Warning romaneste

Pauro
Warning romaneste

Postby Pauro » 2009-01-26, 21:11

Buna seara everyone!

I need some help about the grammar in warnings.
For example:
Is it incorrect (or strange) to write "nu vă aplecaţi pe ferestrele!"? Or I'd better put "ferestre" ?
How about "nu vă sprijiniţi de uşi / uşile!"? By the way, is the verb correct here? :hmm:

Looking forward to hear a trustworthy reply :waytogo:

Lietmotiv

Re: Warning romaneste

Postby Lietmotiv » 2009-01-26, 21:22

Pauro wrote:Buna seara everyone!

I need some help about the grammar in warnings.
For example:
Is it incorrect (or strange) to write "nu vă aplecaţi pe ferestrele!"? Or I'd better put "ferestre" ?
How about "nu vă sprijiniţi de uşi / uşile!"? By the way, is the verb correct here? :hmm:

Looking forward to hear a trustworthy reply :waytogo:

Welcome

Nu vă aplecaţi pe ferestre/geamuri. Ferestrele is the articulate plural form. If you wanted to use the articulate form you should have put there a demonstrative pronoun - Nu vă aplecaţi pe ferestrele acestea. However,being a rule,the noun should not be articulated,therefore this last form is out of discussion.

Nu vă sprijiniţi de uşi - Yes,the verb is correct and reflexive. I guess you also have reflexive verbs in Polish . A te sprijini de uşă involves a reflexive action, a sprijini uşa is not reflexive. You can say Sprijin uşa de zid ,meaning I uphold the door on the wall,but you can see that the meaning is totally different.

Pauro

Postby Pauro » 2009-01-26, 21:28

Multumesc for your prompt reply.
Yes, of course we have reflexive verbs; I just wasn't sure about the meaning of 'a sprijini' (I meant 'to lean against').
Could you explain the difference between 'fereastra' and 'geam'? I thought 'geam' was only a part of a window... :hmm:
Last edited by Pauro on 2009-01-26, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

Lietmotiv

Postby Lietmotiv » 2009-01-26, 21:44

To lean against ,that's true. Unfortunately my English is not that great.. I hope you understood it.
'' A sprijini'' has other meanings as well,such as ''to support''
Geam is the glass itself ,fereastra is the window . In spoken Romanian ,fereastra is often replaced by 'geam' therefore most of the people say '' Închide geamul!'' and not ''închide fereastra!''

Return to “Romanian (Română)”