No transcription + translation online for Yasmine Hamdan's song "Aziza"?

Moderator:eskandar

Talha
No transcription + translation online for Yasmine Hamdan's song "Aziza"?

Postby Talha » 2017-08-10, 10:03

Hi all,
I studied Arabic to degree level and continue Levantine Arabic lessons online. I came across this song, "Aziza" by Yasmine Hamdan, that really grabbed me via YouTube suggestions when listening to Mashrou Leila songs, the indie band from Beirut.

I've googled for the lyrics in Arabic + translation but not found anything. Anyone can help find them?

I'm surprised no one has done it yet as it was part of the theme music for an acclaimed film.

Otherwise I might have a pop at transcribing and translating them myself as a practice and you guys can laugh at my attempts afterwards :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACN76ld-o_I

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Re: No transcription + translation online for Yasmine Hamdan's song "Aziza"?

Postby eskandar » 2017-08-11, 7:31

I found the lyrics online here. You're probably the most advanced Arabic speaker active here nowadays, so I guarantee no one will laugh at your translation! (For my part I'm probably somewhere around B2 in MSA and B1~B2 in Egyptian. So I think I understood most of the song, but I'd benefit from seeing your translation anyway.) Seems like the lyrics are supposed to be in Egyptian, but you can still hear Yasmine Hamdan's Lebanese accent.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Return to “Arabic (العربية)”