Way to remember verb endings/conjugaison meanings

Moderator:JackFrost

matt4
Way to remember verb endings/conjugaison meanings

Postby matt4 » 2015-07-14, 21:42

Bonjour,

I've just started a frenh course with the Institut Francais.
I'm struggling to find ways of memorising verb endings. Including the meaning. I have epliepsy so can struggle with my memory due to medication but it's insane. I've been trying to remember them for ages to no avail!

Any techniques I could use to help me memorise these? They are incredibly important.

Thank you,

linguoboy

Re: Way to remember verb endings/conjugaison meanings

Postby linguoboy » 2015-07-15, 17:36

matt4 wrote:I'm struggling to find ways of memorising verb endings. Including the meaning. I have epliepsy so can struggle with my memory due to medication but it's insane. I've been trying to remember them for ages to no avail!

How are you approaching the task of memorising them? Just sitting down with a conjugation table and attempting to learn it by rote is probably the single worst way of going about this. It's better to learn them in context, such as by singing along to song lyrics or reading. Have you tried this? What about a programme like Duolingo that attempts to mimic an immersive learning process?
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Return to “French (Français)”