free japanese grammar site!

IMABI

Re: free japanese grammar site!

Postby IMABI » 2011-06-25, 0:30

It's quite reliable though and very efficient. Course, I do believe I went a little overkill in the experiment. It might not be so bad now. Plus, it could have just been my computer and the internet browser. I'm converting the table of contents with links available. I believe it will take 5~15 more minutes and then you can get to navigate もっと容易く. :)

hashi

Postby hashi » 2011-06-25, 0:52

IMABI wrote:It's quite reliable though and very efficient. Course, I do believe I went a little overkill in the experiment. It might not be so bad now. Plus, it could have just been my computer and the internet browser. I'm converting the table of contents with links available. I believe it will take 5~15 more minutes and then you can get to navigate もっと容易く. :)

どうも。所で、何年間とどこで日本語を勉強しましたか?私はベギナーではないから、多分参考品だけとして君のサイトを使います。

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2011-06-25, 1:12

The links are uploaded. I assure you the website is not targeted for beginner's primarily. Far from it. Everything is in-depth and very thought provoking and goes into a lot of stuff that is never touched in a lot of the resources I own. Please take time to assess the material. The titles of the lessons are not a good way to measure the content within if you will. I am self-taught. I have yet to step into a Japanese classroom. 天才じゃないが、私にしては日本語はとても簡単な言葉です。None of the particle lessons should be avoided as being rudimentary.
Last edited by IMABI on 2011-06-25, 1:51, edited 1 time in total.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2011-06-25, 1:34

IMABI wrote:The links are uploaded. I assure you the website is not targeted for beginner's primarily. Far from it. Everything is in-depth and very thought provoking and goes into a lot of stuff that is never touched in a lot of the resources I own. Please take time to assess the material. The titles of the lessons are not a good way to measure the content within if you will. I am self-taught. I have yet to step into a Japanese classroom. 天才じゃないが、私にしては日本語はとても簡単な言葉。None of the particle lessons should be avoided as being rudimentary.

That's what I meant. I would only really use it as a reference if there was something I was unsure of. Good work though ;)

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2011-06-25, 1:48

Oh, well that's alright. If you may, could you suggest some lesson ideas? I'm trying to make sure the last one's of my advanced curriculum are the most insightful.
Last edited by IMABI on 2012-03-14, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

hashi

Postby hashi » 2011-06-25, 1:52

IMABI wrote:Oh, well that's alright. I would like to point out stuff that I believe you may be interested in. I have made a phonetic guide for Japanese based off of IPA that's shown in Lesson 1. I've done some work about the study of Bikago. I am also currently making a lesson about interjections where I am trying to classify them into categories. If you may, could you suggest some lesson ideas? I'm trying to make sure the last one's of my advanced curriculum are the most insightful.

Have you got stuff like the weird constructs rarely used these days? Like ~のごと or ~まい? (Haven't looked properly yet). One of the textbooks we had in University Japanese was full of these sorts of things that aren't very common in order to expose us to them more. I've forgotten most of them :P How do you mean a phonetic guide?

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2011-06-25, 2:37

Well, it's like what it sounds. It transliterates the language phonetically through a linguistic mindset. It is based off of a narrow-interpretation of the International Phonetic Alphabet in relationship to the Japanese language. Yes, the auxiliary verb -mai is there as well as goto. You may also utilize the search engine at the homepage to search for things. It will work with both English letters and Japanese script.

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2011-06-25, 4:56

IMABI wrote: You know there's a Japanese book that uses almost every usage of kakeru? It's an insane, fun, and quick read too. :) The book is called kakeru. What a coincidence right?

多和田葉子の「かける」ですね。 導入しか読んだことがありませんが、その本全体を読む予定があります。

IMABI wrote: As I have read through your commentaries, I have only found a few places that were unclear to me.

微妙な間違いを教えていただけませんか? :) 上達させていただければ嬉しいです。

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2011-06-25, 14:46

The only problems that there really are is little mess up on parallelism. We all do this at times, but they are good to point out. For example,
When you used 勉強しようとしていますが、The sentence needed to really end 勉強していないおそれがあります。There was another time where you used one conditional form "nara" and then switched to "ba" in the same sentence. But, again, you are quite understood. It is, though, a little incorrect to use "na node" at the beginning of the sentence, and it should only be used as a cause and effect. Perhaps using kono tame?

Śrāmaṇera

Postby Śrāmaṇera » 2011-06-25, 17:48

ありがとうございます。 これからそれについて考えておきますよ! :)

IMABI

Postby IMABI » 2011-06-25, 17:50

I've had to study a lot about parallelism. It is a little annoying I must say. But, the more punctual the better. :)

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”