Česká výslovnost

エヴァルダス
Česká výslovnost

Postby エヴァルダス » 2014-02-27, 22:24

Dobrý den!

Learning any language begins with its pronunciation. I would appreciate if anyone could evaluate whether the reading of a very simple text sounds Czech and whether there are pronunciation rules that were breached. You can download the file from here:

http://uptobox.com/3ofm7qn0s211

Sadly, even if most Czech sounds correspond well to their Latvian counterparts, the unusual combination of alveolar and palatal consonants ruins everything. I had to repeat several sentences 20 or even 30 times so that my [t, d, n] are not retroflex ("Indian English" type). Please tell me if I succeeded.

הענט

Re: Česká výslovnost

Postby הענט » 2014-03-02, 18:49

Dobrý den!

I listened to your recording and you sound like a Czech-speaking German. :D

You pronounced:

restorací instead of restaurací
protěká instead of protéká
nádrží instead of nádraží
sánkuje instead of sáňkuje
částy instead of části (the Latvian ķ sound should be here)

Generally you mispronounce the ř consonant.

Other than that, great job done!!! I understood everything except for the word středu, so I had to rewind that.

Hope this helps. :)

エヴァルダス

Postby エヴァルダス » 2014-03-05, 21:14

Mockrát děkuji, Dr. House! I have been doing some research during the last days so that I sound less German :)

You pronounced:

restorací instead of restaurací

The sound actually isn’t ʽo’, but an unstressed rising-tone ʽau’, typical in Lithuanian. When I think of it, I probably do it in every other language as well, it’s just that no one has ever bothered to point that out. Děkuji za to!

הענט

Postby הענט » 2014-03-06, 10:23

Není zač. I thought it was the Lithuanian au, but I've never gotten past the : Aš ne kalbu lietuviškai. :)

Return to “Czech (Čeština)”