hebrew keyboard?

caleteu
hebrew keyboard?

Postby caleteu » 2018-03-24, 9:03

Can anybody recommend a good app for a Hebrew keyboard for an Android tablet? or would I better off with a Windows tablet?
Caleteu

Jannet

Re: hebrew keyboard?

Postby Jannet » 2018-03-24, 15:24

I have an Android, with an Hebrew keyboard. We are trying to figure how we added it.

Update: Via settings we go to Language and input, then select Google Keyboard, then go to languages, and then you can choose the input methods of your choice.

Once activated, it is super easy to switch between input methods while typing.

caleteu

Postby caleteu » 2018-03-24, 15:48

Jannet wrote:I have an Android, with an Hebrew keyboard. We are trying to figure how we added it.

Update: Via settings we go to Language and input, then select Google Keyboard, then go to languages, and then you can choose the input methods of your choice.

Once activated, it is super easy to switch between input methods while typing.

Thank you!!!
The tablet I am interested in has Hebrew (you go to Settings/Language/add new language. Then you scroll down to the very end (after all the languages with Latin alphabets) to the languages that have different scripts to עברית and click on that. The problem is that everything is then in Hebrew, even the apps and settings.
But how do you switch between input methods?

księżycowy

Postby księżycowy » 2018-03-24, 15:57

I tend to use GBoard (Google's android keyboard), once downloaded it's basically the same process to set it up as the standard keyboard for Hebrew.

I don't see much advantage in one keyboard or another (phone's default keyboard or Gboard) for Hebrew, but it's nice for other languages.

Jannet

Postby Jannet » 2018-03-24, 15:59

After selecting Language and input, it looks like you selected 'Language', But you need to select Google Keyboard first, and only then go to 'languages'. Then on my screen you can select 'active input methods'.

caleteu

Postby caleteu » 2018-03-27, 12:45

Jannet wrote:After selecting Language and input, it looks like you selected 'Language', But you need to select Google Keyboard first, and only then go to 'languages'. Then on my screen you can select 'active input methods'.

thank you! It works! That saved me quite a bit of stress.
Yours, Caleteu

Jannet

Postby Jannet » 2018-03-27, 18:09

Great!

caleteu

Postby caleteu » 2018-04-01, 5:07

If your tablet doesn't support Hebrew, does GBoard add it automatically or do you have to download it? At the moment I'm using my husband's and would like a new one, but there are very few in my price range that support Hebrew.
Caleteu

caleteu

Postby caleteu » 2018-04-03, 16:41

caleteu wrote:If your tablet doesn't support Hebrew, does GBoard add it automatically or do you have to download it? At the moment I'm using my husband's and would like a new one, but there are very few in my price range that support Hebrew.Caleteu

Ok, it's easier than I thought! Apparently Android does support Hebrew, even it doesn't list it as an Input language. I found it on my phone under Keyboard/Various languages. Then you can switch back and forth without any trouble.
Caleteu

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”