Easy reader-books in Portuguese

Moderator: Luís

allende

Easy reader-books in Portuguese

Postby allende » 2006-08-21, 19:25

Hi! I´m looking for "easy reader"-types of books for foreigners trying to learn Portuguese, i e small novels with text that are not to complicated. There are a lot of such in English, Spanish, German etc so I guess there has to be such in Portuguse. But I can´t find any. Does anyone know?

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2006-09-13, 11:42

You can try Instituto Camões' short stories here. You can find several texts by well-known Portuguese authors of different periods. It's even possible to hear the text spoken and then answer some comprehension questions. Clicking on difficult words will display their definition.

You can also try their virtual stories and short texts (mostly taken from magazines, newspapers, etc.)
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2006-09-17, 21:13

Well, this is a question about a different kind of book, but I figured I could just use this thread instead of cluttering the forum with another one.

I'm looking for a grammar exersize book (and/or online exercises) (for Brazilian Portuguese). I've looked around and have yet to find something which looks good. I'd like something that explains some of the grammar and gives opportunites to put it into practice, with answers available of course. (Similar to the "Practice Makes Perfect" series, if you know that. I don't think they make Practice Makes Perfect Portuguese though :( ) I'd actually prefer something written entirely in Portuguese (because of my Spanish, I can understand written Portuguese well enough with the small help of a dictionary, but as for output in the language....not so good yet), such as along the lines of a Portuguese for Foreigners. Also books in Spanish, English or French would be fine since I speak those languages.

I'd love to hear recomendations from you and also suggestions for online booksellers in Portuguese (i.e. a Brazilian version of Amazon.com type of site...)

Thanks so much for your advice!

Robert

Rob P

Postby Rob P » 2006-09-18, 1:09

Here are a few books I've found online, but I don't know how good they are. If you know any of them and could recommend or suggest others that would be great :)

Grammaire active du portugais - Fátima Carvalho Lopes
Le portugais de A à Z - M.H. Araujocarreira
Gramática portuguesa espasa - varios autores

Luís
Forum Administrator

Postby Luís » 2006-09-18, 7:40

The first two are for European Portuguese. The last one I never heard of, but since Espasa is a Spanish publisher, chances are it's for EP as well.
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

Rick13

Re: Easy reader-books in Portuguese

Postby Rick13 » 2015-05-05, 2:32

Do you know "Português Agora" series? It's a new collection of easy reading in portuguese. Look in Amazon the first title:

http://www.amazon.com/Viagem-centro-Ter ... gues+agora

Look this:

The “Português Agora” series brings to readers all over the world books adapted to an easier reading experience that allows Portuguese students to gradually improve their skills.
The books are divided by grade according to the number of words and grammar demands, so you can choose the option that fits your needs and progress level by level.
We put effort and love to this work so that you can enjoy all the benefits that learning a new language can bring you.

Happy reading!

Return to “Portuguese (Português)”