Just a place

Moderator:Naava

Asema
Just a place

Postby Asema » 2007-03-29, 17:12

A lost thought
Sometimes I like to express my thoughts. Sorry, I typed “.” occasionally. I couldn’t delete it because I forgot where the backspace key is. If I find it, I should use it more often.
Sometimes I like to express my thoughts in English. I do it so seldom because the thoughts seldom occur, but just now I got one. Er... Sorry. I lost it. Well, before I remember let’s talk about the languages.
A good way to learn a foreign language is to get association with strong emotions. Anger, disappointment... Sorry. I meant joy, pleasure and so on. For example, simple listening to a song you like makes it easy to remember new words — much more easy than reading the news story Hallitustunnustelija Vanhaselta kysymysrypäs eduskuntaryhmille on the yle.fi website. But it is true only if you have got the lyrics already, because if you have not, you won’t be able to recognize the words. (At least, I am not.)
So, recently I found two pretty song on my Finnish cassettes and tried to understand its lyrics. I hadn’t got the texts, so I didn’t hope I would be able to recognize the words, I just thought I would manage to understand it, somehow. The one of the song is Jos kyyneleet ois kultaa, and since there were words “tunnen poskillain” (feel on my cheeks, in is ni in poetry), and also “suolais...”, I assumed that somewhere there should be the word “taste” or “scent” or anything. I heard somewhat and supposed it was “suolaisscentos”. “Suolais” is standard reduced form of “suolainen” (salty), and “scentos” should be, for sure, “scent” with, perhaps, Greek ending. Ios understoodos logos. But, was then the song Finnish?
Sure, there is a Unilang with its forums, every user can put the link to the song he wants to understand to a forum, ask politely for an assistance, and he will get it. Because in every forum there are many natives that are just fond of writing down lyrics and translating texts. Except Finnish. Finns do not read their forum. A moderator does, but moderator can’t supply services for ALL of the forum users. Recently there were two moderators in the Finnish forum, now one left, if the tendency continues... I don’t even want to think what would happen. So, I think and doubt and wait for hours before I apply to the forum, and finally apply.
The emotions of absence of communications can be as strong as of communications, but not so many words can be associated with them. I won’t put these words here. If you by chance meet a Finn tell him/her there is a place where he/she can help his/her compatriot. I mean moderator.
Last edited by Asema on 2007-04-02, 13:26, edited 1 time in total.

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2007-03-29, 17:32

What is this about? :shock:

Miről van itt szó? :shock:

Mikä on tässä kyseessä? :shock:
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-03-29, 18:11

CoBB wrote:What is this about? :shock:

Mikä on tässä kyseessä? :shock:

Sorry, I forgot.

Anteeksi, olen unohtanut.

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2007-03-29, 19:17

I think I see what you're trying to say, Asema ;). But there are occationally other natives here too besides me :lol:. And some very advanced learners, of course. Not that I wouldn't welcome even more Finns to UniLang in general :).

Luulen ymmärtäväni, mitä yrität sanoa, Asema ;). Mutta onhan täällä aika ajoin muitakin natiiveja minun lisäkseni :lol:. Ja joitakin hyvin edistyneitä opiskelijoita, tietenkin. Ei silti, etten toivottaisi vielä usemampiakin suomalaisia tervetulleiksi UniLangiin yleensä :).

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-03-29, 19:43

Varislintu, how many times did you smile reading this text? (If you don't remember, read again and count.)

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2007-03-29, 21:06

Asema wrote:Varislintu, how many times did you smile reading this text? (If you don't remember, read again and count.)

I'm not sure -- I try to smile on the inside continuously because the alternative is quite unpleasant -- but I guess a few times. Still, there's no need to think I'm overloaded or anything. I do know how to cut ballast when needed ;).

En ole varma -- pyrin hymyilemään sisäisesti jatkuvasti, koska vaihtoehto on varsin epämiellyttävä -- mutta varmaankin muutaman kerran. Silti, ei ole tarvetta luulla, että olen ylityöllistetty tai jotakin. Osaan kyllä tiputtaa painolastia tarpeen tullen ;).

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-03-30, 11:01

Varislintu wrote:En ole varma -- pyrin hymyilemään sisäisesti jatkuvasti, koska vaihtoehto on varsin epämiellyttävä -- mutta varmaankin muutaman kerran.

Va? Puhukaa, olkaa hyvä, hitaammin. En puhua hyvin suomi.
Varislintu wrote:Silti, ei ole tarvetta luulla, että olen ylityöllistetty tai jotakin.

Ymmärrän. Toimitetaan ilmoituksen.
Palveluksen halutaan
Etsimme foorumillenne moderaattoria miel. Liisiä.
Työaika 0-23.59

Varislintu wrote:Osaan kyllä tiputtaa painolastia tarpeen tullen ;).

Kun tiputit, varoita minua syrjään siirtyäkseni.

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2007-03-30, 11:09

Asema wrote:Va? Puhukaa, olkaa hyvä, hitaammin. En puhu hyvin suomea.

Hehe, olipahan englanniksikin :yep:.

Hehe, it was in English too :yep:.

Asema wrote:Ymmärrän. Toimitetaan ilmoitus.
Palvelukseen halutaan
Etsimme foorumillenne moderaattoria miel. Liisiä.
Työaika 0-23.59

Mutta Liisi on jo moderaattori täällä :lol:.

But Liisi is already a moderator here :lol:.

Asema wrote:Kun tiputat, varoita minua syrjään siirtyäkseni.

En tiennytkään, että sinä asut meren pohjalla :hmm:.

I did not know you live in the bottom of the sea :hmm:.

:P

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-03-30, 17:53

Varislintu wrote:Mutta Liisi on jo moderaattori täällä :lol:.

Minusta tuntuu, että Liisi ei ole täällä, hän on poissa, mutta moderaattorin kannasta ei voi kiistellä. 8)

Onko kukaan lukenut Neil Hardwickin pakinoita? Minusta ne ovat hauskoja. Yksi niistä on <a href="http://asema.1gb.ru/00001.htm">täällä</a> - englanniksi ja suomeksi.

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-03-31, 11:05

Varislintu, piditkö tästä palstasta?

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2007-03-31, 19:29

Asema wrote:Varislintu, piditkö tästä palstasta?

Joo, kyllä se oli ihan kiva :yep:.

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-03-31, 20:02

Varislintu wrote:Joo, kyllä se oli ihan kiva :yep:.

Sitten valmistan vielä muutama ja julkaisen niitä. Ne voivat olla myös hyödyllisiä suomea ja englantiä opiskeleville. :) Luulen, ettei Hardwick luokkaantuu (ettekä te, koska eräissä niistä on eräiden Suomen erikoisuuksien kritiikki (ehkä vanhentunut)).

Varislintu

Postby Varislintu » 2007-04-01, 7:55

Asema wrote:Sitten valmistan vielä muutaman ja julkaisen niitä. Ne voivat olla myös hyödyllisiä suomea ja englantia opiskeleville. :) Luulen, ettei Hardwick luokkaannu (ettekä te, koska eräissä niistä on eräiden Suomen erikoisuuksien kritiikkiä (ehkä vanhentunutta)).

Kuulostaa jännittävältä, mutta en ihan ymmärrä, mitä aiot :).

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-04-02, 13:08

Varislintu wrote:Kuulostaa jännittävältä, mutta en ihan ymmärrä, mitä aiot :).

<a href="http://asema.1gb.ru/00002.htm">Here</a> I have put one more Hardwick's column, both in English and Finnish. It is recommended that you read it in English since it's written in English. I shall be thankful for the comments if you like or dislike this column.
Ja kiitos korjauksista! :)

Asema

Postby Asema » 2007-04-07, 7:43

Due to technical problems, all the resources that some of my messages refer to are unaccesible (including texts, sound recordings, pictures etc.) This problem is being fixed. Excuse me for inconvinience.

Return to “Finnish (Suomi)”