Podcasts with transcription

Spaceboy
Podcasts with transcription

Postby Spaceboy » 2013-05-28, 11:09

I have managed to find a couple of podcasts and lectures in Hebrew covering some interesting topics, but I feel that I would benefit more from them as study material if there were some sort of transcription or subtitles available. Are there any podcasts or other recorded material in modern Hebrew with transcription available anywhere on the web? Anything but sports or economics would do.

How do people even find any good material above beginner levels for studying Hebrew? (Okay, maybe others have more discipline than me when it comes to this :oops: )

tapuz

Re: Podcasts with transcription

Postby tapuz » 2013-05-29, 19:15

How about watching Israeli television? There's plenty of online content in nana10 and mako, and most of the material is subtitled. I've learnt great deal of Hebrew just by watching plenty of Israeli television shows. It's entertaining and you sometimes learn even more this way than by listening to podcast because you can connect the words to the action happening on the screen.

Well, this didn't answer your question but hopefully helped in some other way :)
Native: Finnish (fi) Advanced: English (en) Intermediate: Swedish (sv) Hebrew (he) Dormant: German (de) Japanese (ja)

Spaceboy

Postby Spaceboy » 2013-05-30, 8:25

Yes, that is a good idea :) Videos are a great way of learning. Problem is that it tends to get frustrating when the subtitles disappear so quickly and I need to stop the video in order to read them at all. Otherwise I can't really follow the plot, unless it's a cartoon.

The reason I like podcasts is because I can listen to them while going out for a walk, and then being able to study the text once I get inside. Having listened to the audio beforehand helps me keep my focus while reading.

Thanks for the links, by the way!

Baldanders

Postby Baldanders » 2013-10-06, 22:17

I have just noticed Making History started adding transcriptions to their new releases (from episode 103 onwards).

It is a science-oriented podcast that is aimed at a wide audience and devoted to such topics as history, technology, astronomy, science-fiction, medicine, etc; incidentally, it would also appear to be the single most popular self-produced podcast in Israel.

I think learners will be particularly able to appreciate Ran's articulate and carefully paced narration.

Saim

Postby Saim » 2013-10-27, 19:15

tapuz wrote:How about watching Israeli television? There's plenty of online content in nana10 and mako, and most of the material is subtitled. I've learnt great deal of Hebrew just by watching plenty of Israeli television shows. It's entertaining and you sometimes learn even more this way than by listening to podcast because you can connect the words to the action happening on the screen.

Well, this didn't answer your question but hopefully helped in some other way :)

Wow, that's such a great resource, I've never found target-language subtitled online television before! :D

Spaceboy

Postby Spaceboy » 2013-10-31, 9:46

Golv wrote:I have just noticed Making History started adding transcriptions to their new releases (from episode 103 onwards).

It is a science-oriented podcast that is aimed at a wide audience and devoted to such topics as history, technology, astronomy, science-fiction, medicine, etc; incidentally, it would also appear to be the single most popular self-produced podcast in Israel.

I think learners will be particularly able to appreciate Ran's articulate and carefully paced narration.

Wow, I used to listen to their podcasts quite a lot before, and I did like the pacing and the range of topics. This is so cool! now I might actually start listen to them again!
Thank you for mentioning this site! :D

Return to “Hebrew (עברית)”