What are the best websites to buy books in (modern) Hebrew on-line?

IpseDixit
What are the best websites to buy books in (modern) Hebrew on-line?

Postby IpseDixit » 2017-05-17, 12:37

Amazon seems to be virtually devoid of Hebrew books (if we exclude religious stuff) and I have no idea where else to look for. Any suggestions?

Drink

Re: What are the best websites to buy books in (modern) Hebrew on-line?

Postby Drink » 2017-05-17, 22:30

Try https://www.booknet.co.il/, if you feel comfortable ordering things in Hebrew.

But even on Amazon there are some Modern Hebrew books. If you browse books and select Hebrew in the language filters, they are mostly religious books, but there are also a good number of children's books and a few translated novels.
שתה וגם גמליך אשקה

IpseDixit

Postby IpseDixit » 2017-05-19, 14:41

Hey thanks! Do you know any websites which are also in English? (I know, it's weird that I want a book in Hebrew if I can't even buy it on a Hebrew website but I like having books in foreign languages in my library, moreover I hope that in this way I'll be more motivated to keep up my studies of Hebrew).

caleteu

Postby caleteu » 2017-05-30, 5:29

IpseDixit wrote:Hey thanks! Do you know any websites which are also in English? (I know, it's weird that I want a book in Hebrew if I can't even buy it on a Hebrew website but I like having books in foreign languages in my library, moreover I hope that in this way I'll be more motivated to keep up my studies of Hebrew).

You can often find things on Ebay.com And Oh yes! I have the same problem. My Hebrew isn't that good but occasionally I want something other than my grammar book.
Yours, cambron

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”