Levo's questions about Latvija

Moderator: Sol Invictus

Levo

Levo's questions about Latvija

Postby Levo » 2010-06-14, 17:01

Sveiki uz Visiem! (Is it correct at all?)
This weekend I plan to leave Estonia for some days and visit beatiful Latvia.
Around Monday, I might arrive on my way back to Rīga or Jūrmala. Actually I have never been to the latter one, so I would like to see it. For the planning of my trip I use Latvijas Dzelzceļš and 1188.lv as for buses. The only thing is that I cannot find the proper destination among the 8768765 bus stops for Jūrmala, so the results of my search is always "not found". :) Even if I search it from Rīga.
Could someone please help me naming the right bus-stup for Júrmala in order to be able to get there? Actually, I originally plan to arrive there from Ventspils. Oh yeah, the other thing. Is it really true that there are no buses from Ventspils to Mazirbe or Kolka?

Zorba

Re: Levo's questions about Latvija

Postby Zorba » 2010-06-14, 19:02

As I understand it, Jurmala is a general name for the coastal strip immediately north-east of Riga and actually comprises several resort towns which run into one another, which is why there are so many stations and stops. "Majori" is the central resort where the main train station and historic centre are, so that's probably where you want to go.

I have no idea about buses from Ventspils to Cape Kolka but if you haven't found any, there probably aren't any. The area is sparsely populated and I guess there simply isn't enough demand for public transport.

mak

Postby mak » 2010-06-15, 14:22

Zorba is right about Jūrmala. I'm from the other side of the country so I can't help you with your other question.

Levo

Postby Levo » 2010-07-01, 0:45

I did my trip in Latvia and I had unforgettable moments there. I will always remember it :)

mak

Postby mak » 2010-07-16, 19:23

Glad to hear that! I know it's been a while but can you do a post of your trip to Latvia on this forum? Or if you've already done this, post a link to it here. Thanks :)

Levo

Postby Levo » 2010-07-17, 21:25

mak wrote:Glad to hear that! I know it's been a while but can you do a post of your trip to Latvia on this forum? Or if you've already done this, post a link to it here. Thanks :)

Sure, :) Happily.
Just give me a little time.

Return to “Latvian (Latviešu valoda)”