Why are you interested in Portuguese?

Moderator:Luís

subquadam
Re: Why are you interested in Portuguese?

Postby subquadam » 2018-09-19, 5:13

Being honestly, I guess I've never asked through my whole life that question before... I would rather go with "St. Augustin" and confess that I can't remember. But it's indeed sweet to theorize it: I don't feel that I thought to "need" to learn Portuguese in order to achieve anything, this materialistic approach doesn't seem me plausible, so it was perhaps for curiosity? A sort of natural and immediate response to stimulus? Something I brought from a past-life and learning it was like the remembrace of Plato's Republic that I would have much time later?

I would raise a different question: when you first fell that your effort to learn portuguese definitely worth the effort?
The curious is that I can't answer that either, once I don't remember for sure how much effort it actually took.

Ciarán12

Postby Ciarán12 » 2018-09-19, 7:28

subquadam wrote:I would raise a different question: when you first fell that your effort to learn portuguese definitely worth the effort?

About a year ago when I first realised that I had been talking to my wife for 10 minutes in Portuguese and we hadn't needed to switch to English yet.

subquadam

Postby subquadam » 2018-09-20, 23:50

Ciarán12 wrote:
subquadam wrote:I would raise a different question: when you first fell that your effort to learn portuguese definitely worth the effort?

About a year ago when I first realised that I had been talking to my wife for 10 minutes in Portuguese and we hadn't needed to switch to English yet.

ohh, how cute (que bonitinho!) :wink:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2019-01-24, 7:52

I don't think I ever had a moment when I felt like it paid off per se. I just learn languages for fun. I have talked to some people who speak Brazilian Portuguese, though (mostly, but not all, native speakers). I kind of wish I could use European Portuguese more.

Return to “Portuguese (Português)”