Romanian = Hardest Latin language

Zarcu Mihai
Re: Romanian = Hardest Latin language

Postby Zarcu Mihai » 2013-10-09, 8:52

Saim wrote:Zarcu, why are you so intent on minimizing Slavic and Balkan influence in Romanian? For me as someone with an advanced knowledge of two Romance languages and one Slavic one, that's what makes Romanian fascinating to me. From the outside it it seems like this is just for nationalist reasons - proving national purity and belonging to "Western" civilisation, as if that was something desirable.

i am not minizating anything the slavic influence on romanian is minimalonly seen at vocabulary level and if you consider the i sound at the end or i before e then at the phonology too! romanian is the periphery of balkan sprachbund it has the score of 7,5 out of 15 along with greek while macedonian has really 15 and bulgarian 13,5 and i did not say that we belong to western civilisation romanian is isolate romance language like sardinian aromanian and romansch belive it or not it is like that you can't change a fact of history.the isolation allowed to conserve many features from latin all these languages,while the western romance developed togheter.And please,Zarcu is my family name,call me Mihai ;D
Ego Civis Macedono-Romanicvs Svm!

Zarcu Mihai

Postby Zarcu Mihai » 2013-10-10, 15:52

I know that someone is gonna say that,but I am a native romanian and Aromanian speaker and I wanna tell you for the last time that these languages are the closest to original latin along with Sardinian and Romansh!Italian vocabulary is full of modernized latin.

Levike

Postby Levike » 2013-10-10, 17:10

But it's still Latin.

On the other hand Romanian is full of words that are not even of Latin origin.

And a big part of the vocab is French, if that's not corrupt enough than I don't know what to say.

And in the case of grammar,
for example the conjugation of the subjunctive is almost the same as the one in indicative.
Only the third person remained from Latin.
While Spanish, a language that you say innovated a lot, managed to preserve the way it looked.

Zarcu Mihai

Postby Zarcu Mihai » 2013-10-11, 3:45

Levente wrote:But it's still Latin.

On the other hand Romanian is full of words that are not even of Latin origin.

And a big part of the vocab is French, if that's not corrupt enough than I don't know what to say.

And in the case of grammar,
for example the conjugation of the subjunctive is almost the same as the one in indicative.
Only the third person remained from Latin.
While Spanish, a language that you say innovated a lot, managed to preserve the way it looked.

Every Romance languages has spot of words of non-latin origin subjunctive got influenced by Balkan zone disregarding that the grammar remain 99% latin you can't form a sentence in romanian without latin construction.all the prepositions are latin idem and yes Spanish innovated in many ways but in the same time it conservators a lot for example adopting in the same way arhaic words from latin as romanian like Ponere,formosus,magis,mensa ETC.Anyway Romanian will remain archaic with original latin words and it did not even envolved from an old variant like other languages from western part.Old Romanian never existed.

Zarcu Mihai

Postby Zarcu Mihai » 2013-10-11, 19:30

I did not say that Italian is NOT latin,but it is not that old and original,it is still made up from Tuscan and other neighbouring Italian dialects.

Saim

Postby Saim » 2013-10-12, 12:28

Zarcu Mihai wrote:I did not say that Italian is NOT latin,but it is not that old and original,it is still made up from Tuscan and other neighbouring Italian dialects.

Italian basically is Tuscan. It's not a compositional standard like Standarddeutsch or euskera batúa.

Return to “Romanian (Română)”