Finnish Song - Could anyone help me translate it? URGENT

Moderator:Naava

clavedesol
Finnish Song - Could anyone help me translate it? URGENT

Postby clavedesol » 2020-03-12, 16:09

Hello!

Could anyone help me translate this lyrics please?

Keskellä häävalssin menon, haikeaks käy
nuorikon mieli. Jäävät rakkaat
tanhut tänne pois matkaa vie
Jäävät nyt äiti ja kotipiha, puut ja kuistilla kukat, lutit, aitat. kaikki ne tänne jättää mää saan
Nuoruuden huolettoman pois annan morsius kruunua kannan, mennyt luoksein ei palaa koskaan pois matkaa vie
Jäävät nyt äitee ja kotipiha, puut ja kuistilla kukat, lutit, aitat Kaikki ne tänne jättää mää saan
Pystynkö itse mä kodin luomaan?Yhtä länpimän hellän, päivän paisteen
Pirttihin tuomaan, pois matkaa vie.
Jäävät nyt äitee ja kotipiha, puut ja kuistille kukat, lutit, aitat. Kaikki ne tänne jättää mää saan

What comes up on Google translator is a bit of a mess I think.
I would be extremely grateful. This is for a cultural project in Lisbon. Thank you very much!

Nicodemuslang

Re: Finnish Song - Could anyone help me translate it? URGENT

Postby Nicodemuslang » 2020-03-12, 17:06

During the wedding dance, feeling wistful
the minds of the youths, the loved stay (here)
the dances take away the journey here
Now leaving mom and home yard, trees and flowers on the porch, lutit (no english translation) and fences. All them I can leave here
The easy youth I leave and a crown of a bride I wart, what went never returns, away takes the journey
Here now stay mom and home yard, trees and flowers on the porch, lutit (!) and fences, all them I can leave here
Can I myself a home create? as warm, caring, the shining of the day
To bring into the pirtti (like a large center room or just home), away takes the journey
Here now stay mom and home yard, trees and flowers on the porch, lutit (!) and fences, all them I can leave here

Very hard to translate I can say, the language is very old fashioned and unusual. You wouldn't hear speech like that in modern songs. I suppose your song is very old?

Return to “Finnish (Suomi)”