안녕하세요

Unknown
안녕하세요

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-03, 19:00

Please correct my Korean if it has any mistakes, because it may have a lot. Thanks.

안녕하세요, 저는 가끔 모든 것과 제가 반영하기 때문에 모두가, 내가 사용하는 언어 평가의 일부를 변경하고, 이번에는 솔직히 내 언어 평가의 일부를 변경하기로 결정했습니다. 이전에서 내 언어 평가의 대부분은 아직도 사실, 난 정직하게 정도 속도로 내 언어 중 일부를 제대로하지 않았다. 지금 내 언어에 대해 한국에 대한 내 프로필에서 정말 정직, 나는 좋은 한국어를 구사하지 않습니다. 그러나, 한국 내 강점은 어휘되며, 문법, 나는 함께 도움을 필요로 무엇 때문에. 나는과 희망 한국어에 유창가 나를 도움이 될 것입니다 내가 받고 모든 수정에 의해 매우 적은 문법을 알아. 그것이 어떤 실수가있다면 해당 게시물을 수정하십시오. 감사합니다.

モモンガ

Re: 안녕하세요

Postby モモンガ » 2011-07-07, 9:56

음, 반영이라고 하면 무슨 의미야?
합쇼체는 (합니다, 웁니다 등) 너무 많이 쓰세요.

근데 파이팅.

한국어는 아주 재미있어요.
[flag]tr[/flag]Türkçe [flag]vi[/flag]㗂越[flag]lo[/flag]ພາສາລາວ[flag]tet[/flag]Prasa Tetun

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-07, 11:49

モモンガ wrote:음, 반영이라고 하면 무슨 의미야?
합쇼체는 (합니다, 웁니다 등) 너무 많이 쓰세요.

근데 파이팅.

한국어는 아주 재미있어요.

당신과 미안 감사

Luna_Lovegood

Postby Luna_Lovegood » 2011-07-25, 12:53

What I want'd t' say was that 반영 is not good word.
Also you don't have to b so formal, and using 당신 is a little unnatural.
Middle Aged women talk like this to their husbands.
해요 is enough, I think. 합니다 style is very formal one.
However I see you have improved.
[flag]ky[/flag][flag]tk[/flag][flag]ko[/flag][flag]ja[/flag][flag]dv[/flag][flag]ru[/flag][flag]uz[/flag][flag]ty[/flag][flag]ug[/flag][flag]kk[/flag]

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-25, 15:34

Luna_Lovegood wrote:Also you don't have to b so formal, and using 당신 is a little unnatural.
Middle Aged women talk like this to their husbands.

Yet, bizarrely, this is the form taught by my first Korean textbook. It had a strong tendency to include a corresponding Korean form like 당신 or 그분 everywhere the equivalent English sentence would have a pronoun. Talk about unnatural Korean!
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-25, 20:13

Thanks everybody for your corrections. :)

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2011-07-27, 5:04

Cesare M. wrote:Please correct my Korean if it has any mistakes, because it may have a lot. Thanks.

안녕하세요, 저는 가끔 모든 것과 제가 반영하기 때문에 모두가, 내가 사용하는 언어 평가의 일부를 변경하고, 이번에는 솔직히 내 언어 평가의 일부를 변경하기로 결정했습니다. 이전에서 내 언어 평가의 대부분은 아직도 사실, 난 정직하게 정도 속도로 내 언어 중 일부를 제대로하지 않았다. 지금 내 언어에 대해 한국에 대한 내 프로필에서 정말 정직, 나는 좋은 한국어를 구사하지 않습니다. 그러나, 한국 내 강점은 어휘되며, 문법, 나는 함께 도움을 필요로 무엇 때문에. 나는과 희망 한국어에 유창가 나를 도움이 될 것입니다 내가 받고 모든 수정에 의해 매우 적은 문법을 알아. 그것이 어떤 실수가있다면 해당 게시물을 수정하십시오. 감사합니다.

I tried to correct but I realized I couldn't. It contains too many errors and I can't even guess what you're trying to say. Just two random sentences

나는과 희망 한국어에 유창가 나를 도움이 될 것입니다

-는 and -과 don't come with each other. -는 is the topic, -과 is the comitative and it sounds liike "as for along with me" which doesn't make sense in either language. I don't know what 희망 is there; is it an object or compliment or what? 유창 is simply "fluent" as in an adjective and you don't use the subjective marker -가 there, and 나를 has to be changed to 내게, because you're not using accusative but dative in Korean. To help someone, the someone is in dative.

그러나, 한국 내 강점은 어휘되며, 문법, 나는 함께 도움을 필요로 무엇 때문에.

한국 내 강점? I'm not sure if this is supposed to be "my strength in Korean" or "strength in Korea", I suspect the former but you're having problem with distinguishing 한국 and 한국어. -되며 is not used here, since it is "it has become". The second part is frankly incomprehensible, I can only get the gist that you're asking for some kind of help. What is 무엇 doing there? 때문에? because of what? Because of grammar or help? 함께 together with whom or what? I have no clue whatsoever.

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-27, 11:18

Thanks Karavinka! :) I'm sorry that you had a hard time correcting my submission, but at least you corrected the ones you understood.

To answer your questions:

- I was thinking that 희망 was the object of the sentence, but if it didn't belong in the sentence, then what types of sentences use 희망?

- As for 그러나, 한국 내 강점은 어휘되며, 문법, 나는 함께 도움을 필요로 무엇 때문에, I meant to write "However, my strengths in Korean are vocabulary, but grammar is where I need a lot of help." Could you translate that sentence for me?

Thanks once again Karavinka. :)

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-27, 13:23

Cesare M. wrote: - As for 그러나, 한국 내 강점은 어휘되며, 문법, 나는 함께 도움을 필요로 무엇 때문에, I meant to write "However, my strengths in Korean are vocabulary, but grammar is where I need a lot of help." Could you translate that sentence for me?

If you ask me (and I know you didn't), I think you need to learn to walk before you jog. Korean clausal connectors are difficult--particularly for relative clauses, which work completely differently than in Standard Average European languages. Try writing this out again using only simple sentences, then we can show you how to join it up.
"Richmond is a real scholar; Owen just learns languages because he can't bear not to know what other people are saying."--Margaret Lattimore on her two sons

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-27, 16:01

Cesare M. wrote:Hey linguoboy, I did not mean to upsetted you. All I did was make mistakes in my Korean. I am still learning Korean and all I asked was to translate a specific phrase, so that at least I learn how the grammar works in the sentence, and so that's how I learn. I hope you understand what I just said and also take it into consideration.

You didn't upset me, Cesare. I was simply giving you practical advice. It's great to be ambitious when learning a new language, but it's best to start with what you can handle and build up from there. As Karavinka demonstrated, you're still making basic errors in vocabulary and morphosyntax. Until you get those sorted, I'm not sure what it good it will do you to have others translate complex sentences for you.

Taking his advice into account, work on retranslating:

"My strengths in Korean are vocabulary."
"I need a lot of help with grammar."

Then we'll show you how to combine these two sentences into one.

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-27, 16:14

linguoboy wrote:
Cesare M. wrote:Hey linguoboy, I did not mean to upsetted you. All I did was make mistakes in my Korean. I am still learning Korean and all I asked was to translate a specific phrase, so that at least I learn how the grammar works in the sentence, and so that's how I learn. I hope you understand what I just said and also take it into consideration.

You didn't upset me, Cesare. I was simply giving you practical advice. It's great to be ambitious when learning a new language, but it's best to start with what you can handle and build up from there. As Karavinka demonstrated, you're still making basic errors in vocabulary and morphosyntax. Until you get those sorted, I'm not sure what it good it will do you to have others translate complex sentences for you.

Taking his advice into account, work on retranslating:

"My strengths in Korean are vocabulary."
"I need a lot of help with grammar."

Then we'll show you how to combine these two sentences into one.

Thanks for your reply. :) I guess I was sort of thinking that Korean grammar was very similar to Japanese grammar, but since that's not the case, I will definitely try harder, and learn from my corrections. As for starting points, yes I should start with things I can handle, then go from there, because although I'm good in Korean vocabulary, because of the very complex grammar in Korean, I should still start small. Thanks.

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-27, 16:23

Cesare M. wrote:I guess I was sort of thinking that Korean grammar was very similar to Japanese grammar, but since that's not the case, I will definitely try harder, and learn from my corrections. As for starting points, yes I should start with things I can handle, then go from there, because although I'm good in Korean vocabulary, because of the very complex grammar in Korean, I should still start small.

Korean grammar is very similar to Japanese. A Japanese sentence with the syntax of the Korean one you wrote wouldn't make sense either.

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-27, 16:45

linguoboy wrote:
Cesare M. wrote:I guess I was sort of thinking that Korean grammar was very similar to Japanese grammar, but since that's not the case, I will definitely try harder, and learn from my corrections. As for starting points, yes I should start with things I can handle, then go from there, because although I'm good in Korean vocabulary, because of the very complex grammar in Korean, I should still start small.

Korean grammar is very similar to Japanese. A Japanese sentence with the syntax of the Korean one you wrote wouldn't make sense either.

No it wouldn't you're right, although I guess I also didn't pay any attention to any grammatical differences between Japanese and Korean, but yes with the sentence I wrote above , it wouldn't make sense in Japanese either; I was just saying in general.

I'll try retranslating the two phrases:

My strength in Korean is vocabulary - 한국어 내 장점은 어휘입니다
I need help with grammar - 나는 문법과 도움이 필요

If I again made any mistakes, feel free to correct me. ;)

Meera

Postby Meera » 2011-07-27, 16:57

Hi Cessare! I know nothing about Korean, besides some letters. But I remeber when we were talking about Hindi, you told me you only used phrasebooks and online videos. I think maybe you should get a grammar book, these are very useful to learn a language. Actually they are extreamly helpful and a must to learn a langauge. You should look into one, I think it will be useful for you. :)
अहिंसा/เจ
Learning: (hi) (ja) (ko) (fr)

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-27, 17:07

Meera wrote:Hi Cessare! I know nothing about Korean, besides some letters. But I remeber when we were talking about Hindi, you told me you only used phrasebooks and online videos. I think maybe you should get a grammar book, these are very useful to learn a language. Actually they are extreamly helpful and a must to learn a langauge. You should look into one, I think it will be useful for you. :)

Thanks Meera. :) I'll try that for sure. :)

linguoboy

Postby linguoboy » 2011-07-27, 17:25

Cesare M. wrote:My strength in Korean is vocabulary - 한국어 내 장점은 어휘입니다
I need help with grammar - 나는 문법 도움이 필요합니다

Karavinka씨, "한국어(에)는 내 장점은 어휘입니다"라고 말해도 될까요?

Unknown

Postby Unknown » 2011-07-27, 18:12

linguoboy wrote:
Cesare M. wrote:My strength in Korean is vocabulary - 한국어 내 장점은 어휘입니다
I need help with grammar - 나는 문법 도움이 필요합니다

Karavinka씨, "한국어(에)는 내 장점은 어휘입니다"라고 말해도 될까요?

네, 감사합니다. :)

Karavinka

Postby Karavinka » 2011-07-29, 14:22

Linguoboy's version is entirelly grammatically correct, but it would be recognizably foreigner's production even if taken out of context. What complicates things is, though, even though something may be grammatically correct, pragmatically no one might say it that way.

More pragmatically natural version would be:
저는 한국어 어휘력은 센 편이예요. (As for me, my Korean vocabulary-power is rather strong)
or even: 저는 한국어 단어는 많이 알아요. (As for me, I know many words in Korean.)

Pragmatics will always trip foreigners learning this language because it's a language used by a small, relatively closely-bound group of people. As for English, for example, English speakers are aware that people speak their language somewhat differently in different regions and countries, as well as they are more used to foreigners' versions of it... so, if someone speaks a more "neutral" form of speech without much idiomatic expressions, it would still be acceptable. They just know there are more than one valid way of saying things.

With languages like Korean, not exactly so. As I see it, Koreans have a very high tendency to assimiliate themselves to everyone else around them, including speech patterns, which results in eliminating "other ways" of saying the same thing. So, in other words, "장점" is probably not a "preferred" (though not necessarily "wrong") word here.

And to Cesare: I want to re-interate what Linguoboy said: learn to walk before you jog. You aren't even crawling and you're not making yourself understood. Get a grammar textbook and work through it, it's going to save not only our but also your time in the long run.

Return to “Korean (한국어)”