Re: 翻訳の要請 (Translation Requests)

Postby Yasna » 2012-03-14, 4:43

IMABI wrote:私はかなり評判のいいサイトを所有し、支援と援助の必要としています。

もうたくさんです。いまびが運営するサイトの話を何度も何度も持ち出すのを控えてくれませんか?不正広告でしょう。
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2012-03-14, 5:55

Do not slander me yasna. I need the native/fluent speaker support, and if you look through my comment records, a small percentage of my comments are related to my work. Besides, it's about Japanese so what the heck is wrong with talking about it here. Besides, you could use it too.

Yasna

Postby Yasna » 2012-03-14, 16:09

IMABI wrote:Do not slander me yasna. I need the native/fluent speaker support, and if you look through my comment records, a small percentage of my comments are related to my work. Besides, it's about Japanese so what the heck is wrong with talking about it here. Besides, you could use it too.

It's not slander if it's true. And it's clearly the case that you have been shamelessly promoting your website on this forum. If your website was as useful as you think it is, other people would mention it here. Instead we just have over a dozen mentions of it from you. Blatant advertising I say. I don't know if it's against the forum policy, but in any case it's incredibly distasteful.
Ein Buch muß die Axt sein für das gefrorene Meer in uns. - Kafka

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2012-03-14, 17:05

Yasna, my site was first mentioned by kman. He joined my site last summer and insisted on me coming here. He only meant to do that to distort my text out of context and bash me.

Trust me, there ain't enough people that use this forum to have any advertisement. I have only mentioned it to people I think would be helpful to or would be helpful to me. Clearly hirashin and chorroboy would be great assets to me and unilang.

Some of those 12 you mention were in response to kman. A while back I did ask unilangers whether any of them could help me with proofreading, and since there are so many intelligent and competent people here, I thought it would be worth the try.

What would be so wrong about having a thread just about it? Other unilangers works have been looked at in detail before. It could just make this place resurrect. Isn't that what we want to do here? Help MORE people with Japanese. No? You yourself need to work on Japanese as do I. Two heads are better than one, and I have tried to do my dead level best to put forth something with value to all the people out there that want a better understanding of Nihongo.

Kasuya, for your information, I can't even talk properly because of oral surgery. When I saw that two Japanese people joined I was very excited. Why the hell not would I not ask them? If you were in my shoes, you would think of yourself an idiot too if you didn't ask.

If people are talking about a grammatical pattern where I believe my notes, which is essentially what my site is, why would I not tell them? Japanese forums isn't even my most active forum.

I have gone through all of my comments and have come up with the following stats.I have only mentioned my site 18 times on unilang.

13 comments were asked of me and in either a forum that kman wanted me to start or he started.
3 comments were in threads for giving resources for which I did not know the proper avenue.
1 comment was about Classical Japanese in response to someone asking about resources.
1 comment was in the complaining forum with a ton of OTHER complaints.
2 comments, which are the recent ones, were asking natives for assistance.

What is wrong with this? I am sorry, but you are just wrong in your assertion. I have gone through my records to prove it. I have around 350 comments. So, you can see even more so what little I say about it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sources of my comments:

A free resource site -- started by kman1 where my first messages were made.
About teaching Japanese thread -- brought about by kman1. Even in this thread, a lot of the comments deviated from mentioning it.
Assistance in Japanese project thread -- brought about by kman1, a persisting request he had before we broke ties.
A thread about Hanzi simplification. I made a comment that I had made a decent list of Kyuujitai.

At times, I have messaged newbies to visit it because they specifically asked in their first messages for a good resource site. I even asked hashi for permission if I could do this.

You are free to verify this. I do not wish to be rude to you yasna. And, I would love to talk to you about Japanese here or where ever you would like. I hope we can still become friends.

maxd.ijn

Postby maxd.ijn » 2012-04-04, 14:44

Which is the kanji for knowledge? I've searched in some websites and dictionaries and I found various kanjis with some diferent concepts. I wanted to know if this is the right one for a sinonim of "wisdom" 知識.

I know this is a bit newbie question to ask but I've studied just a bit of Japanese some years ago and I kinda forgot some things...
Learning: [flag=]de[/flag]
Native: [flag=]pt-br[/flag]; C1: [flag=]en-UK[/flag]; A2: [flag=]es[/flag]
Corrections are welcome! ;)

Bao

Postby Bao » 2012-04-04, 23:30

Imabi, if you need native speaker support, you should ask for it where there are many native speakers, and not where there are few native speakers who then are easily flooded by requests for help. It's unfair to the native speakers and your fellow non-native speakers, as it will likely result in the few native speakers just giving up.

maxd.ijn, which context? Also, do you want a kanji (what for) or a word?
I often confuse 辛 and 幸. || It's not procrastination until the last day.

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2012-04-05, 11:57

I think people really don't understand my situation. For the most part, I've been fine. People voluntarily help out all the time in finding typos and what not. The addition of a native speaker would be nice. Hirashin speaks a dialect, and so he is a more interesting candidate. There is no "have to" in the equation. I'm not sure what overly hard request I've given. In fact, I'm pretty sure all I've done is suggest.

maxd.ijn

Postby maxd.ijn » 2012-04-06, 0:38

Bao wrote:maxd.ijn, which context? Also, do you want a kanji (what for) or a word?

I want to know just the word for knowledge. It's out of context, actually... It's more a friend's doubt than my doubt so I don't know how to explain it properly... :hmm:

Bao

Postby Bao » 2012-04-06, 0:53

Then 知識 would be as good a bet as anything else, or 存知.

maxd.ijn

Postby maxd.ijn » 2012-04-06, 15:05

Bao wrote:Then 知識 would be as good a bet as anything else, or 存知.

ありがとうございます! :D

Ciarán12

Postby Ciarán12 » 2012-04-13, 12:58

Hi,

I'm having trouble translating the exact meaning of the following sentence. "Los Angeles" here refers to the name of a restaurant. I had thought that it meant "The Dojo was thirty minutes walk away on foot from an old town called Los Angeles." But then I found out that the name of the restaurant IN the town was Los Angeles.

"道場からロスアンへレスのある旧市街までは徒歩で三十分の距離だった。"

Bao

Postby Bao » 2012-04-13, 14:56

The distance from the doujou to the old town where the Los Angeles is (located) was (about) a 30 minutes' walk by foot.

There are two points here:

○○のある場所 is the place where ○○ is located; 場所 can be replaced with many words that describe a location or place, ○○ stands for items or inanimate objects like buildings etc.

The sentence pattern used is ○○から××までの距離, the distance from ○○ to ××.
In such cases it's helpful to translate more directly and pay attention to the particles and the sentence pattern used. You can always make the translation sound better (than mine) afterwards.

Ciarán12

Postby Ciarán12 » 2012-04-13, 18:08

Bao wrote:The distance from the doujou to the old town where the Los Angeles is (located) was (about) a 30 minutes' walk by foot.

There are two points here:

○○のある場所 is the place where ○○ is located; 場所 can be replaced with many words that describe a location or place, ○○ stands for items or inanimate objects like buildings etc.

The sentence pattern used is ○○から××までの距離, the distance from ○○ to ××.
In such cases it's helpful to translate more directly and pay attention to the particles and the sentence pattern used. You can always make the translation sound better (than mine) afterwards.

Thanks, that helps a lot. I wasn't aware of the ○○のある場所 construction for saying "the place where...is located.", that was the bit that confused me.

tomodachi

Postby tomodachi » 2012-04-29, 6:10

Hi, I tried to translate some sentences to Japanese, but I am not sure if my grammar is correct, could you please fix it for me, thanks ^_^

English Trans
Good clothing, long hair, tangled
like that the planet, has nobody
but it's ok, I see it
I am not a cool woman anymore

My curses are your manners
You're with the fifth girl, the news is spreading again
I was your everything, but a cool woman I never was
you broke everything, broke everything in me

Japanese trans (I translated need correction)
良い服、長髪、長い絡まっ
惑星のように、誰かがここいない
でも大丈夫、私が見るよ
それでは私はもうかっこいい女の子じゃない

私の呪い、それは君の作法
君は第五の女の子と一緒にい、 うわさがまた広がっている
私が君のぜんぶだった、 でも私はかっこいい女の子じゃない
君はぜんぶを壊した、 君はぜんぶ私を壊した

Aberacht

Postby Aberacht » 2012-04-29, 11:02

Hello everyone,

I've been getting a bit into Japanese, but I still have no formal learning in the language. Regardless, I tried my hand at translating something, and I'm curious if my interpretation gets the general idea:

誰もが心に不安と痛み抱えて生きているんだ.
Daremo ga kokoro ni fuan to itami o kakaete ikiteiru nda.
Everyone (subject) heart (location) anxiety (and) pain (object) holding lives.
Everyone lives holding anxiety and pain in their hearts.

Is this satisfactory? Thanks. :)
★★★★ Image ★★ ImageImageImage Image

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-04-29, 11:49

I would use 皆, not 誰も, but someone else is bound to have another opinion. You also missed を before 抱えて. I'm not 100% sure either, but the ~んだ feels unneeded to me. Otherwise I see little issue.
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

Aberacht

Postby Aberacht » 2012-04-29, 11:53

hashi wrote:I would use 皆, not 誰も, but someone else is bound to have another opinion. You also missed を before 抱えて. I'm not 100% sure either, but the ~んだ feels unneeded to me. Otherwise I see little issue.

Thanks for your response, hashi. I looked "~んだ" up and found this: http://jisho.org/words?jap=nda=&dict=edict

So, perhaps the sentence would be more literally translated as "The fact is, everyone lives holding anxiety and pain in their hearts." Maybe "~んだ" is trying to show that this sentence is being asserted as true or something similar.
★★★★ Image ★★ ImageImageImage Image

hashi

Postby hashi » 2012-04-29, 12:00

Aberacht wrote:
hashi wrote:I would use 皆, not 誰も, but someone else is bound to have another opinion. You also missed を before 抱えて. I'm not 100% sure either, but the ~んだ feels unneeded to me. Otherwise I see little issue.

Thanks for your response, hashi. I looked "~んだ" up and found this: http://jisho.org/words?jap=nda=&dict=edict

So, perhaps the sentence would be more literally translated as "The fact is, everyone lives holding anxiety and pain in their hearts." Maybe "~んだ" is trying to show that this sentence is being asserted as true or something similar.

Yeah which I think is why it feels unneeded to me as it's not really a statement you'd try to assert to someone is it?
(en-nz)(ja)(sv)(it)(mi)(et)

Sono ancora qui (a volte), ma probabilmente non ti voglio parlare.

tomodachi

Postby tomodachi » 2012-04-29, 17:21

Hey, can anyone help correct my Japanese grammar. I translated a song to Japanese but I think my grammar is really weird xD

japanese translation

私はあなたへできない, 痛みに
ターゲットへの手紙、覚えてますか?
匂い、色と波、
私の髪の枕で寝落ち。
そして、あなたの手の中で,
私の写真を保持していないで.
できない、覚えてません。
花のなし、天のなし、あなたの束縛なしでだから。

そして、再度失う
見つける、私は塩を投げ
目に太陽と女の子
飛ぶ方法?
私は夜に手紙を送る、
私はズタズタに画像を取り込む、
傷つけるボーベッドの脚、
スリープしないだから。

English Trans
I can't go to you, in pain
letters in aim, do you remember?
The scent, and the colour and the waves
On the autumn of my hair's sleep on my pillow
And don't hold it in your hand,
Release my picture.
I can't, I don't remember
Nor the colours, not even sky without your chains.

And I lose again,
If I find, I throw myself like salt,
How can the little sun-eyed girl
Fly?
I send letters at night,
I tear photos to shreds,
I kick my bed hard
Not to fall asleep.

Irkan

Postby Irkan » 2012-06-18, 19:03

Hello everyone. I was wondering if someone could translate this sentences to Japanese.
I'm writing a novel and I need them. If you some cntext, ere it goes:
The main characters have arrived at a surgeons house, but he refuses heir visit in shouts.
Here are the sentences:
-Go away! I don't work anymore, you bastards!
-It's us, *name of the surgeon*
-"Us" who? Get out of my house! I already told you I don't work now!
-Angels! We're the fucking angels!
-Get in! Quick!

I know I'm asing for a lot, but could the sentences colored red be in a very simple grammar (they belong to a non-native speaker, so he commits some mistakes)? And the other sentences... could they be in a very rude and unfriendly way?

Thank you very much in advance, I hope you can translate this soon

PD: If you could write both the kanji and the romaji, I'd be incredibly grateful

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”