Russian term for "bell mouth spillway"

Moderator: voron

Posts: 41
Joined: 2010-06-26, 22:39
Real Name: Jessica Metaneira
Gender: female
Country: IE Ireland (Éire / Ireland)

Russian term for "bell mouth spillway"

Postby wolverine » 2018-07-10, 20:55

Context: I was talking about phobias and general nopey things with a friend earlier, and couldn't figure how to say "bell mouth spillway" in Russian. Google Translate tells me the term is водосброс, but that seems to just mean any type of spillway or water outlet.
'You're so cold, but you feel alive
Lay your hands on me, one last time'
- Breaking Benjamin

Posts: 17
Joined: 2019-01-05, 15:51
Real Name: Dimitri

Re: Russian term for "bell mouth spillway"

Postby Fruchtenstein » 2019-01-05, 19:30

Never heard or read this term before, but I believe that the technical term is "шахтный водосброс". See illustration here: ... brosov.php
Native: Russian Fluent: Am.English Learning: French, German, Latin
Book reviews in Russian
Fruchtenstein on Strava

Return to “Russian (Русский)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest