Kdo je z České Republiky?

wilsonsamm
Kdo je z České Republiky?

Postby wilsonsamm » 2010-11-06, 13:35

Mám dívku které líbí hudba Jaromira Nohavicy. Chtěl bych koupit ji ho cédéčko které jmenuje se Ikarus ale nemluvím českí tak dobře a obchodní website kde je ten cédéčko naustále na česky. Jak moc ho nakupovat? možná je osoba ve Českě ktery mohl by mě pomáhat s tom stavením?

I have a girlfriend who loves the music of Jaromir Nohavica. I would like to buy her his CD called Ikarus but I don't speak Czech that well and all the shopping website where this CD can be found are invariably in Czech. How can I buy it? Perhaps there is someone in the Czech Republic that could help me with this transaction?

silmeth

Re: Kdo je z České Republiky?

Postby silmeth » 2010-11-07, 0:02

First of all: Do not use google translate or any other automatic translator for translating from English to Czech (or any Slavic language)! It is unreadable! Really.

Second: As far as I see, on the official Nohavica's site, they send CDs only inside the Czech Republic (but I might be wrong), I'd suggest you searching on auction sites like eBay (however no Nohavica's disks at the moment there).
polszczyzna jest moją mową ojczystą (pl), Is í Gaelainn na Mumhan atá á foghlaim agam (ga) ((ga-M)), mám, myslím, dobrou znalost češtiny, rozumím a něco mluvím (cs), Jeg lærer meg bokmål på Duolingo (no-nb) (og eg ville lære nynorsk ein gong (no-nn))

wilsonsamm

Postby wilsonsamm » 2010-11-07, 7:21

silmeth wrote:First of all: Do not use google translate or any other automatic translator for translating from English to Czech (or any Slavic language)! It is unreadable! Really.

I wrote it myself... :oops: :roll: I know not to use those tools. I didn't know not to use Czech though.

Well thanks for those tips, I'll keep an eye out on ebay.

Hribecek

Postby Hribecek » 2010-11-23, 14:24

@wilconsamm
I think Silmeth was very harsh about your Czech message and I'd just like to say that although there were obviously a lot of grammar mistakes, I understood everything that you were trying to say easily.
There's no way a fluent Czech speaker wouldn't understand what you wrote. 90% of it is completely clear and readable. So don't let it affect your confidence. :wink:

wilsonsamm

Postby wilsonsamm » 2010-11-23, 16:13

Oh thank you! :)
Well I'm having some difficulties because I'm learning Russian in parallel and currently immersing myself in Russian.
Any way I have an apology to make as well. I was really miserable that day and I should have checked my message over to make sure I was spreading any of my poison.

Hey would you mind checking my thread below about the computer? to see if my Czech is bad there too :?:

Anyway, the thing with the CD I've sorted out, I asked my Silesian friend :-)

wilsonsamm

Postby wilsonsamm » 2010-11-23, 16:18

I spotted some of my mistakes too, for example líbí needs a "se" in the first sentence, I'm fairly sure

But I'm not going to deal with that just now, lest it affect my Russian :darn:

silmeth

Postby silmeth » 2010-11-25, 18:30

Well, I must say, I understood your Czech too, but I really thought like it was automatic translator, which used correct words, but in incorrect grammar forms. And because I hate reading automatic-translated posts on any forums, I overreacted. But if it was really your own writing, then, good, keep trying ;-).

And my corrections (there can be mistakes too, I'm not native):
Mám dívku které se líbí hudba Jaromíra Nohavicy. Chtěl bych koupit jí jeho cédéčko které jménuje se Ikarus ale nemluvím česky tak dobře a obchodní website kde je to cédéčko je jen/pouze česky. Jak můžu/mohu je koupit? možná je osoba v Česku, která mohla by mi pomoct s tom objednáváním?

"stavení" is "building" (I found however translation "ordering" on slovnik.cz, but I believe my printed Czech-Polish dictionary more).
polszczyzna jest moją mową ojczystą (pl), Is í Gaelainn na Mumhan atá á foghlaim agam (ga) ((ga-M)), mám, myslím, dobrou znalost češtiny, rozumím a něco mluvím (cs), Jeg lærer meg bokmål på Duolingo (no-nb) (og eg ville lære nynorsk ein gong (no-nn))

Hribecek

Postby Hribecek » 2010-11-29, 14:29

@wilsonsamm
Sorry I took so long to reply to your question about your počitač thread.
Yes, your Czech was better in that thread and your mistakes were small and not worth me correcting when you're focused on Russian.
Good luck with your studies of both. I too am a Slavic language junkie!

johnklepac

Postby johnklepac » 2012-12-06, 2:37

(squeal) I actually understood a lot of that! I'm not trying to be patronizing; I've just been learning Czech on and off for a few months and, with a bunch of AP classes and college applications on my plate (I'm in high school), I have to frantically search for time for Czech and relish any glimmers of success with it.

Vala

Postby Vala » 2013-09-25, 17:08

silmeth wrote:Well, I must say, I understood your Czech too, but I really thought like it was automatic translator, which used correct words, but in incorrect grammar forms. And because I hate reading automatic-translated posts on any forums, I overreacted. But if it was really your own writing, then, good, keep trying ;-).

And my corrections (there can be mistakes too, I'm not native):
Mám dívku které se líbí hudba Jaromíra Nohavicy. Chtěl bych koupit jí jeho cédéčko které jmenuje se Ikarus ale nemluvím česky tak dobře a obchodní website kde je to cédéčko je jen/pouze česky. Jak můžu/mohu je koupit? možná je osoba v Česku, která mohla by mi pomoct s tom objednáváním?

"stavení" is "building" (I found however translation "ordering" on slovnik.cz, but I believe my printed Czech-Polish dictionary more).

Although is this post a bit old, here is correction of silmeth correction:

Mám dívku, které se líbí hudba Jaromíra Nohavici. Chtěl bych jí koupit jeho cédéčko, které se jmenuje* Ikarus, ale nemluvím česky tak dobře a obchodní website kde to cédéčko je, je jen česky. Jak ho* mohu koupit ? Možná by mi někdo z České republiky mohl pomoct s objednáním.

Red letter and words with * - corrected grammar mistakes.
blue words - corrected syntax

jméno (noun) - name is written with é
jmenovat se (verb) - to name is written with e
Native language: Czech
Fluent: Slovak, English, Serbian, German
Very Good: Croatian, Bosnian
A Little: Spanish
Learning: Estonian

Return to “Czech (Čeština)”