Hallo, J!

Æren

Re: Hallo, J!

Postby Æren » 2010-09-23, 12:02

hashi wrote:
Æren wrote:Here're some more sentences I wrote some days ago.

1. 私は今日ブルガスへ帰りました。
2. 僕は時々朝コーーを飲みます。
3. 母もコーーを飲みます。
4. 私と弟は朝学校へ行きます。
5. 僕はいつもうさで食べます。
6. お父さんは月曜日に映画を見ませんでした

1 - right
2,3 - it is kōhī, not kōpī.
4 - right
5 - what is usa-de?
6 - is it meant to be past tense?

5- "Usa" is misread by me "uchi". :oops:
6- Yes, the negative form. :para:
:<3: [flag=]pt [/flag] [flag=]es-ES [/flag] [flag=]fr [/flag]
:D [flag=]uk [/flag] [flag=]no[/flag] [flag=]lt[/flag] [flag=]de-AT[/flag]
:? [flag=]fa [/flag] [flag=]tl[/flag] [flag=]tr [/flag] [flag=]cs[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]he [/flag]
:para: [flag=]ir [/flag] [flag=]hu [/flag]

Æren

Postby Æren » 2010-09-28, 18:56

I've reached some not very clear points, though, right now I can recall pnly this one:
Is there any fixed order of the marked parts - means, place, direction, direct object, etc. ?
:? [flag=]fa [/flag] [flag=]tl[/flag] [flag=]tr [/flag] [flag=]cs[/flag] [flag=]ja[/flag] [flag=]he [/flag]

hashi

Postby hashi » 2010-09-28, 20:06

Æren wrote:I've reached some not very clear points, though, right now I can recall pnly this one:
Is there any fixed order of the marked parts - means, place, direction, direct object, etc. ?

We recently discussed this in the discussion thread. There is no one way to do it, so long as it comes before the verb really I guess. I usually put:

- the time before the subject
- the place/direction before the object
- the object before the verb
- the means somewhere before the place/direction

etc. But this is just my preference.

Æren

Postby Æren » 2013-03-23, 13:59

So, after about a two-year break I returned to Japanese last august after meeting some Japanese people in my place. This time I took Assimil as a base. Recently, though, I've use my Bulgarian book, where the kanji's are introduced far more systematicly, as well as the grammar.
After I've spent almost a week with a Japanese friend of mine this month, I realised that I simply can't try to make more abstract expressions. Japanese collocation logic is confusingly different from the one I've used to meet.
For this reason I'll try writing simple sentences and post them here as frequent as possible. For now this is going to be the larger part of my active ussage.

1.春がだが、風たくさんふきます。
2.風がたくさんふきますが、私はいえにだ。
3.寝るがことができませんが、友達と話した。
4.あした友達の誕生日ですから、今日買い物しました。

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2013-03-24, 12:04

Æren wrote:So, after about a two-year break I returned to Japanese last august after meeting some Japanese people in my place. This time I took Assimil as a base. Recently, though, I've use my Bulgarian book, where the kanji's are introduced far more systematicly, as well as the grammar.
After I've spent almost a week with a Japanese friend of mine this month, I realised that I simply can't try to make more abstract expressions. Japanese collocation logic is confusingly different from the one I've used to meet.
For this reason I'll try writing simple sentences and post them here as frequent as possible. For now this is going to be the larger part of my active ussage.

1.春がだが、風たくさんふきます。
2.風がたくさんふきますが、私はいえにだ。
3.寝るがことができませんが、友達と話した。
4.あした友達の誕生日ですから、今日買い物しました。
Japanese collocation is definitely the hardest I've ever come across. It's taken me months of cultural immersing to get some of it... But then again, it feels so good when I finally get it right.

The particle 「が」 does not come in between the noun and the copula (「だ」). Neither does it come after a verb (just do not confuse it with the 「が」 meaning "but"). For stating the location of humans and animals, you need ot use the verb 「いる」. It is also okay to leave all other verbs in a sentence in the short/dictionary form as long as the last one is in the long/masu form, or just use the short forms. People do tend to use the long form earlier in the sentence when using the "but" 「が」, although you can use short form with is. Another less formal word for "but" is 「けど」. Another fustrating part of Japanese is how many ways you can say one thing, but still you always seem to due it the wrong way :P Also, your third sentence includes "but", but it seems more logical to write "because" in that case.

Two sets of suggestions from two people:

1.春ですが、風がたくさんふきます。
2.風が強いので、私は家にいます。
3.寝ることができないので(寝られないので)、友達と話しました。
4.明日は友達の誕生日なので、今日買い物をしました。

1.春になったが、風がたくさんふきます。
2.風がたくさんふいているので、私は家にいます。
3.寝ることができない(寝られない)ので、友達と話した。
4.明日は友達の誕生日だから、今日買い物をしました。
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Understands (sv) Understands (dk) Studied (ja)
[flag=Mom's side of the family]fo[/flag] Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs) Playing with (ga)

Æren

Postby Æren » 2015-01-09, 23:53

Hello (after almost a two year break and an unexpected 'resurrection') :D

I've started my second edition of the #100languagelearningdays challenge, this time targeting at Japanese.
I will be very grateful for any correction and comments you may share on the sentences I am going to post!
1. 私わ意伴だ。ウィーンにすんでいる。 watashi wa iban da. wyiin ni sunde iru.
2. 私の友達は学生じゃない。watashi no tomodachi wa gakusei janai.
3. 私は魚が好きじゃなかった人だ。watashi wa sakana ga suki janakatta hito da.
4. ウィーンには値段が高いレスツランあります。 wyiin ni wa nedan ga takai resuturan arimasu.
5. 外国語を学ぶと思う。 gaikokugo wo manabu to omou.
6. 今日はマリアに会った。 kyou wa maria ni atta.
7. ポルツガル語に歌いますね。 porutugarugo ni utaimasu ne.
8. 昨日はアイルランド語の辞書を買った。 sakujitsu airurandogo no jisho wo katta.
9. 露国から友達に会った。 露国語を話した。 rokoku kara tomodachi atta. rokokugo wo hanashita.

Ciarán12

Postby Ciarán12 » 2015-01-16, 1:13

私わ意伴だ。ウィーンにすんでいる。

I've heard of people choosing Kanji for their names before, but it's generally not the done thing. Still, to each their own.

私は魚が好きじゃなかった人だ。

What this means is "I am a person who didn't like fish". Which is weird. Do you like it now?

外国語を学ぶと思う。

Out of context, this is pretty ambiguous. Did you mean "I think I will learn a foreign language"?

露国から友達に会った。 露国語を話した。

So apparently "露国" means "Russia"! I have only ever heard "ロシア", which I believe is much more common. Also, I would say ""ロシアから来た友達" - a friend who comes from Russia.

Æren

Postby Æren » 2015-01-16, 18:53

Ciarán12 wrote:私わ意伴だ。ウィーンにすんでいる。

I've heard of people choosing Kanji for their names before, but it's generally not the done thing. Still, to each their own.

I know, but I totally dislike Katakana, so I had some fun one day shuffling around the kanji tables..

Ciarán12 wrote:私は魚が好きじゃなかった人だ。

What this means is "I am a person who didn't like fish". Which is weird. Do you like it now?

Yep, same for the mushrooms.

Ciarán12 wrote:外国語を学ぶと思う。

Out of context, this is pretty ambiguous. Did you mean "I think I will learn a foreign language"?

Exactly. And, there is no context all in all, though, for a language like Japanese, I do understand that one is often crucially needed.

Ciarán12 wrote:露国から友達に会った。 露国語を話した。

So apparently "露国" means "Russia"! I have only ever heard "ロシア", which I believe is much more common. Also, I would say ""ロシアから来た友達" - a friend who comes from Russia.

I also didn't expect to meet a special kanji for Russia as well (though it is logical to have one, isn't it?). I suppose the Katakana version would be more common, but still, I like the kanji more :D

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”