spoken Russian

Moderator: voron

Bahho

spoken Russian

Postby Bahho » 2006-04-26, 10:17

Hi guys!

I've found a site which contains some stories and also their sound files.
It's grammer is not that hard. when I read it I can almost understand everything. But When I listen to the sound file.. :S
It's really hard to understand.. They're absorbing almost all the sounds..:)and connect the words.. so I can hardly understand.
I was wondering if it's really that hard when the Russians speak in everyday speech. Of course the people speak like that but for example on Tv in news. do the hosts speak that unclear?
here is the link I found..
http://www.learning-russian.gramota.ru/ ... ussian.htm

bodhisatva

Postby bodhisatva » 2006-04-26, 13:50

I speak faster and more unclear. :D

Zorba

Re: spoken Russian

Postby Zorba » 2006-04-29, 17:55

Like any language, with Russian it is more difficult to get used to the spoken language than the written language. When I began learning, the thing I found most difficult was stress - without stressing the correct syllable you will not be understood. Vowels that are not stressed become reduced, so 'я' becomes more like 'е' and, most confusingly, 'o' becomes 'а'.

Another confusing thing is that stress can also be mobile, so дЕло = matter, thing but делA = matters, things.

The speakers are speaking slightly slower and clearer than normal pace.

My advice is listen-listen-listen and go to Russia as much as possible. Actually, understanding spoken Russian is something you can get used to quite quickly. It isn't spoken as fast as the Romance languages and the rhythms and intonations patterns in a sentence are more like English. Also sentences are much simpler and the language is less 'wordy' than others. По крайней мере, я так и думаю.

Все. Удачи Вам!

Bahho wrote:Hi guys!

I've found a site which contains some stories and also their sound files.
It's grammer is not that hard. when I read it I can almost understand everything. But When I listen to the sound file.. :S
It's really hard to understand.. They're absorbing almost all the sounds..:)and connect the words.. so I can hardly understand.
I was wondering if it's really that hard when the Russians speak in everyday speech. Of course the people speak like that but for example on Tv in news. do the hosts speak that unclear?
here is the link I found..
http://www.learning-russian.gramota.ru/ ... ussian.htm

Paul K.

Postby Paul K. » 2006-04-29, 18:56

Bahho wrote:I was wondering if it's really that hard when the Russians speak in everyday speech.
Well, I've listened to it a little. Yes, that does look more or less like everyday speech. But one thing which sounds a bit unnatural to me is the intonation: if I happened to hear it somewhere I'd SURELY guess it's some play or a lesson, but not like a dialog in the street or smth like that. It's little artificial, так сказать. Но в целом — очень даже ничё.

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2006-05-05, 13:31

I've also listened to the part of this file, and I can say that it's quite clear for Russian everyday speech. Of course, the TV and radio dictors speak more clear (but faster), but most of russians speak much faster and absorb the sounds more. For example, we say not "здравствуйте", but something like "здрасьт'":)

Lada

Postby Lada » 2006-05-05, 18:55

Axiom wrote:we say not "здравствуйте", but something like "здрасьт'":)

who are "we"? I always say здравствуйте, especially by phone and especially to clients, I pronounce this word VERY clear. 8)

аксиом - вы аткуды будити, товарисч? :lol:

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2006-05-05, 19:25

Lada wrote:
Axiom wrote:we say not "здравствуйте", but something like "здрасьт'":)

who are "we"? I always say здравствуйте, especially by phone and especially to clients, I pronounce this word VERY clear. 8)

аксиом - вы аткуды будити, товарисч? :lol:

Most of russians when they are meeting each other on the steet, for example :) Of course, I didn't mean talking to clients. When speaking on the phone, I try to pronounce it clear, too. To say the truth, I prefer saying "добрый день" or "привет" :wink:

я уж скорее товарка :p

Paul K.

Postby Paul K. » 2006-05-05, 19:53

Только сейчас я понял, что слова "товарка" — это не производное от "товар", а женская форма слова "товарищ"... Oт же ж...

Lada

Postby Lada » 2006-05-05, 20:05

Axiom wrote:Most of russians when they are meeting each other on the steet, for example :) Of course, I didn't mean talking to clients. When speaking on the phone, I try to pronounce it clear, too. To say the truth, I prefer saying "добрый день" or "привет" :wink:

"Привет" клиенту? Ну, ты дала товарка :lol:

Кстати, если уж фамильярничать, то будет что-то вроде "здрасьте", для меня это звучит как-то простовато, по-деревенски, стараюсь не употреблять. 8)

Paul K.

Postby Paul K. » 2006-05-05, 21:03

Lada wrote:"Привет" клиенту?
Надо "превед" говорить...

CoBB

Re: spoken Russian

Postby CoBB » 2006-05-05, 21:19

Bahho wrote:It's really hard to understand.. They're absorbing almost all the sounds..:)and connect the words.. so I can hardly understand.

It's interesting, I feel the opposite. I think they are speaking very slowly and pronounce everything clearly, at least on the page you linked. I can understand most of it even if I don't read along.

Érdekes, én az ellenkezőjét érzem. Szerintem nagyon lassan beszélnek és mindent tisztán kiejtenek, legalábbis az általad linkelt oldalon. Akkor is értem nagy részét, ha közben nem olvasom.
Tanulni, tanulni, tanulni!

A pő, ha engemély, kimár / De mindegegy, ha vildagár... / ...mert engemély mindet bagul, / Mint vélgaban a bégahur!...

Axiom

Postby Axiom » 2006-05-06, 6:45

Lada wrote:
Axiom wrote:Most of russians when they are meeting each other on the steet, for example :) Of course, I didn't mean talking to clients. When speaking on the phone, I try to pronounce it clear, too. To say the truth, I prefer saying "добрый день" or "привет" :wink:

"Привет" клиенту? Ну, ты дала товарка :lol:

Кстати, если уж фамильярничать, то будет что-то вроде "здрасьте", для меня это звучит как-то простовато, по-деревенски, стараюсь не употреблять. 8)

Ну вот я и говорю, что стараюсь говорить что-нибудь другое вместо этого неприятного слова.
А с клиентами мне пока говорить не приходится, так что можно и "приветом" обойтись ;)

bodhisatva

Postby bodhisatva » 2006-05-06, 7:11

Paul K. wrote:
Bahho wrote:I was wondering if it's really that hard when the Russians speak in everyday speech.
Well, I've listened to it a little. Yes, that does look more or less like everyday speech. But one thing which sounds a bit unnatural to me is the intonation:

Hmm, Агата's intonation sounds quite natural for me, as if she haven't had a man for ages. ;)

Return to “Russian (Русский)”