Stressed/Unstressed

Moderator:Aurinĭa

Wishful Learner
Stressed/Unstressed

Postby Wishful Learner » 2010-09-18, 13:52

Another question:

How do I know when to use the stressed form (eg: jij) or the unstressed form (je) when using pronouns? When I'm practicing in my book, I'm always confused when it's says that I'm using the wrong form of the pronoun.

Dank u. :)
Native | Pas mal, nicht schlecht, no es malo | mi piace | Het is goed, niet waar? | わかりません | 我 是 英国人。| שלום, נעים מאוד | Quero...

Pawb at y peth y bo

dorenda

Re: Stressed/Unstressed

Postby dorenda » 2010-09-18, 15:07

Is this of any help to you or is that as much as you know and do you need more explanations? In that case, maybe you can show us some of the sentences where you used the wrong pronoun, so we can explain why you have to use the other one.
But as they write on this page I linked to, determining when a pronoun has to be stressed is a skill that can only be acquired by experience. :)
нехай мій гаманець порожній
моя дорога невідома
я стану вільним, подорожнім
найголовніше вийти з дому

Wishful Learner

Re: Stressed/Unstressed

Postby Wishful Learner » 2010-09-18, 16:00

dorenda wrote:Is this of any help to you or is that as much as you know and do you need more explanations? In that case, maybe you can show us some of the sentences where you used the wrong pronoun, so we can explain why you have to use the other one.
But as they write on this page I linked to, determining when a pronoun has to be stressed is a skill that can only be acquired by experience. :)

That's great. Thanks.
Native | Pas mal, nicht schlecht, no es malo | mi piace | Het is goed, niet waar? | わかりません | 我 是 英国人。| שלום, נעים מאוד | Quero...

Pawb at y peth y bo

Return to “Dutch (Nederlands)”