Politician Bust-up

luap

Politician Bust-up

Postby luap » 2006-05-28, 1:01

Dobre Veče, (Čestina/Hrvatska :? )

Hi people, I do not want to cause offence here but could any one possibly give me an idea of what is said here to understand more why this happened - I belive it was something to do with a comment about someones wife.

Here is the link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txy3F8G8b90&search=

Cheers, Paul

hreru

Postby hreru » 2006-05-28, 8:50

What was said here:

Dovolte, než začnu moderovat, vyřídit si jednu zcela soukromou věc, děkuji.
Before I start moderating, please let me settle one private matter, thank you.
Pan ministr byl předem varován, varoval jsem ho tiskem, je to moje ryze soukromá záležitost; zaslouží si to.
Minister has been warned in advance via press, this is purely my private matter; he deserves it.
Pane doktore, tady to vyřizovat nebudem. Vy jste mě napadl zbaběle zezadu - proč jste se mi nepostavil jako chlap čelem? Vy jste zbabělec!
Let`s not settle it up here. You attacked me as a coward from behind - why didn`t you face me, as a proper man would do? You`re a coward!

Rath (the man who`s been slapped) had told about Macek in an interview that he`s married his wife for money only, and he went on commenting something like "But I wish it on him, people are various, someone cares about emotions, someone`s simply interested in money."
Now Rath claims this was no private matter at all, but a political attack of ODS (Civic Democratic Party) to ČSSD (Social Democratic Party); while Macek calls it strictly private matter. ODS disavowed Macek`s action, he`s been even suggested to consider his future stay in the party.
ČSSD has meanwhile put up billboards with a short rhyme:
ODS a Macek/dají Vám pár facek
(ODS and Macek/will slap you in your face).
Election will place here soon, that is to say. I`ve never thought about this fighting scene about it that way, but now it strikes me: wouldn`t such an alternative -physical- pre-election fight be more likeable than those eternal debates? :P

luap

Postby luap » 2006-05-28, 17:35

Thankyou for that :D

Return to “Czech (Čeština)”