I want to learn Dutch...

Moderator:Aurinĭa

janz
I want to learn Dutch...

Postby janz » 2010-04-21, 18:30

Hi, I am looking for a textbook of Dutch for self-study with CD...Could you recommend me any from Amazon?thanks
I like Canada. (Please, you correct my mistakes ||| Korrigieren Sie,bitte, meine Fehlern)

janz

Re: I want to learn Dutch...

Postby janz » 2010-05-06, 16:25

I like Canada. (Please, you correct my mistakes ||| Korrigieren Sie,bitte, meine Fehlern)

Leviwosc

Postby Leviwosc » 2010-05-06, 16:49

To be honest I'm not very familiar with these study methods. It might be a good course, but it depends on your way of studying as well of course. If you're comfortable with studying a language from a book with a compact disc, well then this course might be a good purchase.

You might like a course like: Colloquial Dutch more, since these courses are somehow more extensive. But it's more expensive as well of course.

Colloquial Dutch, by B.C. Donaldson: http://www.amazon.com/Colloquial-Dutch- ... 959&sr=1-1
Image Image | Image Image Image Image | Image Image Image

linguaholic

Postby linguaholic » 2010-05-06, 16:58

I used the "Help!" series when I started learning Dutch and found them to be very useful, but I took an intensive course and can't say how good they are for self-studying.
native: Deutsch / advanced: English, Nederlands / intermediate: Esperanto / forgotten: Français / fighting my way through: עברית מקראית / dreaming of: Čeština, עברית / admiring from a safe distance: فارسی

janz

Postby janz » 2010-05-06, 17:32

Leviwosc wrote:To be honest I'm not very familiar with these study methods. It might be a good course, but it depends on your way of studying as well of course. If you're comfortable with studying a language from a book with a compact disc, well then this course might be a good purchase.

You might like a course like: Colloquial Dutch more, since these courses are somehow more extensive. But it's more expensive as well of course.

Colloquial Dutch, by B.C. Donaldson: http://www.amazon.com/Colloquial-Dutch- ... 959&sr=1-1

...and don't you know whether the price $38 is for the textbook and CDs or only for the textbook?

dorenda

Postby dorenda » 2010-05-06, 20:23

In the description, it says, "This pack contains the paperback and audio material, recorded by natve speakers." So I suppose CDs are included in the price.
нехай мій гаманець порожній
моя дорога невідома
я стану вільним, подорожнім
найголовніше вийти з дому

Return to “Dutch (Nederlands)”