Dutch Translation Game

Moderator:Aurinĭa

Multiturquoise
Language Forum Moderator
Dutch Translation Game

Postby Multiturquoise » 2013-07-26, 16:49

I decided to create the Dutch version of this game.
The rules of the game: The next person will post the Dutch translation of the previous English sentence, and he will write an English sentence to be translated into Dutch ;)

I don't want to go to a kindergarten.
Last edited by Multiturquoise on 2013-07-27, 9:07, edited 1 time in total.
native: (tr)
advanced: (en) (el)
intermediate: (fr) (ka)
focus: (de) (sl) (hr)

Plaas

Re: Dutch Translation Game

Postby Plaas » 2013-07-27, 7:36

En wat zijn de regels van dit spel?
- Plaas' vermannen

Voorzichtig weerom.

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2013-07-27, 9:42

Je moet de zin in het Nederlands vertalen en een nieuwe zin geven.
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2013-08-08, 22:38

Ik wil niet naar een kleuterschool.

Okay, forgive me but I'd like to raise the level a bit...

"I'm sure you'd be intrigued by Mathew's sensational interpretation of 19th century sociolinguistics of the working class in semi urbanised areas around the language border in Belgium."
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

Almachtigheid

Postby Almachtigheid » 2013-08-09, 11:30

Leviwosc wrote:Ik wil niet naar een kleuterschool.

Okay, forgive me but I'd like to raise the level a bit...

"I'm sure you'd be intrigued by Mathew's sensational interpretation of 19th century sociolinguistics of the working class in semi urbanised areas around the language border in Belgium."

Dude...

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk

Postby Hoogstwaarschijnlijk » 2013-08-09, 17:27

Leviwosc wrote:"I'm sure you'd be intrigued by Mathew's sensational interpretation of 19th century sociolinguistics of the working class in semi urbanised areas around the language border in Belgium."

Ik ben er zeker van dat je de sensationele interpretatie van de negentiende-eeuwse sociolinguïstiek van de arbeidersklasse in half verstedelijkte gebieden rond de taalgrens in België interessant zou vinden.

Like many anthems, the Wilhelmus originated in the nation's struggle to achieve independence.
Native: Dutch
Learns: Latin and French
Knows also (a bit): English, German, Turkish, Danish

Corrections appreciated.

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2013-08-10, 19:26

Hoogstwaarschijnlijk: You didn't include Mathew in your translation. :wink:

Zoals zoveel volksliederen is het Wilhelmus ontstaan door de strijd van de natie om onafhankelijkheid.

Based on the years of psychological research, this book shows how self-control is the most important factor in achieving what you want - and how you can discover the power in willpower.
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

Grytolle

Postby Grytolle » 2013-08-16, 23:56

Leviwosc wrote:Based on the years of psychological research, this book shows how self-control is the most important factor in achieving what you want - and how you can discover the power in willpower.
Op basis van jaren van psychologisch onderzoek wordt er in dit boek aangetoond waarom zelfbeheersing de belangrijkste factor is om je doelstellingen te bereiken - en hoe je de kracht in de wilskracht kunt ontdekken.

The composition of capital will change if wages, measured in terms of values—quantities of abstract labor measured in some unit of time—changes.

Saim

Postby Saim » 2013-09-20, 14:24

Grytolle wrote:The composition of capital will change if wages, measured in terms of values—quantities of abstract labor measured in some unit of time—changes.

De samenstelling kapitaal zal veranderen als lonen, afgemeten in termen van waarden—hoeveelheiden van abstracte arbeid afgemeten in sommige eenheid van tijd—veranderen.

In werkelijkheid, ik heb geen idee overwat gaat jou tekst. En ik heb zeker veel fouten gemaakt. :lol:

Yiddish declined as a vehicle for secular culture after a large proportion of speakers were killed in the Holocaust and the non-orthodox survivors assimilated into Hebrew, English or Russian-speaking societies.

Muisje

Postby Muisje » 2013-11-01, 11:02

Saim wrote:De samenstelling van kapitaal zal veranderen als lonen, gemeten in termen van waarden—hoeveelheden van abstracte arbeid afgemeten in een bepaalde tijdseenheid—veranderen.

In werkelijkheid heb ikgeen idee waar jouw tekst over gaat. En ik heb zeker veel fouten gemaakt. :lol:
Ik moet zeggen, ik heb ook geen flauw idee waar de tekst over gaat xD Kunnen we het een beetje meer leerder-toegankelijk houden, jongens..?

Saim wrote:Yiddish declined as a vehicle for secular culture after a large proportion of speakers were killed in the Holocaust and the non-orthodox survivors assimilated into Hebrew, English or Russian-speaking societies.

Het gebruik van Jiddisch in de seculiere cultuur nam af, toen een groot deel van de sprekers omkwam in de Holocaust en de niet-orthodoxe overlevenden opgingen in Hebreeuws-, Engels- en Russischtalige samenlevingen. (...weet iemand een goeie vertaling voor 'vehicle'? :para: )

“A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.”
you either lose your fear
or spend your life
with one foot in the grave
over the rhine - spark

Grytolle

Postby Grytolle » 2013-11-01, 11:49

Muisje wrote:“A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language.”

"Een dichter is bovenal een persoon die hartstochtelijk op talen verliefd is."

Insert the installation disc into the CD or DVD drive of your computer. If the Setup program does not automatically start, change to your CD or DVD drive, and then run the Setup program.

Plaas

Postby Plaas » 2013-11-01, 11:52

Een dichter is, meer dan wat dan ook, iemand die hartstochtelijk verliefd is op taal.

Das war ein Vorspiel nur, dort wo man Bücher
Verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen.
- Plaas' vermannen

Voorzichtig weerom.

Ники

Postby Ники » 2013-11-02, 14:41

Grytolle wrote:Insert the installation disc into the CD or DVD drive of your computer. If the Setup program does not automatically start, change to your CD or DVD drive, and then run the Setup program.

Plaats de installatieschijf in het cd- of dvd-station van uw computer. Als de installatie niet automatisch start, ga dan naar het cd- of dvd-sation en start het setup-programma.

Plaas wrote:Das war ein Vorspiel nur, dort wo man Bücher
Verbrennt, verbrennt man auch am Ende Menschen.

Dat was slechts een voorspel. Daar waar men boeken verbrandt, verbrandt men uiteindelijk ook mensen.

In case of flood, proceed uphill. In case of flash flood, proceed uphill quickly.

Weerwolf

Postby Weerwolf » 2014-01-12, 16:32

Ники wrote:In case of flood, proceed uphill. In case of flash flood, proceed uphill quickly.

In geval van overstroming ga bergop. In geval van stortvloed ga sneller bergop.

Piet hoodwinked his colleagues by calling in sick, while he was actually watching a movie with his date.
In het middelpunt staan: [flag=]nl[/flag] [flag=]nl-BE[/flag] [flag=]af[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag][flag=]hr[/flag] [flag=]sr[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]pl[/flag]
Heel hartelijk bedankt voor elke hulp!
Ich bin für jede Verbesserung dankbar.

Минден кездет нехез.

Heimwee

Postby Heimwee » 2014-01-14, 20:28

Just a suggestion, (please excuse me for interrupting the game) but maybe there could be a beginning level and an advanced level of this game? I think a lot of beginners would like to play along, but these sentences are too hard to translate. :?:
Please correct any mistakes I make, as I really want to be able to speak fluent Dutch.
By the way, I like the word heimwee.

Weerwolf

Postby Weerwolf » 2014-01-14, 20:55

Heimwee wrote:Just a suggestion, (please excuse me for interrupting the game) but maybe there could be a beginning level and an advanced level of this game? I think a lot of beginners would like to play along, but these sentences are too hard to translate. :?:

Although I am not the one who started this topic, but I'll give my two cents. It must be hard at your stage to cope with Dutch - I went through it too - but you should see the potential of wrestle with texts that are hard to translate. Don't worry about making mistakes, as you certainly will gain profit of it. Sentences are corrected by native speakers, so you can learn from them. In that way you can also make quick progress in your learning. For these reasons I wouldn't create a thread for beginners.
In het middelpunt staan: [flag=]nl[/flag] [flag=]nl-BE[/flag] [flag=]af[/flag] [flag=]de[/flag][flag=]hr[/flag] [flag=]sr[/flag] [flag=]ru[/flag] [flag=]pl[/flag]

Минден кездет нехез.

Heimwee

Postby Heimwee » 2014-01-14, 21:20

Weerwolf, you make a very good point. I suppose you can't learn very much without pushing yourself and making some (or many :D) mistakes along the way!

I'll give it my best shot.. :oops:

Weerwolf wrote:Piet hoodwinked his colleagues by calling in sick, while he was actually watching a movie with his date.

Piet heeft zijn collega's misleiden door ziekmelden, terwijl hij eigenlijk een film aan het kijken was met zijn vrienden.

If you really want to do something, don't be afraid of looking stupid - Just do it!
Please correct any mistakes I make, as I really want to be able to speak fluent Dutch.
By the way, I like the word heimwee.

Weerwolf

Postby Weerwolf » 2014-01-15, 15:43

Heimwee wrote:Piet heeft zijn collega's misleiden door ziekmelden, terwijl hij eigenlijk een film aan het kijken was met zijn vrienden.

Mijn poging: Piet heeft zijn collega’s in de maling genomen door zich ziek te melden, terwijl hij eigenlijk een film aan het kijken was met zijn vriendinnetje.
Is dit correct?

If you really want to do something, don't be afraid of looking stupid - Just do it!

Als je iets echt wilt doen, wees niet bang om stom over te komen – doe het gewoon!

First Lady Michelle Obama said that she isn't ruling out future use of plastic surgery or Botox.

Минден кездет нехез.

Plaas

Postby Plaas » 2014-01-15, 21:13

First Lady Michelle Obama zegt toekomstig gebruik van plastische chirurgie of botox niet uit te sluiten.

Un Chinois nommé Xain, ayant voyagé en Europe dans sa jeunesse, retourna à la Chine à l’âge de trente ans, et, devenu mandarin, rencontra dans Pékin un ami qui était entré dans l’ordre des Jésuites.
- Plaas' vermannen

Voorzichtig weerom.

Weerwolf

Postby Weerwolf » 2014-01-16, 21:36

Plaas wrote:Un Chinois nommé Xain, ayant voyagé en Europe dans sa jeunesse, retourna à la Chine à l’âge de trente ans, et, devenu mandarin, rencontra dans Pékin un ami qui était entré dans l’ordre des Jésuites.

Aangezien ik geen Frans spreek, moest ik gebruik maken van GT.

Een Chinees genaamd Xain reisde in zijn jeugd naar Europa, keerde als dertig jaar oud naar China terug, en werd Mandarijn, ontmoette in Peking een vriend die een lid van de jezuïtenorde was.

Ночью город, облитый луной похож на спящую рыбу.

Минден кездет нехез.

Return to “Dutch (Nederlands)”