Studying North Korean dialect in Pyongyang - donations?

ruusukaali
Studying North Korean dialect in Pyongyang - donations?

Postby ruusukaali » 2012-03-26, 22:15

Mods: If this type of thread is not allowed, then I apologise. Please delete the thread if this is the case.

A friend of mine named Courtney (and no, I'm not disguising myself with the word "friend" for my benefit XD This is actually a classmate of mine) got accepted into a 10-week summer program (9 weeks in China on the North Korean border, 1 week in Pyongyang) to study the Northern dialect of Korean and needs to raise 7000$ by May 1st, 2012 to be able to accept the position (4600$ for the actual program, 1900$ for a round-trip ticket to China, ~500$ for food). She's put up a website where anyone wishing to donate and help her reach that 7000$ goal can go and give money via Paypal. Any donation regardless of how small the amount is, is welcome. If all you can donate is 50 cents then by all means, do so. Your money will be returned to you if she does not get enough money and has to turn down the spot. If you can't donate, then please share the link to the donation site on Facebook or some other form of social media; help spread the word! Any help is immensely appreciated!

The link to the donation site is here:
http://sendcourtney.com/

Courtney will be keeping a blog about her adventures learning North Korean if she can raise the money and accept the position, so you'll definitely get something out of her stay too! :)

EDIT: And for the record, this is a student of the Korean language who has studied the South Korean dialect in an academic setting for about 8 months now.
:bounce:

Return to “Korean (한국어)”