Russian discussion group.

Moderator: voron

kubik

Re: Russian discussion group.

Postby kubik » 2017-12-19, 16:21

vijayjohn wrote:Я хочу написать что-нибудь* здесь, но я не знаю, что написать.

В Рэддите, каждую неделю есть подсказки для написания сочинений** на русском языке. Подсказки*** достаточно трудные. Часто я не знаю, что я бы ответил, даже если бы подсказка была по-английски!
* Слово "что-то" подразумевает, что говорящий знает, что он имеет в виду, когда он говорит "что-то". "Что-то" - это как бы "something" с определённым артиклем.
** "Подсказки для написания сочинений" звучит, как будто речь идёт о "writing tips", а не "writing prompts". Наверное, можно сказать "каждую неделю предлагают темы для сочинений" или "каждую неделю предлагают написать сочинение на определённую тему", но это тоже не совсем про "writing prompts". Хм. :hmm:
*** Тире между подлежащим и сказуемым ставится, если они оба выражены инфинитивами или существительными в именительном падеже или одно выражено инфинитивом, а другое существительным в именительном падеже. В данном случае слово "трудные" - сказуемое, выраженное прилагательным.

Ты можешь привести пример темы, на которую в Reddit-е предлагают написать сочинение? Мне интересно. :)

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-01-27, 21:32

kubik wrote:Ты можешь привести пример темы, на которую в Reddit-е предлагают написать сочинение? Мне интересно. :)

Да, вот пример ))

И спасибо большое!

AlanF_US

Postby AlanF_US » 2018-02-22, 14:00

I'm having trouble with the last line in this excerpt from Кошкин Дом:

Коза (козлу тихо):
Слушай, дурень, перестань
Есть хозяйскую герань!

Козёл (тихо):
Ты попробуй. Очень вкусно.
Точно лист жуёшь капустный.

I understand that it means something like this:

Точно как капустный лист жуёшь.

I also understand that word order is more free in Russian than in English. What I don't understand is how the syntax in the original can be that free. Specifically, I have trouble seeing how a conjugated adjective (as opposed to an unconjugated adverb-like adjective) can be so far away from the noun. Is it common for an adjective to be neither immediately before nor immediately after a noun?

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-02-22, 15:27

AlanF_US wrote: Is it common for an adjective to be neither immediately before nor immediately after a noun?

It's common in poetry.

Specifically, I have trouble seeing how a conjugated adjective (as opposed to an unconjugated adverb-like adjective) can be so far away from the noun.

Actually, it being conjugated simplifies seeing the connection between the adjective and the noun it modifies (since they are both in the same case), thus giving more freedom to separate them.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2018-03-03, 3:12

This question comes from my brother, whom I sent a birthday card to in Russian. One of the lines is: "Пусть будешь ты счастливей всех!" and he wants to know why the adjective appears to be in the feminine form given that the front of the card says "Моему брату"
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2018-03-03, 12:44

linguoboy wrote:This question comes from my brother, whom I sent a birthday card to in Russian. One of the lines is: "Пусть будешь ты счастливей всех!" and he wants to know why the adjective appears to be in the feminine form given that the front of the card says "Моему брату"

It literally means "Let you be happier than all", and the adjective is in the comparative form (which doesn't distinguish gender).

Return to “Russian (Русский)”