Words of encouragement

Moderator: Mulder-21

lyric
Posts: 141
Joined: 2007-05-13, 12:09
Gender: female
Location: none

Words of encouragement

Postby lyric » 2007-06-06, 11:42

Hello Dansk speakers,

Your help is needed to complete the list of words of encouragement: http://home.unilang.org/wiki3/index.php ... ouragement

i.e. words you say to yourself or others when trying to accomplish a hard task,
like for example learning a new language :wink:.

Examples: "You can make it.", "Go-ahead! ", "Go!"

How do you say in Dansk?

Thanks,
Lyric

SImon Gray
Posts: 197
Joined: 2006-12-22, 20:57

Re: Words of encouragement

Postby SImon Gray » 2007-06-06, 17:09

lyric wrote:Hello Dansk speakers,

Your help is needed to complete the list of words of encouragement: http://home.unilang.org/wiki3/index.php ... ouragement

i.e. words you say to yourself or others when trying to accomplish a hard task,
like for example learning a new language :wink:.

Examples: "You can make it.", "Go-ahead! ", "Go!"

How do you say in Dansk?

Thanks,
Lyric

You can make it = Du skal nok klare det
Come on! = kom så!
Keep going / keep it up = Bliv ved
Cheer up = Op med humøret

lyric
Posts: 141
Joined: 2007-05-13, 12:09
Gender: female
Location: none

Re: Words of encouragement

Postby lyric » 2007-06-06, 17:38

Hello SImon Gray,

thank you very much,
I will add your words to the wiki.

SImon Gray wrote:You can make it = Du skal nok klare det
Come on! = kom så!
Keep going / keep it up = Bliv ved
Cheer up = Op med humøret


Could you also give some literal translation of your words.

Cheers,
Lyric

User avatar
juronjaure
Posts: 194
Joined: 2007-02-10, 16:17
Real Name: Ronja
Gender: female
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Re: Words of encouragement

Postby juronjaure » 2007-06-07, 18:12

lyric wrote:Hello SImon Gray,

thank you very much,
I will add your words to the wiki.

SImon Gray wrote:You can make it = Du skal nok klare det
Come on! = kom så!
Keep going / keep it up = Bliv ved
Cheer up = Op med humøret


Could you also give some literal translation of your words.


Trying to give a litteral translation:
Du skal nok klare det=You'll manage it
Kom så=Come so (?)
Bliv ved=can*t really translate it, would be something like "stay at"
Op med humøret=Up with (your) humour

I*m not sure if these translations will help you anything

User avatar
juronjaure
Posts: 194
Joined: 2007-02-10, 16:17
Real Name: Ronja
Gender: female
Country: DE Germany (Deutschland)
Contact:

Re: Words of encouragement

Postby juronjaure » 2007-06-07, 18:12

lyric wrote:Could you also give some literal translation of your words.


Trying to give a litteral translation:
Du skal nok klare det=You'll manage it
Kom så=Come so (?)
Bliv ved=can*t really translate it, would be something like "stay at"
Op med humøret=Up with (your) humour

I*m not sure if these translations will help you anything

lyric
Posts: 141
Joined: 2007-05-13, 12:09
Gender: female
Location: none

Re: Words of encouragement

Postby lyric » 2007-06-07, 20:45

Hello juronjaure,

juronjaure wrote:
lyric wrote:Could you also give some literal translation of your words.


Trying to give a litteral translation:
Du skal nok klare det=You'll manage it
Kom så=Come so (?)
Bliv ved=can*t really translate it, would be something like "stay at"
Op med humøret=Up with (your) humour

I*m not sure if these translations will help you anything


I think the literal translations may help to understand possible connotational meanings associated with the words. :wink:

Thanks a lot,
Lyric


Return to “Danish (Dansk)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest