Catalan music

Moderator: Iván

Fenek

Catalan music

Postby Fenek » 2005-09-13, 9:04

What artists singing in Catalan do you like?

I like Opció K-95, an oi-punk band. They have a couple of cool songs...

:whistle: Estem preparats!
:whistle: Nosaltres contra el món!

:whistle: Estem preparats!
:whistle: Nosaltres contra el món!

:whistle: ...
8)
I'd appreciate any corrections to my messages!
Vi sarò molto grato per ogni correzione!
Zelo vam bom hvaležen za popravke!
Aş fi recunoscător pentru orice corectare!
Bio bih vam veoma zahvalan na ispravkama!

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-09-13, 9:49

I like them too, sometimes 8)
I'm usually not very fond of Catalan music... I mean there are some very good artists, but it really pisses me off to see the only bands that succeed (even if it is a minor success when compared to artists in other languages) are crap, like Els Pets who repeat their same formula of success over and over :evil: I can't stand them, especially after being to one of their concerts. I do like, however, some alternative bands, and some small formations I've seen in a concert or two, even if I'd probably not have the chance to hear them again.
My favourite bands would be:
* Dept
* Obrint Pas
* Cheb Balowski
* Sopa de cabra
* Whiskyn's (sometimes
* Lax'n'busto (sometimes...)
* Inadaptats (sometimes...)

A friend of mine also strongly recommended me to hear Cesc Freixas's songs, but I still didn't have the chance.

Car
Forum Administrator

Postby Car » 2005-09-13, 9:58

Tenma665 wrote:* Obrint Pas
* Cheb Balowski
* Sopa de cabra
* Lax'n'busto (sometimes...)

I know a few songs from those bands, but I clearly like Sopa de cabra best. I really should check ritmes.net and rockcatalà.com more often, especially since I couldn't look for music while I was in Catalonia. :(
Please correct my mistakes!

Alcadras

Postby Alcadras » 2005-09-13, 11:37

Marta Roure - Jugarem a estimar nos
:P

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-09-13, 12:14

Alcadras wrote:Marta Roure - Jugarem a estimar nos
:P

LOL :P Well it's not that bad, I guess, but it's not my kind of music...

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-09-14, 1:20

Vull que estiguem junts que no deixem de jugar... :whistle:

That song was good for Eurovision song contest. They got the 12 points from Spain in the semi-finals :p

About Els Pets, one friend once sent me a song from them: "Bon Dia" and i liked it very much, but then i downloaded a whole cd and it was like a bit repetitive. However I liked the last song "Bona Nit"... a very quit one.

i've listened some songs of Obrint Pas (mainly), Sopa de cabra, lax'n... and well, i like some songs. What i don't like of Obrint Pas is that they arelike faking their language using another dialect (they are from valencia and try to use the oriental dialect), and all their songs are politics-related.

I'd just say it's a bit fake and odd, and that's it, but even if I agree their accent is not exactly pure Valencian... that could never be called oriental!! I wouldn't even say North-Western :shock: :shock:

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-09-17, 12:16

Sorry, elxiquet... i clicked "edit" instead of "quote". I'm really sorry :oops:

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-09-17, 21:48

Hehe it's ok, i did the same in other forums lol

Well, i don't mean phonetically, but by the words they use. It's just a consequence of our linguistic conflict. Some exagerate the differences and others just avoid using their own words.

Guillem

Postby Guillem » 2005-09-21, 16:57

This actually happens almost everywhere in the Catalan speaking area where there are also Spanish speakers, obviously including the part of Catalonia where Eastern Catalan is used ;)
I think it is a shame we have this awful language interaction :? I mean, nobody seems to speak their language(s) correctly... they just mix everything, and even if they know the right words, the right spelling or the correct pronunciation, they mess everything up because that's how we speak colloquially (me included).

And oddly enough, it happens pretty much the same to Spanish speakers, who end up speaking rubbish or saying pieces of museum like "enchegar la máquina", which may look absolutely awkward to a proper Spanish speaker, but that is something pretty usual among the Spanish population here. Or, for instance, you also hear them using "que" at the beginning of an interrogative sentence :lol:, but of course, these mistakes are not that common as those made by those who have Catalan as their first language : \

PD: Per cert, he trigat una mica més del compte a respondre perquè he estat a Barcelona apuntant-me a un curs de neerlandès :P Potser amb una mica de sort algun dia el parlo i tot xD

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-09-22, 14:20

Yeah, well i was referring to our own conflict, not just with spanish (which is the real conflict actually) but with our language (and specially our dialectal variety) "prestige" among their speakers. We call it "auto-odi" :p

Spanish is more prestigious than valencian and catalan dialect is more prestigious than valencian dialect for many people...

But yes, the languageinteraction (spanish-val/cat) exists here too. For example, "calor" and "mar" are masculines and we say: la calor, and la mar...

There's an interesting article about this here:

"El castellano en la Comunidad Valenciana"
http://cvc.cervantes.es/obref/congresos ... briz_a.htm

elxiquet

Postby elxiquet » 2005-09-22, 14:27

Well, in that article, i can't agree with many things, but i was referring to a part of it, :p

"5. Consecuencias lingüísticas"

shAk

Postby shAk » 2006-08-19, 20:02

I like "No és nou (it's not new)" by Beth and Gossos. The lyrics are weird but the rhythm is funny. / A mi m'agrada "No és nou" de Beth i Gossos. La lletra és rara però el ritme és divertit.

:lol:

Return to “Catalan/Valencian (Català/Valencià)”