European portuguese learning sites?

Moderator: Luís

|-|[|=

European portuguese learning sites?

Postby |-|[|= » 2011-09-26, 1:44

I want to learn European Portuguese, but I have not been able to find any free sites that go beyond beginner. I currently have absolutely no experience with the language, but I want to at least try to become somewhere near fluent (if that is possible). Anybody know of the kind of thing I'm looking for?

sergiolopes

Re: European portuguese learning sites?

Postby sergiolopes » 2011-09-26, 16:28

I want to learn European Portuguese, but I have not been able to find any free sites that go beyond beginner.

I'm unaware of any good sites to do so (which doesn't mean they don't exist). Have you considered books?

I currently have absolutely no experience with the language, but I want to at least try to become somewhere near fluent (if that is possible)

Of course it is. It'll all depend on you. :)
"Books permit us to voyage through time, to tap the wisdom of our ancestors."

Native speaker of Portuguese, who's fluent in English, intermediate in Spanish and has some passive knowledge of French. My passion is Greek, which I study along with Dutch. I dream of one day being fluent in Icelandic.

|-|[|=

Postby |-|[|= » 2011-09-28, 2:00

I was able to find a few websites, it's just weird learning a language in a self- directed way because I'm used to learning at school.

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2011-09-28, 14:41

There used to be a very good website by a professor at the University of Glasgow (Mike Harland) called De Tudo Um Pouco, but it doesn't seem to be available anymore... :(
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Osias

Postby Osias » 2011-09-28, 15:56

|-|[|= wrote:I was able to find a few websites, it's just weird learning a language in a self- directed way because I'm used to learning at school.
I believe "learning to leanr by yourself" will be more valuable for you, in your life, than portuguese itself. So, welcome to the world of self-taugths!

I also suggest you to try to pratice what you learn, after a while, on foruns, twitter, etc from people from Portugal.
2017 est l'année du (fr) et de l'(de) pour moi. Parle avec moi en eux, s'il te plait.

Rivaldo

Postby Rivaldo » 2011-11-30, 16:38

I suggest you looking for a book at uz-translations.net

Once you are having difficult to find a material, I suggest also to not be restricted to European Portuguese; the other kinds of the language are very similar, you can learn another one and later switch to Portugal's accent with ease.

Return to “Portuguese (Português)”