翻訳の要請 (Translation Requests)

Yasna
Re: 翻訳の要請 (Translation Requests)

Postby Yasna » 2016-11-13, 1:29

September wrote:How would I say "Thank you for visiting our monastery?" More generally, how is "thank you for [action]" typically expressed?

僧院を訪ねてくださってありがとうございます。
Souin wo tazunete kudasatte arigatou gozaimasu.

You need a verb in it's te-form, then "kudasatte arigatou gozaimasu" for "thank you for".
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

September

Postby September » 2016-11-21, 4:52

Yasna wrote:
September wrote:How would I say "Thank you for visiting our monastery?" More generally, how is "thank you for [action]" typically expressed?

僧院を訪ねてくださってありがとうございます。
Souin wo tazunete kudasatte arigatou gozaimasu.

You need a verb in it's te-form, then "kudasatte arigatou gozaimasu" for "thank you for".

Thanks so much!

atalarikt

Postby atalarikt » 2018-02-03, 9:47

I guess this sounds way too much, but hey, a question wouldn't hurt, right?

I would like to request a translation of this 18-lesson Balinese course in Japanese, which I found from this thread, starting from Lesson 5 (1 to 4 are already posted in the thread).
وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ خَلْقُ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَاخْتِلَافُ أَلْسِنَتِكُمْ وَأَلْوَانِكُمْ ۚ إِنَّ فِي ذَٰلِكَ لَآيَاتٍ لِلْعَالِمِينَ۝
"And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge." (Ar-Rum: 22)

Jika saya salah, mohon diperbaiki. If I make some mistake(s), please correct me.
Forever indebted to Robert A. Blust for his contributions to Austronesian linguistics

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2020-01-09, 20:54

Hello,

could someone decypher what is writter on this pen? I have tried Google translate, but since this is a "caligraphic style" of characters, I do nto have any results.

Thank you in advance :-)

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2020-01-10, 1:28

kotrcka wrote:Hello,

could someone decypher what is writter on this pen? I have tried Google translate, but since this is a "caligraphic style" of characters, I do nto have any results.

名高教, which is short for 名古屋市立高等学校教員組合, the Nagoya High School Teachers Association.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

kotrcka

Postby kotrcka » 2020-01-10, 4:09

Yasna wrote:
kotrcka wrote:Hello,

名高教, which is short for 名古屋市立高等学校教員組合, the Nagoya High School Teachers Association.

Thank you very much.

smbspo79

Postby smbspo79 » 2020-01-15, 22:31

Good Morning my native Japanese speakers. I am very novice Japanese speaker and translator. I have a question been struggling with this one for a while. My reasoning is below.

サイロン “Sairon” (Not so easy a translation)it is another play on names. サイ= 犀 rhinoceros “Usually written using kana alone” and ロン = ron. Look at his name Sairon, airon is Iron in Japanese. It is a combination name of Rhinceros and Iron. When translating his card “not very flexible, but he has a gentle and warm heart.” “hates to bend”.

I have attached the card for reference. He is an anthropomorphic Rhino from the toy line Laserbeasts/Battle Beasts "Beastformers" in Japanese.

Look forward to your thoughts.

Steve
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2020-11-09, 0:43

Can this sentence "This is not my umbrella" be translated in these two ways これは私の傘ではありません / 私の傘はこれではありません or is only one of them correct? There is a slight difference, since the first means "As for this one, it is not my umbrella", while the second one means:" As for my umbrella, it is not this one". But are they both correct to express the English "this is not my umbrella?" Thank you in advance for answering.

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2022-11-19, 1:43

Massimiliano B wrote:Can this sentence "This is not my umbrella" be translated in these two ways これは私の傘ではありません / 私の傘はこれではありません or is only one of them correct? There is a slight difference, since the first means "As for this one, it is not my umbrella", while the second one means:" As for my umbrella, it is not this one". But are they both correct to express the English "this is not my umbrella?" Thank you in advance for answering.

Yes, they're both correct, and your interpretation is correct. The first one will be more common in general circumstances, the second one sounds like you were discussing what your umbrella is like compared to other umbrellas.

Massimiliano B

Postby Massimiliano B » 2022-11-28, 9:34

Karavinka wrote:
Yes, they're both correct, and your interpretation is correct. The first one will be more common in general circumstances, the second one sounds like you were discussing what your umbrella is like compared to other umbrellas.

Thank you!

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”