Cyrillic handwriting

Moderator: voron

Brenda

Cyrillic handwriting

Postby Brenda » 2006-07-06, 20:35

I was just wondering how you write the Cyrillic letters by hand. I mean, I have only seen them in print or in the Internet and seem pretty difficult to hand-write quickly.
So, first, I want to ask whether you have some sort of different characters to use when handwriting (as the cursiva letters used in the Latin or Greek scripts).
Then, maybe someone can upload a scan of a handwritten text in Cyrillic so that we can see how it looks. If you have already done this before, please, tell me where that thread is.

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2006-07-06, 20:58

I think we had a topic in General Discussions :roll: The title was "Handwritings" , maybe you can find there cyrillic letters :wink:

CoBB

Postby CoBB » 2006-07-06, 21:11

From my book with nice pictures:

A könyvemből szép képekkel:

http://users.hszk.bme.hu/~pg429/misc/cyr1.png
http://users.hszk.bme.hu/~pg429/misc/cyr2.png
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

darkina

Postby darkina » 2006-07-08, 9:35

Although... even if we are taught to make the cursive t as something that looks like our m, I've always seen teachers doing it as a t anyway, until I started to do it too... I still don't know how good it is to do that, and to what degree real Russians tend to do it...

When I have time I'll post a sample of Russian non-native handwriting :D It doesn't definitely look like a real Russian's but I've never had problems with it...

Real Russian handwritings are usually so hard to decipher :shock:
век живи, век учись, а дураком помрешь

Pleasures remain, so does the pain

Nukalurk

Postby Nukalurk » 2006-07-08, 11:13

When writing Latin letters, I also don't use the standard cursive script but an own mix of adapted printed and cursive letters. Eveyone has an own style to write. ;)

bodhisatva

Postby bodhisatva » 2006-07-09, 12:41

CoBB wrote:From my book with nice pictures:

A könyvemből szép képekkel:

http://users.hszk.bme.hu/~pg429/misc/cyr1.png
http://users.hszk.bme.hu/~pg429/misc/cyr2.png

My daughter was taught in that way in the first grade. As I can recall I was taught a little bit different style of cursive in school.

nettchelobek1

Postby nettchelobek1 » 2006-07-10, 6:44

Although... even if we are taught to make the cursive t as something that looks like our m, I've always seen teachers doing it as a t anyway, until I started to do it too... I still don't know how good it is to do that, and to what degree real Russians tend to do it...

I agree totally with you, I've seen my teacher doing it all the time, I don't have this habit though, but it's something usual, I think. As for my handwriting, I find it confusing and "knoted", even my teacher can't manage to understand it, I'm the only one who can identify clearly my handwriting, but I'll try to make it look better, because someday I'll take an official exam and I'll need my handwriting to be understood. :roll:
"From relativity ... one obtains an unequivocal proof for the view of philosophers who, like Parmenides, Kant, and the modern idealists, deny the objectivity of change as an illusion or appearance due to our special mode of perception" Gödel.

Return to “Russian (Русский)”