księżyc - עברית

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13150
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-17, 22:50

The idea of a Hebrew study group (whether for Biblical, Modern, or both) has been floated elsewhere. Anyone interested?

(I'm putting this here for lack of a better place.)

n8an
Posts: 598
Joined: 2010-09-01, 6:56
Gender: male
Location: Melbourne
Country: AU Australia (Australia)

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby n8an » 2018-06-18, 2:52

księżycowy wrote:The idea of a Hebrew study group (whether for Biblical, Modern, or both) has been floated elsewhere. Anyone interested?

(I'm putting this here for lack of a better place.)


מאה אחוז :D

User avatar
Luís
Forum Administrator
Posts: 7781
Joined: 2002-07-12, 22:44
Location: Lisboa
Country: PT Portugal (Portugal)

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby Luís » 2018-06-18, 21:06

Yes, obviously.

(I don't really care about Biblical Hebrew, though)
Quot linguas calles, tot homines vales

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13150
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-18, 21:21

Hence why I put the link in your TAC. :P

(I don't really care about Biblical Hebrew, though)

Good to know.

n8an
Posts: 598
Joined: 2010-09-01, 6:56
Gender: male
Location: Melbourne
Country: AU Australia (Australia)

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby n8an » 2018-06-20, 12:54

נו, מה קורה עם הקבוצה? מתי מתחילים? עני בעד :D

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13150
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-20, 14:00

Yeah sorry. I'm, I'm thinking of two groups. One for Biblical and one for Modern.

Who's interested in which?
And what resources would we like to use?

n8an
Posts: 598
Joined: 2010-09-01, 6:56
Gender: male
Location: Melbourne
Country: AU Australia (Australia)

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby n8an » 2018-06-20, 14:26

księżycowy wrote:Yeah sorry. I'm, I'm thinking of two groups. One for Biblical and one for Modern.

Who's interested in which?
And what resources would we like to use?


בלי לחץ – אין צורך להתנצל :)

For me, only Modern Hebrew. I haven't given Biblical Hebrew a thought since I was a little kid :oops:

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13150
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-20, 14:30

Hence my splitting it into two groups. :wink:

What resource(s) would you like to see the Modern Hebrew group use?

n8an
Posts: 598
Joined: 2010-09-01, 6:56
Gender: male
Location: Melbourne
Country: AU Australia (Australia)

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby n8an » 2018-06-20, 14:38

księżycowy wrote:Hence my splitting it into two groups. :wink:

What resource(s) would you like to see the Modern Hebrew group use?


:D

Hmm. To be honest - having learned Hebrew from a young age, I don't know what resources even exist. I would be happy to help with whatever I can, of course.

I'd quite like to participate in a group like this for confidence and proficiency purposes. I haven't really spoken Hebrew for about 6 years, and I'm acutely aware of how I now make mistakes when expressing myself. I've become too self conscious to speak Hebrew with my friends now because I know they're judging my current level based on how well I used to speak. I think a group like this would take the pressure off and allow me to speak/write with less hesitation.

User avatar
księżycowy
Posts: 13150
Joined: 2006-09-13, 23:51
Real Name: Paweł
Country: US United States (United States)
Contact:

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby księżycowy » 2018-06-20, 14:46

I figured you'd say something like that. :P

My suggestion is the Routledge Introductory Course in Modern Hebrew by Etzion, but I am definitely open to other suggestions.

For Biblical my suggestions are:
Biblical Hebrew: Text and Workbook by Kittel, et al.
Introduction to Biblical Hebrew by Lambdin
-or-
Biblical Hebrew: An Introductory Grammar by Kelley

n8an
Posts: 598
Joined: 2010-09-01, 6:56
Gender: male
Location: Melbourne
Country: AU Australia (Australia)

Re: księżyc - עברית

Postby n8an » 2018-06-20, 15:34

księżycowy wrote:I figured you'd say something like that. :P

My suggestion is the Routledge Introductory Course in Modern Hebrew by Etzion, but I am definitely open to other suggestions.

For Biblical my suggestions are:
Biblical Hebrew: Text and Workbook by Kittel, et al.
Introduction to Biblical Hebrew by Lambdin
-or-
Biblical Hebrew: An Introductory Grammar by Kelley


You're starting to get to know me a little too well if you can predict my statements :P :silly:

That sounds good to me. I've had a brief look at that book, and it looks pretty nice.


Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest