Romanian tenses

Fenek
Romanian tenses

Postby Fenek » 2003-02-01, 9:37

What tenses are there in Romanian?

jordi garrigos

Postby jordi garrigos » 2003-02-02, 22:40

Hi Fenek and the rest of Unilangers!

This is my first contribution. I am new here, though I have already spent some time browsing this site. I love it and find it very interesting. I had also the pleasure to know Luis who I met in the chat section once.

Back to the question about Romanian, Fenek. As far as I know (my Romanian is a little bit rusty), tenses in Romanian share basically the same pattern as other Romance languagues, for example Italian. The only difference I can find is about perifrastic forms for some verb tenses. These vary from language to language. Could you please be more concrete? What do you ask this question for? I hope to have been of any help.

Fenek

More conrete

Postby Fenek » 2003-02-04, 9:20

jordi garrigos wrote:Could you please be more concrete? What do you ask this question for?

I'm just curious. I'd like to have an overview on the Romanian tense system. I wonder what extent it is different than another Romance language tense systems (Italian, French etc.) to.
How many tenses are there?
What are their names?
When are they used?
How are they constructed?
This is what I am interested in.

jordi garrigos

Postby jordi garrigos » 2003-02-04, 16:35

Ok, Fenek. Here's next a pdf file taken from an old grammar book but still valid about Romanian tenses and their conjugation. It uses a descriptive approach taking Italian as a point of reference (I know you understand Italian, Fenek) for you to compare.
I'm sure it will be useful for you.
http://www.unilang.org/download/romanianverbs.pdf

Fenek

thx

Postby Fenek » 2003-02-04, 20:41

Thank you very much, jordi! :D

sonne

link

Postby sonne » 2003-02-05, 3:33

hello
i am interested in learning romanian, and i found a link that might interest you...
http://www.geocities.com/romanianlessons/index.htm

i hope it is useful to you

Fenek

thx

Postby Fenek » 2003-02-05, 9:11

Thanks, sonne! :D

jordi garrigos

Postby jordi garrigos » 2003-02-05, 10:42

Are there many members in this site interested in learning Romanian? I am new here, just for curiosity. It would be nice to share our learning experience. How long have you been learning Romanian for? What material are you using? Why are you studying Romanian?

Strigo

I am

Postby Strigo » 2003-02-05, 13:38

Hi!

I'm Carlos , I am fourteen years old and I am studying romanian, because I am absolutely interested in that language and Unilang has given me the chance to do it. I am studying based on Sid's lessons.
And, I hope we can talk about it, it'd be great and interesting.

Bye!
Aquí es donde traduzco diariamente música israelí del hebreo al español

[flag]cl[/flag] native; [flag]en[/flag] fluent; [flag]il[/flag] lower advanced ; [flag]pt-BR[/flag] read fluently, understand well, speak not so badly (specially after some Itaipava); recently focusing on [flag]sv[/flag][flag]ar[/flag] and I promised myself to finish my [flag]ru[/flag] New Penguin Russian Course: A Complete Course for Beginners in less than a month (12/oct/2013). Wants to wake up one day speaking [flag]ka[/flag][flag]lt[/flag] and any Turkic language.

E}{pugnator

Postby E}{pugnator » 2003-02-05, 14:36

If there's enough people interested in Romanian (I am) we can create a thread forit in the Virtual Languages School Forum...
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

darkina

Postby darkina » 2003-02-05, 21:24

*sighs* i'd like to have time (and will...) to learn it too, cos i'm interested in all east-european languages... But i only know a few words :( There are maaaany Romanians living in Italy but i've never been able to ask for more than a few words...shame...

P.S. Strigo, you are only 14??? :shock: at your age i was barely able to speak english and starting to act as something more as a child... some kids are clever nowadays...(well my brother is 13 and can't speak a word of english and acts as a child most of the time...)
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

Psi-Lord

Re: I am

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-02-05, 23:03

Strigo wrote:I am fourteen years old

Would you get offended by being given the title of 'Unilang mascot', Strigo? :)
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

jeananne

re: Tenses in Romanian

Postby jeananne » 2003-02-06, 2:40

I would definitely be interested in contributing to the Romanian fad sweeping the forum...i'd be happy to post some links, but all my favorites are already listed. Surtout the [url]geocities.com/romanianlessons[/url]will get you started. It has very clear explanations of tense sequencing.
jeananne

Return to “Romanian (Română)”