Language Course

Moderator: Mulder-21

Psi-Lord

Danish song!

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-27, 21:06

Today I downloaded my first Danish song ever! :D It's called "Danse i måneskin" ("Dancing in the moonlight", apparently). Now my neighbours will really find a way to put me into hospital for singing in Danish the whole day. Image

”Danse i måneskin
lige så tæt kind mod kind
Vi lukker natten ind
Danse i måneskin” Image
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

E}{pugnator

Postby E}{pugnator » 2003-07-27, 21:59

froggiecita,

I suggest you to keep sending the Danish lessons to the e-mail webmaster@unilang.org or perhaps to my personal e-mail expugnator@mail.com , so that we can lately make it available for everyone at the webpage! I read lesson 1 and it is really nice!!!
Learning Georgian, Mandarin Chinese, Russian and Papiamentu from scratch. Trying to brush up my Norwegian up to an advanced level.

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-28, 12:17

Hej med jer!
Jeg har lige sent den anden lektion til jer. I have just sent you the second unit.
Der er meget godt dansk musik! There is very good danish music!
I skulle prøve at finde: you should try to find:

Kim Larsen (Jutlandia, Papirsklip, Om Lidt,...)
Gasolin (with Kim Larsen as lead singer, Rock music)
Rollo & King (remember eurovision? Der stå et billede, Dyt i bamsen, Bellevue, ...)
Thomas Helmig (Kom tilbage til mig...)
Nick og Jay (Hot,... danish hip hop, very nice)
TV2 (Alt hun ville var at danse,...)
Rocazino (Ridder Lykke,...)
Brødrene Olsen (Smukt som et stjerneskud (Fly on the wings of love),...)
Lars Lilholt (Cafe Måneskin, Liv efter liv, i en sommernat...)

Det skulle være nok til begyndelsen:)
that should be enough for the start ;) but I can always propose more if you are interested.

Froggie
Sprache ist wortgewordene Kultur. Karl Jaspers

Psi-Lord

:'(

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-28, 16:06

Polarfrog wrote:Jeg har lige sent den anden lektion til jer. I have just sent you the second unit.

Jeg modtog min ikke... / I didn't get mine... Image

I can't believe I'm trying to say something på dansk! :shock:
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-31, 15:54

I got mine now. :) [Comments sent to Polarfrog by email, since the forum was down]

Well, Car's posting some very interesting links on the Norwegian thread reminded me of posting some about Danish I've got to gather so far — I hope it's okay. Some of them are really useful, and I've been having lots of fun with TaleRobert (a must check!). ;)

Dictionaries —
Danish -> English: http://home1.stofanet.dk/johnmadsen/Dan ... shdic.html
Danish <-> English: http://tsca.freeshell.org/cgi/dk-en.pl
Danish <-> Portuguese: http://www25.brinkster.com/johnmadsen/portuordbog.html

Grammars:
http://home1.stofanet.dk/johnmadsen/Danish/danish.html
http://www.geocities.com/tsca.geo/dansk/index.html

General (a bit of everything):
http://learndanish.totalingenuity.com/c ... fault.aspx
http://www.statsci.org/dansk/
http://www.geocities.com/tor53denver/danskclb.htm
http://dkheadlines.com/learndanish.htm

Pronunciation:
http://elizabeth.sweetie.dk/egdp.html

Synthesizer:
http://www.teledanmark.dk/menu/sm2330.htm (click on 'TaleRobert')

Yahoo! Groups:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/danishlanguage
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Learning_Danish

There's also a very good (about 45,000-word large) downloadable HTML dictionary at http://home1.stofanet.dk/johnmadsen/Danish/danish.html — look for 'Danish Dictionaries' in the frontpage and click on the disk icon on the right. That will take you to a page with links to different dictionaries and instructions on how to download the Dansk <-> Engelsk one I mentioned.

pa-integral

Postby pa-integral » 2003-08-01, 15:24

Hi!

Last wednesday a Danish couple came to the camping where I work. They were old, but I could see DK on the back of their car. I took my Danish camping sentences and I said some things to them, but they didn't really get very surprised...

I guess I didn't pronounce it well...

Polarfrog:
I'll soon send the text of lesson 2!

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-08-14, 12:46

Hello my great pupis!
I am very sorry I did not yet correct your texts... I was feeling quite bad, as I am suffering from depressions from time to time, and I promise I will send them back to you in the next week. I hope you are not mad at me.
Sorry again
Froggie

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-08-14, 15:22

Frrrrooooooggggggiiiiiiiieeeeeeee!!!!!!!!! :D

Polarfrog wrote:I was feeling quite bad, as I am suffering from depressions from time to time

Oh, dear, I'm so sorry to hear about that. :( I hope everything will be fine soon. And if you need someone to talk to sometime, there's a whole Unilang right here to offer you pairs of ears and shoulders. :)

Polarfrog wrote:I hope you are not mad at me.

Sure we are not! How could we? But I confess I was a bit worried about your sudden 'missing condition', especially after no one I asked about you knew what might've happened to you. :( Even if things aren't on their shining side, as you say they aren't, it's very good to know you're still around. :)

Take care, dear Froggie!

chocky

Hi everybody!

Postby chocky » 2004-06-30, 10:07

:shock: :? 8) http://www.speakdanish.dk 8) :? :shock:

:arrow: This is a very useful link for those people willing to learn danish language. I am a beginner but I would like really to speak some danish. :P I'll try it.

Freja

Re: :'(

Postby Freja » 2004-10-10, 14:42

Psi-Lord wrote:
Polarfrog wrote:Jeg har lige sent den anden lektion til jer. I have just sent you the second unit.

Jeg modtog min ikke... / I didn't get mine... Image

I can't believe I'm trying to say something på dansk! :shock:

I don't know if anybody told you this, but the sentence
Jeg modtog min ikke is wrong. The right way to say it:
Jeg modtog ikke min

Jeg modtog ikke min is more like saying I didn't recieve mine
Jeg fik ikke min is I didn't get mine

Sorry, I just couldn't help it :oops: But great you tried! Wish I would do that sometimes :whistle:
Véstæinn satti stæin þannsi aft Ásvið, sun sinn, harða góðan dræng. SaR druknaði utan af Norvegi..

DaniR gørva slóð þessa lìfandi at mikit afl ok líf donum..

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2004-10-10, 15:09

Thanks a lot for pointing that out, Freja! :) Even though it's been ages since I last touched anything Danish (I ended up without no company for it, hehe), I'll keep the remark in mind.

And it's an honour to have the daughter of Njord joining us. :)

Freja

Nordisk Mytologi

Postby Freja » 2004-10-10, 21:04

You're very welcome :D I'm just glad if you can use it
No way! That's sad, howcome? :(
Thank you so much! It's a pleasure to be here :D

I just love "nordisk mytologi" :mrgreen: Sometimes I wonder why we changed our religion :wink:
Haha, I once joined a choir (and I really CAN'T sing at all :roll:) just because they sang some songs about Freja, Thor, Odin, you name them :lol:
My life is full of these gods and goddesses! The street names here around are named after Thor, Odin, Freja, Heimdal and so on. Even the names of the days:
Mandag (Månens dag - The moon's day)
Tirsdag (Tyrs dag - Tyr's day)
Onsdag (Odins dag - Odin's dag)
Torsdag (Thors dag - Thor's day)
Fredag* (Frejas/Friggs/Frejs dag - Freja's/Frigg's/Frej's day)
Lørdag* (Lokes dag/Vaskedag - Lokes' day/Washingday)
Søndag (Solens dag - The sun's day)

*Fredag: I'm not exactly sure about, because I have heard all of them and they could all be correct

*Lørdag: It could be Lokes' day, but is he so important he would have his own day? However, I have heard that "lør" is an old Danish word meaning "to wash", and that would be my guess, but only a guess :wink:
Véstæinn satti stæin þannsi aft Ásvið, sun sinn, harða góðan dræng. SaR druknaði utan af Norvegi..

Hunef

Postby Hunef » 2004-11-04, 21:30

Freja, Danish lørdag ('Saturday') literary means 'washing day'. Swedish has a somewhat obsolete verb att löga meaning 'to wash'. My own local (western scandinavian) dialect Jamtlandic spoken in northwestern Sweden has til lauga with the same meaning and somewhat less obsolete than the Swedish counterpart. If I am not mistaking, the modern Danish word is at løve. I don't know how obsolete this word is in Danish, though, but I guess it is at least as obsolete as the Swedish word.
Note that all scandinavian languages have 'washing day' (variations of lørdag).
But the fact that some geniuses were laughed at does not imply that all who are laughed at are geniuses. They laughed at Columbus, they laughed at Fulton, they laughed at the Wright Brothers. But they also laughed at Bozo the Clown.
Carl Sagan

Postby Guest » 2004-11-05, 18:46

I know. That's also what I said :)

froggie

Postby froggie » 2004-11-10, 14:50

Danish is back! Hey, I decided I do have some time to get back in here and continue to torture you!
Froggie :)

Freja

Postby Freja » 2004-11-13, 10:31

froggie wrote:Danish is back! Hey, I decided I do have some time to get back in here and continue to torture you!
Froggie :)

Jamen, i så fald, velkommen tilbage! :D

Oricguest

Postby Oricguest » 2004-11-13, 20:08

The same system exists with English (And every other Germanic language's)days

Monday- Moon's day
Tuesday- Tiw's day
Wednesday- Woden's Day
Thursday- Þór's Day
Friday- Freja's Day
Saturday- Saturn's Day (well, that's ROman)
Sunday- Sun's Day

Well, some languages use "middle-week" for Wednesday, like German mittwoch

Saaropean

Postby Saaropean » 2004-11-14, 8:47

Oricguest wrote:The same system exists with English (And every other Germanic language's)days

Monday- Moon's day
Tuesday- Tiw's day
Wednesday- Woden's Day
Thursday- Þór's Day
Friday- Freja's Day
Saturday- Saturn's Day (well, that's ROman)
Sunday- Sun's Day

Well, some languages use "middle-week" for Wednesday, like German mittwoch

[wiki]Days of the week[/wiki]

JackFrost
Forum Administrator

Postby JackFrost » 2004-11-15, 0:41

Oricguest wrote:Well, some languages use "middle-week" for Wednesday, like German mittwoch

True, like in Icelandic, "Miðsvikudagur" means "Midweek Day"

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2004-12-25, 5:31

Today I installed a Danish programme that seems to be very interesting (although probably a bit 'old' by computer standards). However, since it's all in Danish, I confess having to be intuitive about it isn't really something I'm totally 'comfortable' with, hehe, so I was wondering if anyone's heard of it before and if there are any tips you could give me.

The whole kit seems to be called Bogskabet (I say seems because, although I've installed it from a single .RAR file, there were different folders inside it, and each of them had what seemed to be different setup files for different parts of the whole). After I installed it, I ended up with six different parts of it:

Bogskabet 3.1
Gyldendal
Gyldendals Dansk-Engelsk
Gyldendals Engelsk-Dansk
Gyldendals Fremmedordbog
Gyldendals Retskrivningsordbog

(I skipped them when installing, but there were also a German-Danish and a Danish-German dictionary included.)

Does fremmedordbog mean dictionary of foreign words? And does retskrivningsordbog mean something like dictionary of orthography?

Return to “Danish (Dansk)”