guide me to learn russian

Moderator:voron

hanjo55
guide me to learn russian

Postby hanjo55 » 2006-09-19, 2:16

hi all,

i new here and i would like to learn russian. i see there are a number of sites teaching russian online. my request is can somebody guide me on how do i start learning this language. i don't mind being treated like a kindergarten kid if that's what needed to learn. should i learn the words first or should i start knowing the alphabets?

btw, how do you type those russian words here?

thank you

pozharnik

Postby pozharnik » 2006-09-19, 2:20

Learn the alphabet first. Russian offically doesnt use the latin alphabet, so its crutial. (It bugs me when people transliterate... hehe)

I set a russian keyboard in my settings. There are java aplets that do it too.
- Не всё то золото, что блестит.
- Am fear, is fhaide chaidh bho'n bhaile, Chual e'n ceòl bu mhilse leis nuair thill e dhachaidh.

Vipilefti

Postby Vipilefti » 2006-09-19, 2:23

As for typing Russian, you can go into Control Panel - Regional & Language Settings, enable Russian input. You'll have to learn a new keyboard layout though. Or you could use translit.ru to type Russian phonetically (though actual Russians know how to type without using this.)

hanjo55

Postby hanjo55 » 2006-09-19, 2:24

pozharnik wrote:I set a russian keyboard in my settings. There are java aplets that do it too.

can you show me the way?

pozharnik

Postby pozharnik » 2006-09-19, 2:45

Vipilefti wrote:As for typing Russian, you can go into Control Panel - Regional & Language Settings, enable Russian input. You'll have to learn a new keyboard layout though. Or you could use translit.ru to type Russian phonetically (though actual Russians know how to type without using this.)

Thats the best way if you have windows.
- Не всё то золото, что блестит.

- Am fear, is fhaide chaidh bho'n bhaile, Chual e'n ceòl bu mhilse leis nuair thill e dhachaidh.

Return to “Russian (Русский)”