Translation game - version

Moderator:JackFrost

plengfruit
Re: Translation game - version

Postby plengfruit » 2017-12-07, 20:18

We have discovered that your ancestors had arrived in the United States one hundred years ago.

Moi aussi, j'ai été touché par le Malin. Un tatouage sur l'épaule gauche. Mais quand j'ai vu la face de Dieu, j'ai été transformé. Je me suis coupé le bras tout entier.
Image Image Image Image Image

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2017-12-09, 21:26

I have too been touched by the Devil. A tattoo on the left shoulder. But when I saw God's face, I was transformed. I cut my whole arm.

Attention à ne pas trop accélerer dans les doubles croches, sinon la section cuivre ne suivra pas.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-01-11, 7:38

Be careful not to play the sixteenth notes too fast or the horn section won't follow. :?:

Elle parlait en arabe et en français en même temps.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-01-21, 8:27

She was speaking Arabic and French at the same time.

Sans drap, la couverture gratte.
(fr) Native - (en) Fluentish - (pt) Fluentish when I was younger - (hu) Can sustain a conversation with a patient and kind magyar or order some beer and lecsó in Budapest - (it) On Duolingo ma posso ordinare uno Spritz ed antipasti in un ristorante :blush:

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2018-04-17, 3:12

Without a sheet, the blanket makes you itch.

The kind of gnomic intransitive represented by "gratte" is tricky to translate into English, and English's methods for describing itchiness don't help. I ended up adding a dummy object, but the translation still sounds kind of awkward.

La qualité brute de ces esquisses montre l'ambition de l'artiste comme jeune homme.
N'hésite pas à corriger mes erreurs.

plengfruit

Postby plengfruit » 2018-04-23, 8:21

The raw quality of these sketches shows the artist's ambition as a young man.

Il aura fallu à peune une semaine aux limiers de la police judiciaire de Nantes pour retrouver le reliquaire du cœur d’Anne de Bretagne et coffrer deux hommes impliqués dans le vol de cet objet à la valeur inestimable.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2018-05-06, 17:59

It'll have taken the Nantes police detectives barely a week to recover the reliquary of Anne of Brittany's heart and lock up two men implicated in the theft of this priceless object.

On répète souvent l'idée reçue que les petits barrages sont plus écolo que les grands, mais, si mal conçu, un barrage de n'importe quelle taille peut gravement nuire à l'environnement.

plengfruit

Postby plengfruit » 2018-05-06, 19:59

It has been often told that small dams are more environmentally friendly than the big ones, but no matter the dam's size they can seriously harm the environment, if badly designed.

Si tu me vois à ma fenêtre, dis-toi que je vais peut-être sauter. Mais ça va, c'est pas grave, t'inquiète; malheureusement j'habite au rez-de-chaussé.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2018-05-08, 5:24

If you see me at my window, say to yourself that I might jump. But it's okay; it's no problem; don't worry; unfortunately, I live on the ground floor.

Il y a dix ans, mon oncle a déménagé dans une cabane isolée au fond des bois au cas où il arriverait une apocalypse zombie.

plengfruit

Postby plengfruit » 2018-05-08, 9:10

Ten years ago my uncle moved in an isolated shack in the middle of the woods in case the zombie apocalypse happens.

Lorsqu’ils veulent condamner un suspect, les Occidentaux l’accusent de toutes sortes de crimes jusqu’à ce qu’ils se trouvent en situation de prononcer la sentence.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2018-09-03, 14:45

When they want to condemn a suspect, Westerners accuse them of all kinds of crimes until they find themselves in a position to be sentenced.

Il faut étudier la question, mais à priori votre proposition me semble très intéressante.

france-eesti
Language Forum Moderator

Postby france-eesti » 2018-09-14, 11:36

We'll need to have a look at the question, but it seems to me your proposition is very interesting.

Anaïs s’assoit, un sourire béat aux lèvres, et n’a curieusement pas envie de prendre son alto pour recommencer à travailler.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-02-17, 21:50

Anaïs sits down, a blissful smile on her lips, and curiously doesn't feel like taking her viola to go back to work. :?:

Je viens d'écouter une chanson albanaise.

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2022-02-18, 17:44

I just listened to an Albanian song.

Parfois, quand je grimpe sur le toit de notre petite maison pour surveiller le golfe, je crois voir le navire de papa, bien que ce soit impossible.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-02-18, 20:38

Sometimes, when I climb onto the roof of our little house to watch the gulf, I think I see Dad's ship, even though it's impossible.

A bas le projet colonialiste qui s'appelle la Françafrique, vive l'Algérie, va te faire foutre et donne-nous plus d'argent !

Dormouse559
Language Forum Moderator

Postby Dormouse559 » 2022-02-22, 0:45

Down with the colonialist project known as Françafrique, long live Algeria, go fuck yourself and give us money!

Parmi tous les gâteaux, Georges en a particulièrement noté un, que la pâtissière avait décoré de meringues en forme de coquilles Saint-Jacques.

vijayjohn
Language Forum Moderator

Postby vijayjohn » 2022-02-22, 1:48

Among all the cakes, Georges particularly noticed one that the pastrymaker had decorated with scallop-shaped meringues.
Dormouse559 wrote:Down with the colonialist project known as Françafrique, long live Algeria, go fuck yourself and give us more money!

Nous sommes en février mais il fait chaud et il nous faut allumer le climatiseur.

Return to “French (Français)”