise me if he ended up in the USA in such a case.

That said, if the objective really is deporting him to USA, why UK don't do it? For this reason, I believe you are right, Johanna.
Native: [flag=]pt-br[/flag]
Learning: [flag=]en-us[/flag] [flag=]fr[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]es[/flag] [flag=]ca[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag]

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2012-08-27, 1:41

JackFrost wrote:Hey, don't do the crime if you don't want do the time.

He's pretty much a cowardly rat hiding in an embassy just to avoid to be deported to Sweden to face rape charges. That's why the UK wants his ass out of there.

Officially there's no crime committed, since there's no official report from the allegedly rape victims. These women who claim to be raped by Assange didn't press charges on him, they never did! Though, Interpol decided to press charges on Assange instead, a few months later, even without an official report from these two allegedly raped women. Don't you think that's quite suspicious?

I'm afraid that as soon Assange sticks his nose out the door of the Ecuadorian embassy he'll be taken into custody by the British police and deported to Sweden. Here one will conclude there's no official report and before Assange can learn to say 'goodbye' in Swedish he'll be send on a plane to Washington to disappear in a stinking prison for the rest of his life.
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

JackFrost
Forum Administrator

Postby JackFrost » 2012-08-27, 2:55

Johanna wrote:he might face the death penalty and as a rule we don't deport people to face torture or death.

The death penalty is only applied to murder cases, something that he didn't commit.

Leviwosc wrote:Officially there's no crime committed

It's an expression, so it isn't meant to be taken literally.

These women who claim to be raped by Assange didn't press charges on him, they never did!

Ultimately, it's not up to those women to lay the charges, but the police.

Here one will conclude there's no official report and before Assange can learn to say 'goodbye' in Swedish he'll be send on a plane to Washington to disappear in a stinking prison for the rest of his life.

Let me counter that with BlackZ's comment:
That said, if the objective really is deporting him to USA, why UK don't do it?

He might be onto something there...

And way to ignore Johanna's comment on this matter. I can take her word for it that Sweden wouldn't pull this sort of crap again after that scandal.
Neferuj paħujkij!

Return to “Politics and Religion”