Translation of immigration paperwork

Moderator:voron

txmmj
Translation of immigration paperwork

Postby txmmj » 2020-07-05, 19:29

Hi guys,

I have some of what I believe to be immigration documents from my great grandparents. I think it’s in Polish and Russian. If anyone has the time, I’d really like to know what it says!

Thank you!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fruchtenstein

Re: Translation of immigration paperwork

Postby Fruchtenstein » 2020-07-06, 8:01

The handwriting is rather hard to read. Here's what I can deduce from it. I wrote the personal names in English transcription. City names are left in Polish. BTW, Pinsk is in Belorussia now. Birthdate is given only for Yitzko, son of Movshe. And I'm not 100% sure in the spelling of the names, sorry. The last column, age, probably refers to Movshe's wife.

Extract from the book of records of the commoners of the Israelite community of the city of Lubieszów. Year 1914, number 205.

Order number: 205

First name, patronym and last name of male persons: Kirpichnikov Movshe and sons: 1. Yitzko

Year, month and date of birth according to birth certificate: born in 1900, 25 February

Female members of family: Movshe's wife Gitla

Age by the 1 January, 1914: 40

The extract conforms to the original record in the book of the magistrate of Pińsk city. Given on request of Movshe Kirpichnikov (registered on) 10 May 1023. Issued on 12 May 1923. (signatures of the mayor and the administrator)
To be presented in the Consulate of the Polish Republic in New York
Native: Russian Fluent: Am.English Learning: French, Latin
Book reviews in Russian
Fruchtenstein on Strava

txmmj

Re: Translation of immigration paperwork

Postby txmmj » 2020-07-13, 0:01

Fruchtenstein wrote:The handwriting is rather hard to read. Here's what I can deduce from it. I wrote the personal names in English transcription. City names are left in Polish. BTW, Pinsk is in Belorussia now. Birthdate is given only for Yitzko, son of Movshe. And I'm not 100% sure in the spelling of the names, sorry. The last column, age, probably refers to Movshe's wife.

Extract from the book of records of the commoners of the Israelite community of the city of Lubieszów. Year 1914, number 205.

Order number: 205

First name, patronym and last name of male persons: Kirpichnikov Movshe and sons: 1. Yitzko

Year, month and date of birth according to birth certificate: born in 1900, 25 February

Female members of family: Movshe's wife Gitla

Age by the 1 January, 1914: 40

The extract conforms to the original record in the book of the magistrate of Pińsk city. Given on request of Movshe Kirpichnikov (registered on) 10 May 1023. Issued on 12 May 1923. (signatures of the mayor and the administrator)
To be presented in the Consulate of the Polish Republic in New York

Thank you so much!

Return to “Russian (Русский)”