自己紹介 - Self introductions

Hydrosoul
Re: 自己紹介 - Self introductions

Postby Hydrosoul » 2013-05-13, 17:07

My Japanese knowledge isn't very strong currently so I'm just going to start with English right now. x3

My name is Ana. I'm eighteen years old and live in the United States. There's several reasons why I enjoy learning Japanese, even if I'm not doing so in a serious setting currently. I love the writing system, and despite it's challenges I enjoy it. Perhaps my artistic spirit adds to the fun. I also like the culture in many ways. The fashion, history, and art all are very inspiring to me. I like several animes, games, and musicians from Japan, so knowing at least part of the language would be very helpful. My interest first started when I was a kid and was fortunate enough to get to live in Okinawa for three years. I loved it, and ever since it was apart of my life somehow.
It would be nice to visit again, anywhere really. Tokyo would be great for all the things going on, the districts like Harajuku and such. I'd also love to see their gardens and traditional architecture again.
[flag]fr-QC[/flag][flag]he[/flag][flag]ru[/flag][flag]ja[/flag][flag]ko[/flag]

Kavkaz

Postby Kavkaz » 2013-05-14, 3:54

Hi! My name is "interesting_username." I'm an American. I am studying Japanese because I find Japan very interesting. It's a beautiful language, but I speak it poorly. I'd like to improve. Someday, I'll go to Japan and live there. I want to teach English in a school.

初めまして。「INTERESTING_USERNAME」です。アメリカ人です。日本は面白い国ですから、私は日本語を学びます。日本語はきれいですが、むずかしですよ。私は日本語が下手です。改良したいです。いつか日本に行きます。あそこで住みたいです。学校に英語を教えたいです。
Native: [flag=]en-us[/flag]
Intermediate: [flag=]ru[/flag]
Beginner: [flag=]ka[/flag]
Interested: [flag=]ab[/flag][flag=]ce[/flag][flag=]inh[/flag][flag=]kbd[/flag][flag=]av[/flag]

Achmedino

Postby Achmedino » 2013-05-14, 18:54

interesting_username wrote:初めまして。「INTERESTING_USERNAME」です。アメリカ人です。日本は面白い国ですから、私は日本語を学びます。日本語はきれいですが、むずかしですよ。私は日本語が下手です。改良したいです。いつか日本に行きます。あそこ住みたいです。学校に英語を教えたいです。

I'm not sure if what you've written is now 100% correct, I still have a lot to learn as well, but I noticed these two things. むずかし is an い adjective, so because there doesn't seem to be any reason to remove that い in this situation, I think it should've been むずかしい. Also when you use the verb 住む (in whatever form) you don't use the adjective で in front of it, you use に, I know this sounds weird, cause you'd think living somewhere is seen as an action, but this is still the case.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to help you out :) .
Native: [flag]nl[/flag]Near-native: [flag]en[/flag]Sort of okay: [flag]ja[/flag]not quite fluent, but okay: [flag]af[/flag]
Korrigeer asseblief my foute.
Please correct any mistakes.
間違いを直してください。

Kavkaz

Postby Kavkaz » 2013-05-17, 15:00

Achmedino wrote:
interesting_username wrote:初めまして。「INTERESTING_USERNAME」です。アメリカ人です。日本は面白い国ですから、私は日本語を学びます。日本語はきれいですが、むずかしですよ。私は日本語が下手です。改良したいです。いつか日本に行きます。あそこ住みたいです。学校に英語を教えたいです。

I'm not sure if what you've written is now 100% correct, I still have a lot to learn as well, but I noticed these two things. むずかし is an い adjective, so because there doesn't seem to be any reason to remove that い in this situation, I think it should've been むずかしい. Also when you use the verb 住む (in whatever form) you don't use the adjective で in front of it, you use に, I know this sounds weird, cause you'd think living somewhere is seen as an action, but this is still the case.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong, I'm just trying to help you out :) .

I believe you're right on both accounts. muzukashii was a typo, but I did mistakenly use de instead of ni as sumu's particle.

ありがとうございます。
Native: [flag=]en-us[/flag]
Intermediate: [flag=]ru[/flag]
Beginner: [flag=]ka[/flag]
Interested: [flag=]ab[/flag][flag=]ce[/flag][flag=]inh[/flag][flag=]kbd[/flag][flag=]av[/flag]

Aleco

Postby Aleco » 2013-05-18, 11:45

It should also be 「学校英語を教えたい」 ;) Also, as a general rule, you don't need longer forms earlier in a sentence as long as the final verb / copula ends in a longer form (or masu form). Doing so may sound a bit awkward apparently. If in a very formal context it might very well feel natural to do so, but in those cases, you would probably also use different verbs and nouns too.
So I'd say:
「日本は面白い国から、私は日本語を学びます。」

That being said, I'm really bad at correcting people in this language. There are some other things I would like to point out, but won't, as I'm not sure if these are actual mistakes, or just things I never really hear.
Native (no) Fluent (en-us)
Conversational (sv) Understands (dk) Minored in and lived in (ja) Actively studying (hu)
Exposed to (fo) Study now and then (et) Curious about (cs)

Return to “Japanese (日本語)”