Lesson #2: September 17, 2005
[[ Please use these links to view the images: http://www.linguiquest.com/unilang/05-09-17-1.jpg http://www.linguiquest.com/unilang/05-09-17-2.jpg
宮崎 駿（みやざき はやお）
Let's find a translation for the first page and excerpt of this 広告（こうこく）. I was in my local コンビニ and picked this up. 宮崎さん has come up in conversation here recently with his famous movie ほたるのはか.
Here are some goals for these pieces:
1) Find the name of the movie in Japanese. Is the English translation literal or more or a figurative representation of the Japanese?
2) What kind of deal can I get if I want to buy the movie at Lawson? Who's offering the deal? What exactly are those extra goodies at the bottom? How do I get them?
3) When will the package be released?
4) Why does that poster on the second image have English all over it? Isn't this deal supposed to appeal to Japanese customers?
5) When was the movie released in America? What was the format (TV? Theatre? DVD?)?
6) Maybe I want this buy this package. I'm not sure though. Maybe I should wait a few weeks before making a reservation. Or maybe I could take the train to Osaka and try to find the same poster for a better price. Is this a good idea? Why or why not?
7) Write up a rough translation of the text on the cover page and the excerpt from the inside.