Kurdish, Arabic, Farsi - advice for improvement welcome! :-)

Moderator:eskandar

Lughatzabanha
Kurdish, Arabic, Farsi - advice for improvement welcome! :-)

Postby Lughatzabanha » 2020-06-10, 4:47

I have some simple sound recordings of Kurdish, Arabic, and Farsi practice -- of varying levels. :-)

Any advice for improvement and feedback is welcome! https://soundcloud.com/lughatzabanha/tracks

Thanks!

voron
Language Forum Moderator

Re: Kurdish, Arabic, Farsi - advice for improvement welcome! :-)

Postby voron » 2020-06-10, 15:48

Hi, welcome to the forum!

I'm learning Kurdish and Arabic myself and I'm impressed. Your Kurdish sounds very authentic, and it definitely has an Iraqi sound to it. (Also, you're saying Ez li Duhok dijîm, isn't it supposed to be in the past tense, since you hatî û çûyî :wink: )?

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2020-06-10, 22:00

Welcome! Your Persian is good, there are only a couple of minor mistakes (which I can point out if you'd like). As far as pronunciation goes, you kind of shift (especially with your vowels) between Tajik and Tehrani Persian, which makes sense given what you mentioned about your studies. If you want to improve, I would definitely suggest committing to a single dialect. It's not a problem for comprehension (I can understand you just fine) but it will sound better if it's consistently one or the other. You also waver a bit between written Persian and colloquial Tehrani Persian. That's also not a big deal, and it sometimes happens even in native speech, but as with the accent, it will sound better if it's consistently colloquial (if that's what you're going for).

I don't know Iraqi Arabic well enough to say anything other than that it sounded good to me! I think it was in your Arabic recording that you mentioned "coming here" to Iraq - does that mean you live there currently? Are there many Iranians (or other Persian-speakers) there that you're able to practice with?
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Lughatzabanha

Postby Lughatzabanha » 2020-06-11, 2:23

Thanks for your comments. :-) That's helpful.

Yes, I am in Kurdistan Iraq right now and while I know some people who grew up in Iran as refugees I don't usually practice Farsi with them - they prefer Kurdish. :-)

Return to “Arabic (العربية)”