universally loved Dansk music/movies

Moderator:Mulder-21

kman1
universally loved Dansk music/movies

Postby kman1 » 2011-05-26, 23:13

Definitively speaking, what would you all say is the five equivalent music artists (and their best album) and the five best movies of all time for Dansk media that all Danish people know and love as I have inquired in the thread below:
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=32876#p669613

Brikken

Re: universally loved Dansk music/movies

Postby Brikken » 2011-05-28, 9:15

This is a tough one!

Especially in the 90's, when we were approaching the new millenium, many newspaper made status regarding different genres, ie. books, movies, music and so on. They usually did it with the question "What is the best xxx of the century?". I've tried to find some of the results of these votings, but I can't seem to find any. However, if you do, I'm sure these will be a good indicator of most archetypical Danish culture, at least in the modern times.

ILuvEire

Postby ILuvEire » 2011-06-01, 2:57

Some popular Danish musicians:
Aqua
Hej Matematik
Nephew
Dodo and the Dodos
Nik og Jay

(I should probably note that I'm not particularly fond of all of these, but I think they're well known in Denmark and outside of Denmark)
[flag]de[/flag] [flag]da[/flag] [flag]fr-qc[/flag] [flag]haw[/flag] [flag]he[/flag] [flag]es[/flag]
Current focus: [flag]ga[/flag] [flag]ar[/flag]
Facebook | tumblr | Twitter
“We need to make books cool again. If you go home with somebody and they don't have books, don't fuck them.” —John Waters

kman1

Postby kman1 » 2011-06-01, 7:46

Brikken, what search queries did you use for that search you mentioned -> "What is the best xxx of the century?" Of course, you searched in Danish though so what exactly did you type? Maybe I can do some snooping around myself.

But I was more referring to the most famous ones that you, a Danish native, know to be known classics among all natives...

Brikken

Postby Brikken » 2011-06-02, 7:59

kman1 wrote:Brikken, what search queries did you use for that search you mentioned -> "What is the best xxx of the century?" Of course, you searched in Danish though so what exactly did you type? Maybe I can do some snooping around myself.

But I was more referring to the most famous ones that you, a Danish native, know to be known classics among all natives...

Well, I'll try and put up a list:
TV2
Kim Larsen/Gasolin
Thomas Helmig
DAD
Flemming "Bamse" Jørgensen

I think most Danes know all these bands, and I think they have all been active for 20+ years. This one is mainly pop/rock. There's also the (hideous) 'Dansktop' genre, which is a completely different story. That could be:
Bjørn & Okay
Fede Finn og Funny Boyz
Kandis
Lis & Per
Richard Ragnvald

Movies:
Olsen Banden (one or all of them)
Festen (this is just one of many 'Dogme 95' movies, all which I think are pretty good)
Kærlighed ved første hik
Far til fire
Blinkende lygter

I don't recall exactly what I searched for, but it would probably be something like "århundredets bedste sang", "den bedste sang gennem tiderne". But like I said, I weren't too succesfull.

Martine

Postby Martine » 2011-06-08, 9:58

The best Danish movie in my opinion is Min søsters børn

I love this sense of humour and that is really funny :) Those children are so awesome! I love every movie of new version of "Min søsters børn". I wish I could see it in original version.
However the most loved and popular Danish movie in Poland is Olsen Banden, which is being broadcasted in the Polish tv on every Christmas and every Easter....

kman1

Postby kman1 » 2011-06-09, 6:58

Martine wrote:I wish I could see it in original version.

Go download it or order it online then. Is it difficult to find? I can look it up for you if you wish.
Martine wrote:However the most loved and popular Danish movie in Poland is Olsen Banden, which is being broadcasted in the Polish tv on every Christmas and every Easter....

Hmm, so I presume there are a lot of Danish natives or speakers in Poland then. Lol! Is it broadcast in Danish w/ Polish subs or is it totally audio dubbed into Polish?

Martine

Postby Martine » 2011-06-09, 9:03

kman1 wrote:Hmm, so I presume there are a lot of Danish natives or speakers in Poland then. Lol! Is it broadcast in Danish w/ Polish subs or is it totally audio dubbed into Polish?

It`s totally dubbed. Every movie in Polish tv is totally dubbed, and sometimes it sounds awful :? There is one voice, which is tallking in the same tune all the time. It`s not many Danish native speakers in Poland, what should they do here? One can watch this movie with stupid dubbing without noticing the Danish language.

Go download it or order it online then. Is it difficult to find? I can look it up for you if you wish.

Thanks for offering me help. I couldn`t find it anywhere. If you could help me, I would`t be pleased.

kman1

Postby kman1 » 2011-06-09, 12:04

Martine wrote:Thanks for offering me help. I couldn`t find it anywhere. If you could help me, I would`t be pleased.

Yeah, I found a copy of it already. lol! The original version is the cartoon version from 1966, right? If that's the one, then it is available online. Try searching for it again.

Martine

Postby Martine » 2011-06-09, 15:00

No, I ment the new version of this movie. It was made in 2000. Btw where did you find this old version? I haven`t seen it. Thanks you a lot!

kman1

Postby kman1 » 2011-06-10, 10:39

Martine wrote:No, I ment the new version of this movie. It was made in 2000.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0290006/

You are referring to the movie above, correct? That is 2001 then. Also, it is available online as well. You could probably purchase it via Amazon or Ebay, perhaps.

Martine

Postby Martine » 2011-06-10, 11:05

Return to “Danish (Dansk)”