Japanese music

gibbor

Japanese music

Postby gibbor » 2005-06-30, 23:34

Hi,

One of my favorite music genres is Japanese techno. I'm not learning Japanese but would just like to know how to write a few words and names of artists in Japanese. Here they are:

Japanese techno

Could you add how this is pronounced please?

(names of artists:)

Ken Ishii
Fumiya Tanaka
Takkyu Ishino
Shin Nishimura
Kagami
Tasaka
Denki Groove

Thanks!
gibbor

Psi-Lord

Re: Japanese music

Postby Psi-Lord » 2005-07-01, 0:04

I had a look around, and these seem to be their names as they use it commercially:

Ken Ishii - ケン・イシイ
Fumiya Tanaka - 田中フミヤ, たなかふみや
Takkyu Ishino - 石野卓球, いしのたっきゅう
Shin Nishimura - にしむらしん
Kagami - かがみ
Tasaka - たさか
Denki Groove - 電気グルーヴ, でんきグルーヴ

I couldn't find all of them, and some seem to use their names spelt in Latin script even in Japanese itself; others seem to spell their names in katakana very often, too. It's also interesting to note that the names you gave are in Western order (personal name + family name); in Japanese, the order is reversed (family name + personal name), except for Ken Ishii, which seems to be known in the music industry by that even in Japan.

As for pronunciation, since you said you don't study Japanese or anything, the best approach is to read the names as you gave them using English as a model for the consonants, and Spanish as a model for the vowels. 'Groove', in Denki Groove, is spelt 'Guruuvu' in Japanese, but it's more likely to be pronounced 'Guruubu', with a B, by the average Japanese speaker.
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

gibbor

Postby gibbor » 2005-07-02, 12:11

Could you also translate 'Japanese Techno' into Japanese for me please?

Thanks! :)

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2005-07-02, 20:49

It seems three expressions are commonly used:

Japanese techno (that is, as in English)

日本のテクノ - Nihon no tekuno
- Nihon = Japan
- no = genitive postparticle
- tekuno = techno

日本のテクノ音楽 - Nihon no tekuno ongaku
- ongaku = music
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

gibbor

Postby gibbor » 2005-07-02, 20:56

Thanks again, Psi-Lord! :)

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”