How do you sound in Russian?

Moderator:voron

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2007-03-31, 17:21

Lada wrote:
Axiom wrote:I was talking just about appearance. This is funny indeed :lol: But I usually don't follow the politics so I can hardly remember what did this or that polititian say...

Well, I don't really follow as well, but it's just impossible to miss :lol:

And about appearance....I'll never foreget about gossips in our University that Putin was going to visit us (that was right on 1st April, but we belived, because teachers told us about that :lol: And they said: don't tell anyone that we ve told you about that, it's a secret :lol: ) Some girls from my group joked that we should hide in man WC and wait for him :mrgreen: what a man, what a man :lol:
In reality I saw Education Minister (such a disguasting man) and Putin's wife came in our Uni on week-end. Big photos of this woman are seen everywhere :roll:

Well, for me it's possible to miss everything :lol:

Hehe, our teachers never told us any jokes at school as I remember, and I don't know about uni because this 1st April is Sunday. Where did you study btw? I know Putin has been to our university because I can see pictures in many places.

Omg... I can hardly remember a name of our Education Minister now :roll: I've seen only Luzhkov in reality, it was when I attended the Kremlin cup(tennis) :lol:

Lada

Postby Lada » 2007-03-31, 17:53

Axiom wrote:Where did you study btw?

I studied in this shitty place called Academy for some obscure reasons:?
http://www.muh.ru/
BUT
when you type the СГА in google, it gives you another sites, like:
http://antimuh.ru/
На нашем сайте Вы можете абсолютно бесплатно скачать такие материалы как, обычный и шпоргалочный вопрос-ответ по алфавиту к тестам и экзаменам по системе 5+ и системе ELS, вопрос-ответ к АСТ, ответы к ИКТ по составлению логических схем на системе Интегратор и обычные логические схемы для домашних заданий, домашние работы, юниты, ключи к тестам, сами тесты в виде вариантов, ответы на экзамены и экзаменационные билеты, ответы к ГОС экзаменам, отчеты по практике, рефераты, курсовые, дипломные, шпоргалки, зачеты к различным контрольным тренингам и многое другое...

:lol:
самый отстой, что там есть все для всех факультетов кроме лингвистики:cry: :lol:

Omg... I can hardly remember a name of our Education Minister now :roll: I've seen only Luzhkov in reality, it was when I attended the Kremlin cup(tennis) :lol:

I saw previous minister, so he isn't worth to mention any more :lol:

Wow, you r damn lucky to visit Kremlin Cup, I bet you play tennis? :wink:

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2007-03-31, 20:11

Lada wrote:
Axiom wrote:Where did you study btw?

I studied in this shitty place called Academy for some obscure reasons:?
http://www.muh.ru/

I didn't know this place :oops:

BUT
when you type the СГА in google, it gives you another sites, like:
http://antimuh.ru/
На нашем сайте Вы можете абсолютно бесплатно скачать такие материалы как, обычный и шпоргалочный вопрос-ответ по алфавиту к тестам и экзаменам по системе 5+ и системе ELS, вопрос-ответ к АСТ, ответы к ИКТ по составлению логических схем на системе Интегратор и обычные логические схемы для домашних заданий, домашние работы, юниты, ключи к тестам, сами тесты в виде вариантов, ответы на экзамены и экзаменационные билеты, ответы к ГОС экзаменам, отчеты по практике, рефераты, курсовые, дипломные, шпоргалки, зачеты к различным контрольным тренингам и многое другое...

:lol:
самый отстой, что там есть все для всех факультетов кроме лингвистики:cry: :lol:

Видимо, лингвистика для них слишком сложна (и вообще, они даже "шпаргалку" через "а" написать не могут!) :lol:

I saw previous minister, so he isn't worth to mention any more :lol:

Wow, you r damn lucky to visit Kremlin Cup, I bet you play tennis? :wink:

No, I don't play tennis :P I'd really like to try playing, but no time now... I'm just enjoy watching it (but unfortunately it's shown on TV soooo rarely in Russia!) :D

Wildfire

Postby Wildfire » 2007-04-01, 13:32

C'mon, Putin seems to be very "cuddly" when he uses slang, or when he puts down someone or vice versa
<...>

да, меня прикалывают изречения Путина. =)

"Планируем расширять сотрудничество с Украиной, если она не будет тырить у нас газ"

"СССР не мог оккупировать в 1941 году страны Балтии, потому что в 1939 году они уже вошли в состав СССР. Я не очень хорошо учился в университете, потому что пил много пива, но кое-что я помню - у нас были хорошие преподаватели"

"Если вы говорите, что система ПРО не направлена против нас, то и наше новое оружие не направлено против вас"

ИМХО те, кто живёт не в России, такого юмора не поймут

aye I like Putin's quotes =)

"We're going to expand cooperation with Ukraine... unless they continue filching our gas"

"USSR couldn't occupy Baltic states in 1941 as they joined USSR in 1939. I didn't do well with my studies at university as I drank much beer, yet I remember something - our teachers were skilled"

"If you say that US NMD isn't intended against us, then our new rockets aren't intended against you"

IMHO non-Russians won't understand such kind of humour

Nukalurk

Postby Nukalurk » 2007-04-01, 15:44

Wildfire, really? I find it indeed funny, though I also have a special kind of humour not many understand. :lol:

Wildfire

Postby Wildfire » 2007-04-01, 16:33

Тогда поздравляю. =) Только избранные могут понять нелогичный русский юмор.

но возможно, это был всего лишь очередной стереотип

Grats then =) on being able to understand irrational Russian humour.

or maybe that was just another stereotype about ppl living outwards Russia

Axystos

Postby Axystos » 2008-01-26, 18:13

nettchelobek1 wrote:Well, inspired by other fora I decided to start this thread and let the native speakers tell us how well/bad is our pronunciation. :idea:

Let me start.

http://media.putfile.com/Russian-pronunciation

In reply, fireyez wrote:Ok i'll post my comments in this thread and then moderators can sort these threads out if they feel it's necessary.

@nettchelobek1

very good indeed! My congratz. Everything is really clear. You just screwed up with the stress in a couple of words and i couldn't understand only one short word because you blended it with the next one.

i guess the thing that gives you off you're a foreigner is palatalization. You can pronounce platalized consonants alright. The problem is that you sometimes pronounce them hard where they should be soft, and soft when they should be hard. But that's not really a problem.

Ok here's the detailed description why you didn't sound native. But like i said your accent is good enough.

Машина your ШЫ sounds a bit too soft, it should be harder. In “марок машин” you pronounced it perfect.
На рынке предлагается - ok
Множество – ж should be harder
Марок the stress should be on the first syllable. The way you read it sounded like “Market offers a lot of troubles, not brands”.
Машин – excellent.
Большинство из них - из них. Not из НЫХ, and your большинство sounded more like большинзво.
одинаковы. Sound a was a bit long, which gave it a bit Estonian accent.
Приобретая автомобиль – л автомобиль should be soft.
нужно иметь – your т in is not palatalized. Make it soft.
ввиду его стоимость I couldn’t hear the ending in стоимость. –ть was missing.
стоимость топлива – you pronounced стоимость too fast so the sounds didn’t sound clear. Топлива was ok
хххх техническое – didn’t really get the xxxx word, was it “его”? Техническое – т should be soft, х was overpronounced, ending e was missing
обслуживание – you had two stresses, there should be only one – обслУживание.
Налогов, страховок и так – perfect.
Далее – ending e was missing.
быстро - sounded like визтра
теряют свою стоимость – very good but the intonation was a bit robot like.
Лучше всего покупать машину – neat
стандартной комплекции – are you sure it was комплекции ? we usually say комплектации when we talk about cars. Anyway in комплекции the ending should be ЦЫИ not ЦЫЫ
и классического цвета – good
Особое sounded like озовое
Внимание – good
Рекомендуется sounded like рекоминдаЮца. It should be рекаминдУеца.
обратить на колеса. Колёса sounded something like кольйоса.
Native: Nederlands; C2: Deutsch; C1: English;
B1: русский, français, 日本語;
A2: norsk, svenska; A1: português, italiano, español, čeština, polski

-heidi-

Postby -heidi- » 2008-01-26, 18:46

hey!

would be cool if you could also listen to my recording http://media.putfile.com/aaiy :) i know that there's still a long way to go for me in order to sound acceptable in russian, but feedback from you natives is always helpful!!!

Заранее спасибо!!!

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2008-01-26, 20:27

Omg, it's Tolstoy, if i'm not mistaken :evil:
Well..i'm afraid i can't give you a "normal" feedback; i even couldn't finish listening to your recording, because something is wrong with my connection and it takes ages to load the page.
But from what i heard i got an impression that you are trying too hard and it prevents you from sounding natural, it's rather like a text reading machine.

Here are some mistakes i've noticed:
-i'm not sure, but "слив" sounds like "шлиз" to me. It's just [сл'иф].
- remember, that we don't pronounce the unstressed vowels clearly. It's not хотела, but хатела, "сачла"
- not нухал, but нЮхал, the н is soft
- нравились - the c is soft. The same mistake with "кто-нибудь"
- схватил, not схватил
- Ваня покраснел

As i've said before, i can't listen the recording up to the end, so i'll let somebody else comment the other part.
you're an evil mushroom (c)Almar

-heidi-

Postby -heidi- » 2008-01-26, 20:32

thx for your comment! hm, the quality is quite bad, i didn't say шлиз, but you're right, it sounds like that.

and yes, it's tolstoy :) actually, i like tolstoy :)

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2008-01-27, 16:42

@heidi

OMG! :lol: “И все засмеялись, а Ваня заплакал.” :lol: That’s been my catch sentence since I was a kid. Those words keep always popping up in my head whenever I have an embarrassing moment, but it’s not the point. The point is ive listened to your voiceclip a couple of times and I don’t really have anything to add to what Axiom said.

Well in the end of the story some words were misstressed. .

Но не в том беда, беда в том что (Беда the stress should be on a)
Если кто не умеет их есть и проглотит косточку. (“Проглотит” – the stress is on second O because the verb is used in Future Tense (third person singular)

Well good job! 8) Your speech is pretty clear, as you see we commented only on things like stress, it's not really a big problem, the quality of the sounds is more important i guess and you had good quality sounds. :lol: No im not kiddning they were nice :wink:

P.S. I heard ШЛИФ in the very beginning. :mrgreen:

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2008-01-27, 19:34

@heidi

I like your intonation, it's even more Russian than mine. With some more practising, you could read stories for children on Russian radio. :)

Here's my recording: http://media.putfile.com/hobbit-37

Your comments on my accent are appreciated. :)

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2008-01-28, 8:15

My two kopecks. Well, that was native. Two words sounded off to me though. Внутрь I guess you didn’t palatalize р enough so it sounded like внутр. And ч in крючёчки seemed too hard I guess, sounded like крючочки. Those two slips are enough to give you a “Панаехавший” label here. :lol: Kidding :wink: .

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2008-01-28, 9:00

Панаехавший n' proud! :D

I didn't actually realise I have any regional accent until I got to meet Moscovite guys who could immediately identify me as a Belarusian. Puzzled, I made some recordings and I did hear peculiarities in my Р, Ч, palatalised Д and Т, i.e. all those typical Belarusian features. No wonder, at home and with friends I often switch to a 'kolkhoznik' code, with those features harshened together with a fricative Г and some popular Belarusian vocabulary.

As for your recordings, Lada and Axiom sound really sophisticated to me like coming straight from the TV. And fireyez's one is indeed 'nouveau riche'-like, is there a correlation between E-burg and crimson-jacketed bull-necked golden-chained finger-unfolded guys?

Lada

Postby Lada » 2008-01-28, 11:29

voron wrote:As for your recordings, Lada and Axiom sound really sophisticated to me like coming straight from the TV.

Hm.... do you mean accent or manner of speaking? probably this is just "Moskali speakin" :lol:

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2008-01-28, 16:47

Lada wrote:
voron wrote:As for your recordings, Lada and Axiom sound really sophisticated to me like coming straight from the TV.

Hm.... do you mean accent or manner of speaking? probably this is just "Moskali speakin" :lol:

Yeah, and it is the best 8)
you're an evil mushroom (c)Almar

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Postby voron » 2008-01-29, 8:46

Lada wrote:

I mean the accent. It seems like you pronounce sounds more distinctly.

Babelfish

Postby Babelfish » 2008-03-28, 15:37

OK, here goes...
Now that I think of it I should've said "акцента" but I'm too lazy to fix it now :P

Volume doesn't seem too good... Oh well. It's supposed to be "Привет всем. Меня зовут Babelfish. Это пример моего ужасного акцент(а) по-русски. Спасибо."

fireyez

Postby fireyez » 2008-04-07, 16:10

Чё, микрофон купил, да? :mrgreen:

Честно говоря, я разочарован. Я ожидал услышать какие-то экзотические арабские нечленораздельные звуки, а запись оказалась вполне четкой и понятной, поэтому текст можно было и не писать.

Тем ни менее, мои придирки:

Привет всем – “п” – слишком aspirated; остальное хорошо, “ве”, “се” – палатализация на 5 баллов. 8)

Меня зовут Бэйбэлфиш – со звуками все в порядке, а вот интонация подвела, - немного похоже на робота или инопланетянина – у тебя в этом предложении все три слова получились под ударением.

Это пример моего ужасного акцента по-русски.
Ты прав, там должно было быть “акцента”.

Спасибо – вторая буква с у тебя какая-то странноватая, больше похоже на th в слове think

А вообще, молодца! :woohoo:

Babelfish

Postby Babelfish » 2008-04-09, 14:26

Спаθибо :P Я почувствовал, что будет намного хуже... Записал эти предложения несколько раз, отдельно, пока не понравилась мне запись и пока перепутывал слова; поэтому, может быть, странная интонация.

Извиняюсь за скучные звуки :lol: По-арабски у меня отличительное произношение, но такие звуки не используются по-русски.

Return to “Russian (Русский)”