CATALÀ - Bugi

Moderator: Iván

kibo

CATALÀ - Bugi

Postby kibo » 2005-10-28, 17:05

Hola!

Avui han començat les meves classes de catala, i he de practicar molt i fer els deures. Aquí escriuré les meves preguntes i les exercicis del llibre. Encara no puc dir moltes coses :(, però hem aprè molt avui. :)

Fins desprès
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

Guillem

Re: CATALÀ - Bugi

Postby Guillem » 2005-10-29, 11:48

Bugi wrote:Hola!

Avui han començat les meves classes de català, i he de practicar molt i fer els deures. Aquí escriuré les meves preguntes i els exercicis del llibre. Encara no puc dir moltes coses :(, però hem après molt avui. :)

Fins després

Bon dia Bugi :D Espero que les teves classes et vagin molt bé i jo, per la meva part, t'intentaré ajudar en tot el que pugui. Ara et tinc por, veient la velocitat a la qual aprens les llengües estrangeres aviat en sabràs més que jo!!
: D
Fins aviat!

Oleksij

Postby Oleksij » 2005-10-29, 13:07

Oh yes, I'm also interested in Catalan... :)
Moja ulica murem podzielona - świeci neonami prawa strona, lewa strona cała wygaszona, zza zasłony obserwuję obie strony.
My Youtube Channel
Last.fm

toksave

Postby toksave » 2005-11-06, 3:56

bugui, i ara es ora de començar....

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-11-09, 0:37

toksave wrote:bugui, i ara és hora de començar....

:o
Toksave, així que tu també aprens català?

kibo

Postby kibo » 2005-11-09, 0:57

Avui vaig comprar el meu llibre (o millor dit la fotocopia) i demà escriuré alguna cosa. Ara estic molt cansat. :?
Goals:
[flag=]es[/flag] ➜ C1 (DELE)
[flag=]de[/flag] ➜ B2 (Goethe-Zertifikat) / C1
[flag=]sv[/flag] ➜ B1/B2

toksave

Postby toksave » 2005-11-11, 15:10

thanks tenma, i should have known to put an "h" on that "hora" i want to learn catalan because i am descendent of catalan family and i like knowing about my history. an old woman apeared in front of my mother and saw her lastname "lluch" and said in spanish "tu eres de los mios, tu eres una catalana"
and she felt so good after that, now we know how the family name is pronounced in catalan.

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-11-11, 15:47

toksave wrote:thanks tenma, i should have known to put an "h" on that "hora" i want to learn catalan because i am descendent of catalan family and i like knowing about my history. an old woman apeared in front of my mother and saw her lastname "lluch" and said in spanish "tu eres de los mios, tu eres una catalana"
and she felt so good after that, now we know how the family name is pronounced in catalan.

Ah really? That is very interesting indeed! We'll try to provide you with any help you need with your learning, then :)

By the way, Lluch is one of those surnames which show the highly irregular Catalan spelling that was in use until the third decade of the 20th century, after a reform took place and a regular spelling was chosen. Nowadays it would be Lluc, as Pompeu Fabra, among other changes, decided to drop all the unnecessary h that overpopulated the language. However, he did not choose to drop the initial h as the Italians did (I don't know why, perhaps he feared losing touch with their original Latin equivalents).

Compare for instance,
arch -> arc (bow)
bosch -> bosc (forest, also a very common surname)
foch -> foc (fire)
llach -> llac (lake, and again, a surname... like Lluís Llach)
Cathalunya -> Catalunya (quite obvious :P)
fanch -> fang (mud - the combinations "nc" and "nc" are both pronounced as the nasal [ŋ]
Montjuïch -> Montjuïc (a hill in Barcelona, its name is said to mean "hill of the Jews")
Suchs -> Sucs (a small town near Lleida)
Vich -> Vic (another town, this one in central Catalonia)

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-11-12, 1:36

hehe i don't like when people pronounce that ch like the spanish ch and not like a k. :p

And BTW, that woman who said: "eres catalana" was wrong :p there are more countries that speak catalan and have that surname. :lol:

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-11-12, 17:08

elxiquet wrote:hehe i don't like when people pronounce that ch like the spanish ch and not like a k. :p

And BTW, that woman who said: "eres catalana" was wrong :p there are more countries that speak catalan and have that surname. :lol:

Hehe yes! Or this girl in my class whose surname was Bosch and one of our teachers said "oh great, like the washing machines" :lol:
I guess some of the dygraphs are difficult to guess if you don't know their pronunciation, such as the final ig: my poor Catalan literature teacher's surnames were Guiu and Reig haha so none of her teachers during the dictatorship would know how to pronounce that :| And even now some people feel really confused when they see it.

toksave

Postby toksave » 2005-11-14, 2:31

elxiquet, regardless of that, we are still of catalan descendents :wink:

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-11-15, 1:06

Heheh yeah, i'm sure that if you search across your famly tree, sooner or later you'll find a catalan :lol:

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-11-15, 1:09

Tenma665 wrote:Hehe yes! Or this girl in my class whose surname was Bosch and one of our teachers said "oh great, like the washing machines" :lol:
I guess some of the dygraphs are difficult to guess if you don't know their pronunciation, such as the final ig: my poor Catalan literature teacher's surnames were Guiu and Reig haha so none of her teachers during the dictatorship would know how to pronounce that :| And even now some people feel really confused when they see it.

Hehe now you mention the "ig" sound, you now there's a town here called "Elx" (or Elche in spanish) Well, the non-oficial normative writes it like "Elig". How many people do you think would pronounce that like Elx...?

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-11-15, 8:36

elxiquet wrote:
Tenma665 wrote:Hehe yes! Or this girl in my class whose surname was Bosch and one of our teachers said "oh great, like the washing machines" :lol:

Hehe now you mention the "ig" sound, you now there's a town here called "Elx" (or Elche in spanish) Well, the non-oficial normative writes it like "Elig". How many people do you think would pronounce that like Elx...?

:shock: :shock: I didn't know there was that spelling!!! It looks bizarre! :oops:

Return to “Catalan/Valencian (Català/Valencià)”