Memorizing verb forms

Moderator: eskandar

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Memorizing verb forms

Postby eskandar » 2015-07-04, 15:41

Does anyone have any advice for memorizing the ten main verb forms in Arabic? It's a rather elementary thing that I never spent enough time on in my studies. Are there any websites or programs that are good for drilling these? I thought about making Anki flashcards for each form, but it seemed like a cumbersome way to do it.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Michael

Re: Memorizing verb forms

Postby Michael » 2015-09-09, 16:01

Since no one else has responded, I'll put in my two cents. Anki may be cumbersome in the short-term, but it's all I'll be using to assist me in Arabic (I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have in Persian without it), and I'll be using it to drill verb forms as well.
American English (en-us) Pizzonese (nap) N Italian (it) Mexican Spanish (es-mx) Brazilian Portuguese (pt-br) Albanian (sq) B1 Greek (el) Persian (fa) A2 Romanian (ro) Old English (en_old) Turkish (tr) Azerbaijani (az) A1
„Çdo njeri është peng i veprave të veta.‟
Every human being is hostage to their own deeds.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2016-01-28, 2:46

I have no advice on this either, I am really frustrated over this in my Arabic classes at the moment. :(
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

eskandar
Language Forum Moderator

Postby eskandar » 2016-01-28, 9:10

I ended up making Anki cards for them and now I no longer have trouble remembering the patterns. Meera, don't get discouraged--I think Arabic gets easier as you go along. There really is a lot of grammar to master, but once you've internalized a lot of the patterns and forms, the whole language starts to open up to you and it gets much easier.
Please correct my mistakes in any language.

Meera

Postby Meera » 2016-01-31, 2:27

eskandar wrote:I ended up making Anki cards for them and now I no longer have trouble remembering the patterns. Meera, don't get discouraged--I think Arabic gets easier as you go along. There really is a lot of grammar to master, but once you've internalized a lot of the patterns and forms, the whole language starts to open up to you and it gets much easier.

شكرا جزيلا

I will try the anki cards :)
अहिंसा/เจ
True Love: (hi)
TAC 2017: (hi) (ja) (ko)

Return to “Arabic (العربية)”