Nong Shim Noodle (mushroom?) Soup Mystery

Rivaldo
Nong Shim Noodle (mushroom?) Soup Mystery

Postby Rivaldo » 2011-12-25, 20:20

Hi people,

I decided to eat something different this christima's night, and I put to eat a "NONG SHIM" Bowl Noodle Soup, that looklikes as this:

http://ramenreview.files.wordpress.com/ ... picy-1.jpg

Well, I put all the seasoning on it, and... Besides the fact that I've never eat such spicy food in my life, I started having some weird effects. And my bride that ate together too. We didn't drink nothing with alcohol, and the rest we ate was only candies.

After finishing the spicyyy liquid of the bottom, I started feeling weird. After some hours I was all slow and without much sense of reality, she too.

So, I'm asking, is this normal, and this bowl noodle soup has something "more" than normal food in it, or what happened to us don't have an explanation?

Thank youu, Merry Christimas for Christians, and I've heard half of Korea is Buddhist, so, for you, a happy buddhist celebration :]

Caio.

Rivaldo

Re: Nong Shim Noodle (mushroom?) Soup Mystery

Postby Rivaldo » 2011-12-31, 2:08

Come on people, enough with this mystery, i need an answer.

hlysnan

Postby hlysnan » 2012-01-01, 12:34

One of the ingredients listed is monosodium glutamate. Maybe you're allergic to it?

Food Standards Australia New Zealand[22] (FSANZ) cites "overwhelming evidence from a large number of scientific studies" to explicitly deny any link between MSG and "serious adverse reactions" or "long-lasting effects", declaring MSG "safe for the general population". It does, however, describe that in less than 1% of the population, sensitive individuals may experience "transient" side effects such as "headache, numbness/tingling, flushing, muscle tightness, and generalised weakness" to a large amount of MSG taken in a single meal. People who consider themselves sensitive to MSG are encouraged to confirm this through an appropriate clinical assessment.

I think this brand is pretty common though so maybe you didn't add enough water.

Rivaldo

Postby Rivaldo » 2012-01-12, 1:06

But it wasn't only me, another person ate together and had the same feelings.
I found a site somewhere talking about nong shim beeing toxic?
http://lynk.ly/stories/view/360883

Anyway, I belive it was on pepper or in mushroom. Other people eat it and feel nothing, really? :doggy:

N J

Postby N J » 2012-01-12, 3:15

I have eaten these noodles many times and have never felt any strange effects.

Rivaldo

Postby Rivaldo » 2012-01-16, 4:40

If you use a substance for too long, it might lose it's effect with the time. The first time you ate it was long ago?

I'm still in doubt about it, I'll tell some friends to eat it, for some i'll tell it's weird effects, for others not, to do like a placebo, then I'll see.

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2012-01-23, 12:38

Instant noodles are craps. I grew up with those foods, but even I don't put all the soup powder. I throw away like half of it, because it's going to be too fucking spicy and too much of MSG. The interesting thing is, once you get the hang of it, it's kind of like addicting to some people, so the majority of South Koreans want...MORE!

Nooj

Postby Nooj » 2012-03-20, 6:06

So true. I know it's unhealthy, but I can't help it.

Return to “Korean (한국어)”