Language Course

Moderator: Mulder-21

froggie

Language Course

Postby froggie » 2003-07-17, 7:38

Hello everybody,
I hope there might be a few of you interested in a basic Danish course. Iwill post the first lesson tonight. Please join! I am looking forward to seeing "Welcome" to you, esp. to Luis. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kan I hygge jer!
Froggie
Sprache ist wortgewordene Kultur. Karl Jaspers

pa-integral

Postby pa-integral » 2003-07-17, 10:25

Godmorgen!

I also want to join the Dansk course as a begginer. Danish seems cool! I think we will have fun with it.

Thanx, Polarfrog!s

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-17, 11:15

A Danish course? Cool! That's a part of the "language planet" I've never visited, and I think it'll be great to finally have the opportunity to have a look around it. I'm in. ;)
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

Patricia

Postby Patricia » 2003-07-17, 12:02

I don't really have time to learn Danish, but I'll keep an eye on this course. I think it's interesting. :)

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2003-07-17, 12:25

Froggie, is it always possible to start later? Because I don't want to learn Danish before I've reached a certain level in Norwegian (it's so easy to confuse them) and I don't think I've reached that level yet. I think when I've completed my Norwegian course, I might give Danish a try.

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-17, 14:39

Hi Car!
Sure it is, I have only written one unit yet, which I willpost here, and the other will be also posted hre, so you can start whenever you want. Norwegian and Danish are VERY similar, except the pronounciation, so it would be too confusing studying both at the same time. In fact, my Norwegian has drowned in all the Danish I learned...
Froggie

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2003-07-19, 13:41

Psi-Lord wrote:A Danish course? Cool! That's a part of the "language planet" I've never visited, and I think it'll be great to finally have the opportunity to have a look around it. I'm in. ;)

Ditto. :) I find Scandinavian languages to be interesting, as little as I have looked at them. :P
English (native); français (semi-fluent); español (basic conversational, 3 years in school + completed Duolingo tree); română (studied for a year + Duolingo Level 7); italiano (beginner; Duolingo tree completed); Deutsch (Duolingo Level 11, but I have a poor grasp of this language)

Official Dabbling History: 1.5 semesters in college nihongo; 2 semesters in college Kiswahili; 3 college linguistics classes

degree in Quenya from University of Rivendell (j.k.)

pa-integral

Postby pa-integral » 2003-07-19, 15:30

Polarfrog wrote:I have only written one unit yet, which I will post here, and the other will be also posted hre, so you can start whenever you want.

Cool! I want to start learning!

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-21, 7:30

Hey!
The file utility management isn't online yet, so please send me an email to polarfrosch@web.de, so i can sends you the first unit. if you want me to corect sentences you can send them to this email, too, if there are questions we can discuss them here online.
knus
Polarfrog

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-22, 4:18

As I mentioned before, I had never really "explored" anything related to Scandinavian languages — although I've got a couple of Swedish and Norwegian films taped, I'd never paid attention to the languages themselves, for instance. After getting into the thread, though, I started goggling around and looking for more information on Danish. Delightful new world! :) The history, the sounds, the spelling, the structures... Thanks a lot for having had me get into it, Froggie dear! :)
português do Brasil (pt-BR)British English (en-GB) galego (gl) português (pt) •• العربية (ar) български (bg) Cymraeg (cy) Deutsch (de)  r n km.t (egy) español rioplatense (es-AR) 日本語 (ja) 한국어 (ko) lingua Latina (la) ••• Esperanto (eo) (grc) français (fr) (hi) magyar (hu) italiano (it) polski (pl) Türkçe (tr) 普通話 (zh-CN)

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-22, 8:05

I am happy that youlike it. Certainly Danish is not a beautiful language, but i like it very much, because it means so much to me, as my friends, my town and my time in Denmark. Iam terribly "homesick" and I am happy that we can talk here a bit about this cute language :)
Froggie

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-23, 16:19

Froggie, would you happen to know about any places where I could download some sound files with samples of the Danish glottal stop? I'm having a hard time "reproducing" it, especially in pairs where it's necessary to distinguish the meanings (such as "hun" and "hund")... :(

And, even though this may sound silly, would you also know about any handwriting image samples around the web? I confess I'm quite curious about how to write ø, Ø and Æ in cursive... :oops: The only sources I could find myself were samples of 19th century handwriting, or even older than that... I guess I could figure æ out, though, but I'm happy Danish doesn't use œ, or else I'd probably mistake them all the time. ;)

Tak!

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-24, 7:49

Hej Psi!
I don't know any Danish recource on the net, sorry... But I will try to find some. In Southern Denamrk they don't use the glottal stop, so I am not good in that either, I never learned it conciously, just by speaking and listening... There is certainly a differencebetween the words "hun" and "hund", the "u" in hund is short and there is a glottal stop after the "n". I will record a sound sample of the tekst in the unit 1 when i am home again, here in cologne i do not have the facilities :(. Do you know how to pronounce a glottal stop?
In handwriting it is almost impossible to distinguish between æ and ø.....

knus
Polarfrø

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2003-07-24, 16:58

Polarfrog wrote:tekst

knus
Polarfrø

I'm sorry, but did you intentionally spell "text" wrong, or am I lost? :o
English (native); français (semi-fluent); español (basic conversational, 3 years in school + completed Duolingo tree); română (studied for a year + Duolingo Level 7); italiano (beginner; Duolingo tree completed); Deutsch (Duolingo Level 11, but I have a poor grasp of this language)

Official Dabbling History: 1.5 semesters in college nihongo; 2 semesters in college Kiswahili; 3 college linguistics classes

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-24, 17:16

Apparently, EN text = DA tekst. ;)

Sarabi

Postby Sarabi » 2003-07-24, 17:34

LOL... Okay, merci.

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-25, 7:41

Queen Ehlana wrote:
Polarfrog wrote:tekst

knus
Polarfrø

I'm sorry, but did you intentionally spell "text" wrong, or am I lost? :o

hehehe sorry you are right, I mixed up the languages... that always happens to me ;)
BTW fx. = for example ;) also danish...
Froggie

froggie

Postby froggie » 2003-07-25, 14:24

The second lesson is ready. I haven't heard so far from you, is the first lesson understandable? It is the first language course I write :) please give feedback!
knus
Froggie

Psi-Lord

Postby Psi-Lord » 2003-07-25, 15:39

Oh, sorry for not having written anything about it, teacher Froggie! :oops:

Well, the first lesson was very nice for me. There was the dialogue, with a glossary and a full translation, then some grammar (which I love! :) ) and then even more new words, followed by an exercise. Some might say this is 'traditional', but I like it very much. :) Oh, yes, and you even wrote something about pronunciation — that was very interesting, as it's hard to find such information online. :) I wouldn't mind you adding even more grammar to the lessons, Froggie, but since I know some people hate grammar, I'm not going to suggest it. ;)

I'm looking forward to receiving the second lesson! Kunne du lære mig dansk? :)

pa-integral

Postby pa-integral » 2003-07-26, 9:46

Danish is coooool!

I noticed some things are similar to Dutch, but at least what we have learnt during this lesson is easier. I got a mess with pronounciation... I'll have to listen to some Danish music to get used to it!

Do you know some Danish bands?

I'm ready for lesson 2, you can send it to duil@correu.vilaweb.com

Return to “Danish (Dansk)”