Discussion about the "Spoken Korean" course

Myeong
Discussion about the "Spoken Korean" course

Postby Myeong » 2009-03-07, 18:42

I wanted to comment and opened this new topic so that it doesn't parasite your topic. :)

Actually it's just a question: was it my own course which pushed you to work on a new one? :silly:

Karavinka

Re: Discussion about the "Spoken Korean" course

Postby Karavinka » 2009-03-08, 1:53

Myeong wrote:I wanted to comment and opened this new topic so that it doesn't parasite your topic. :)

Actually it's just a question: was it my own course which pushed you to work on a new one? :silly:

Yes and no.

I've been testing different kinds of materials on myself and thinking how I might apply the methodology to Korean - as you can notice, the presentation is rather unorthodox. "Here's how you do it, how would you say it?" part was stolen directly from Michel Thomas, but I still didn't want to neglect the grammatical concepts altogether either, so it contains more explanatory materials.

And btw, if you would want the audio for your courses, I can help. 8-)

Myeong

Re: Discussion about the "Spoken Korean" course

Postby Myeong » 2009-03-08, 13:11

noir wrote:Yes and no.

I've been testing different kinds of materials on myself and thinking how I might apply the methodology to Korean - as you can notice, the presentation is rather unorthodox. "Here's how you do it, how would you say it?" part was stolen directly from Michel Thomas, but I still didn't want to neglect the grammatical concepts altogether either, so it contains more explanatory materials.

I didn't know the Thomas Method and being very interactive, it's really interesting! This is a different approach which should work well with many students. At least I like it. :wink:

noir wrote:And btw, if you would want the audio for your courses, I can help. 8-)

I would love your help!! :mrgreen:

Return to “Korean (한국어)”